0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: referees watch this!!!

he had two recent losses?
    mark hunt and ricardo arona.

he beat arona in his rematch. and it was actually a controversal decision, no one has really beaten him big time, its always close. in the first fight arona was just taking him down and sitting on him. very boring. Wanderlei does seem to struggle with strong wrestlers like tito and arona.

Mark Hunt is a world class striker, in k-1 rules he would have knocked the f*** out of ppl like skelton, he is iron chin, this guy will prob never ever ever get knocked out. he took over 6 kicks of crocops to the head without even looking hurt. ppl cant take one and this guy walks into em regularly...lol. he is samoan, what do you expect. he has massive amounts of ko power too!!!

when he fought wanderlei, it was a controversal decision. silva hadnt been beaten in over 5 years at the time. silva is a much more improved fighter now than he was back in 1997/8.
    silva and hunt had a good fight, silva was doing well standing with hunt, he was floored with a combo of punches but was ok. NOW IF SILVA COULD STAND WITH SUCH A DANGEROUS WORLD CLASS STRIKER LIKE HUNT, DO YOU STILL THINK SILVA HAS GIRLY PUNCHES AND PROB CANT FIGHT OR TAKE A SHOT. HUH?

hunt went on to beat the likes of crocop, and other fighters. he lost controversal decsions to world class fighters, he will now prob beat hunt, hunt outweighed him by 25 pounds before (silva was LHW back then) now he is HW so it will be a different story!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart Lacy
    he had two recent losses?
    mark hunt and ricardo arona.

he beat arona in his rematch. and it was actually a controversal decision, no one has really beaten him big time, its always close. in the first fight arona was just taking him down and sitting on him. very boring. Wanderlei does seem to struggle with strong wrestlers like tito and arona.

Mark Hunt is a world class striker, in k-1 rules he would have knocked the f*** out of ppl like skelton, he is iron chin, this guy will prob never ever ever get knocked out. he took over 6 kicks of crocops to the head without even looking hurt. ppl cant take one and this guy walks into em regularly...lol. he is samoan, what do you expect. he has massive amounts of ko power too!!!

when he fought wanderlei, it was a controversal decision. silva hadnt been beaten in over 5 years at the time. silva is a much more improved fighter now than he was back in 1997/8.
    silva and hunt had a good fight, silva was doing well standing with hunt, he was floored with a combo of punches but was ok. NOW IF SILVA COULD STAND WITH SUCH A DANGEROUS WORLD CLASS STRIKER LIKE HUNT, DO YOU STILL THINK SILVA HAS GIRLY PUNCHES AND PROB CANT FIGHT OR TAKE A SHOT. HUH?hunt went on to beat the likes of crocop, and other fighters. he lost controversal decsions to world class fighters, he will now prob beat hunt, hunt outweighed him by 25 pounds before (silva was LHW back then) now he is HW so it will be a different story!
    never said he punches like a girl
    the Mark Hunt and Arona fights were both close fights and could have gone either way and i know he won the rematch with Arona
    The same thing you say Arona did, thats what silva did with cro cop, he took cro cop down the whole fight and didn't land anything clean.  i think cro cop should of got the win, he did more than silva when the fight was a stand up, hit Silva with some hard kicks to the ribs

It might sound like I hate Silva but i don't, i agree that he is an improved fighter then when he was fighting in the UFC and he looked very good in his last fight.  I want silva to get matched with cro cop in the next round or the finals if they both make it to the finals
    I don't understand why you mentioned Skelton, he would get beat by alot of fighters in k-1 rules not just Mark Hunt

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IRON
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    The guy Tito Ortiz kicked the a** of by actually trying to counter his wide shots?
    http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/f...?fighterID=209

