Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Decemeber 2:Gatti-Cotto IF gatti beats Baldomir

Although junior welterweight titlist Miguel Cotto is still in a soft cast after suffering a hairline fracture in his left hand during his decision victory against Paulie Malignaggi on June 10, there is already discussion about his next fight in the fall.

Cotto

Cotto will move up to welterweight and hopes to face action star Arturo Gatti. However, the fight would dependent on Gatti winning the welterweight world title from Carlos Baldomir on July 22.

"We have agreed with [Gatti promoter] Main Events to do nothing until after July 22," Cotto promoter Arum said. "If Gatti wins and is not banged up, then hopefully on Dec. 2 Gatti will fight Cotto. If Gatti loses, or Gatti wins and is banged up and the fight can't go until next year, we will look to get Cotto another fight at 147 pounds. Then we would hope to arrange a Gatti-Cotto fight next year."

Carl Moretti of Main Events said that, indeed, if Gatti beats Baldomir, that is the fight they will pursue.

Arum said that although he has had discussions with Artie Pelullo, the co-promoter of welterweight titlist Ricky Hatton, a Hatton-Cotto fight in the fall is unlikely. Hatton is headed to a mandatory defense against Oktay Urkal instead.

Besides, Arum said, he would prefer to put together a match between Hatton and former lightweight champion Jose Luis Castillo first.

Castillo's career, however, is up in the air because he faces disciplinary action from the Nevada commission for his failure to make weight for his third bout against Diego Corrales on June 3, resulting in the cancellation of the fight.

Nevada commission executive director Keith Kizer said Castillo will have a hearing before the commission, probably in August

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Decemeber 2:Gatti-Cotto IF gatti beats Baldomir

I think this would be a good match for Cotto to get acquainted to 147. I definitely think he will win,I want to see better stamina and I would like him to box more for this particular fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Decemeber 2:Gatti-Cotto IF gatti beats Baldomir

This would be a great action fight! Cotto would drag Gatti down into a war, I think the only question would be if Cotto could take Gatti's power. Gatti can take some shots and if he can get into Cotto's chin anthing can happen. I think I would have to favor Cotto in this one. Gatti has been in way to many wars and is on the down side of his career.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Thread Information