Yup, same guy.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's also the same guy Belfort took out in about 50 seconds.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

does mark have a brother mike
    to me, anytime 2 guys decide to go full contact with a set of rules is considered a sport. Some may say, that if you can hit an opponent while on the ground, that its not sportsman like.... Well what about if you can block a punch on the ground? these guys are doing something with rules, and regulations, to me...Hellova sport!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TyBuff
    I respect your opinion about MMa style fights, but to me it just looks like a supervised bar brawl. I know there is some technique and everything, but it stills looks like a supervised brawl. IMO if you can strike an opponent while he is on the ground then its not very sporting.
    Watch Fedor Emelianko's ground and pound then you'll have a different attitude of hitting in that poisition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by raleights
    Quote Originally Posted by TyBuff
    I respect your opinion about MMa style fights, but to me it just looks like a supervised bar brawl. I know there is some technique and everything, but it stills looks like a supervised brawl. IMO if you can strike an opponent while he is on the ground then its not very sporting.
    Watch Fedor Emelianko's ground and pound then you'll have a different attitude of hitting in that poisition
    I doubt it. No offense to anybody that does like mma, but after reading this and another thread about mma I will never be a fan of it. It takes fighting sports back to the Roman gladiator days, the only thing different is that they are not allowed to kill their opponent.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're supposed to draw conclusions after seeing it and not hearing someone elses opinion, but agree to disagree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by raleights
    You're supposed to draw conclusions after seeing it and not hearing someone elses opinion, but agree to disagree
    agree to disagree.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

El Kabong Guest

Anyone remember that K-1 guy who "could punch as hard as David Tua" and he got his ass handed to him in his first boxing match?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Anyone remember that K-1 guy who "could punch as hard as David Tua" and he got his a** handed to him in his first boxing match?
    I think you might be talking about Siala "Mighty Mo" Siliga
    http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=356526

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

iron, dont talk about things that you dont know about.

btw i got the crocop silva fight, and wat you had to say about the fight is totally wrong. Silva definetly landed more punches standing, landed more kicks although they had no or little effect. crocop was very passive in that fight, worried about being taken down, even bas rutten was surprised about the way silva was fighting, silva easily would ave won that fight. Wait till they fight again in a couple of months, we'll see, NO WEIGT DISADVANTAGE FOR SILVA.

silva has never ever been knocked out, he's been down but never out cold. against belfort, what happened was, belfort threw a flurry of straight punches, backed silva up to the cage, silva went down on his knees i think and the ref stopped it, silva started complaining. in pride that fight wont have been stopped.

now silva would murder vitor as vitor is not the fighter he was and silva now is betta than ever!

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by IRON
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Anyone remember that K-1 guy who "could punch as hard as David Tua" and he got his a** handed to him in his first boxing match?
    I think you might be talking about Siala "Mighty Mo" Siliga
    http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=356526
    Right you are, cc

And you were saying something about boxing skill Lionheart?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

mighty mo is a crap boxer! even though he ktfo of botha, he is technically crap.

don king did want a mma fighter to box for him,...the guy who knocked out matt skelton out cold...jerome lebanner!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart Lacy
    iron, dont talk about things that you dont know about.

btw i got the crocop silva fight, and wat you had to say about the fight is totally wrong. Silva definetly landed more punches standing, landed more kicks although they had no or little effect. crocop was very passive in that fight, worried about being taken down, even bas rutten was surprised about the way silva was fighting, silva easily would ave won that fight. Wait till they fight again in a couple of months, we'll see, NO WEIGT DISADVANTAGE FOR SILVA.

silva has never ever been knocked out, he's been down but never out cold. against belfort, what happened was, belfort threw a flurry of straight punches, backed silva up to the cage, silva went down on his knees i think and the ref stopped it, silva started complaining. in pride that fight wont have been stopped.

now silva would murder vitor as vitor is not the fighter he was and silva now is betta than ever!
    I watched the fight too and even it was in a different language i still know who won and i don't need Bas Rutten to tell me who won the fight. yes, Silva was very explosive and throwing punches but he didn't land alot and no way Silva landed more kicks, at the end of the fight Silva's ribs were all bruised from kicks. If they do fight i really don't care if Silva beats cro cop or not but to me it still won't change the first fight they had.

Silva didn't lose to Vitor because of the ref, he lost because he was young and not experienced and Vitor was just better at that time and i never said anything about Vitor beating Silva now. Also don't tell me what to f****** talk about.

Thread Information