Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default referees watch this!!!

as you lot may have figured i am a big boxing fan aswell as a big no holds barred fighting fan aka vale tudo aka mixed martial arts!

i like boxing but recently its got me bored. only the big fights really excite me nowadays in boxing.
    MMA is alot more exciting recently. in PRIDE FC they are having a open weight tournament where all weights can fight each other!

there is a fighter by the name of wanderlei silva, LHW champ. P4P THE BEST fighter on the planet, the guys a multi dimentional striker, ferocious guy. standing in at 5'11.

on the 1st of july was the second round of the tourney, with 8 fighters left. silva was fighting a guy by the name of fujita, aka iron head. it is medically proven that THIS GUYS SKULL IS THICKER THAN NORMAL HUMANS! this guy outweights silva by over 30 pounds!!!!

he was never floored before in his career before with a punch, (once by fedors kick to liver) he's fought the best of heavyweights, crocop, ken shamrock, n recently the massive giant james thompson, who he knocked out.
    he also has a knockout punch.

When i first learned that silva was fighting fujita i thought " sh1t. silva migh t get beat"

anyways, REFEREE'S - i posted an article about referee's stopping fights too early, well after watching this awesome highlight of the silva vs fujita fight, i know i did the right thing,

watch fujita crawl whilst his opponent be's kicking his head!

silva is a ferocious fighter who is most probably win the OWGP. the guy is a vicious striker, honestly, he has ko power and ultra exciting!

do you find this more exciting or what!!!?!?!?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: referees watch this!!!

i think silva who is brazilian was angry that brazil were out the world cup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart Lacy
    as you lot may have figured i am a big boxing fan aswell as a big no holds barred fighting fan aka vale tudo aka mixed martial arts!

i like boxing but recently its got me bored. only the big fights really excite me nowadays in boxing.
    MMA is alot more exciting recently. in PRIDE FC they are having a open weight tournament where all weights can fight each other!

there is a fighter by the name of wanderlei silva, LHW champ. P4P THE BEST fighter on the planet, the guys a multi dimentional striker, ferocious guy. standing in at 5'11.

on the 1st of july was the second round of the tourney, with 8 fighters left. silva was fighting a guy by the name of fujita, aka iron head. it is medically proven that THIS GUYS SKULL IS THICKER THAN NORMAL HUMANS! this guy outweights silva by over 30 pounds!!!!

he was never floored before in his career before with a punch, (once by fedors kick to liver) he's fought the best of heavyweights, crocop, ken shamrock, n recently the massive giant james thompson, who he knocked out.
    he also has a knockout punch.

When i first learned that silva was fighting fujita i thought " sh1t. silva migh t get beat"

anyways, REFEREE'S - i posted an article about referee's stopping fights too early, well after watching this awesome highlight of the silva vs fujita fight, i know i did the right thing,

watch fujita crawl whilst his opponent be's kicking his head!

silva is a ferocious fighter who is most probably win the OWGP. the guy is a vicious striker, honestly, he has ko power and ultra exciting!

do you find this more exciting or what!!!?!?!?!
    I respect your views, but watching pride fighting reminds me of reckless abandon, Bar room fight kind of thing. technique suffers and hitting opponents while they are down seems un sporting , Hell I don’t want to kill somebody in the ring . But that’s just my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MMA is a sport just like boxing. you have to have years of training innit, if you jus go into a pride ring or ufc octagon you will prob jus get submitted.

Watching a fast paced fighter like wanderlei silva does make it look quite scary, but fun to watch.

if a boxing official was the ref of this match he would have stopped the fight in the first 45 seconds!

referees need to be like that so it gives the loosing fighter more chance to recover.

IF WANDERLEI HAD GIVEN FUJITA 5-8 SECONDS, THAT TOUGH NUT JAPANESE WOULD HAVE RECOVERED NO DOUBT.

btw fujita was never floored before this fight, he got floored like 2/3 times by silva a LHW. big heavys like shamrock who hit fujita 30 times without success and thompson who couldnt hurt fujita....WHAT AN AWESOME FIGHT!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think silva who is brazilian was angry that brazil were out the world cup
    So he was showing Ronaldo how to kick a soccer ball?

Yes that fight was stopped I saw it tonight. It made me mad.. considering how early the other fights had been stopped.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

one thing i have noticed about pride fc is that they give the hometown fighter (japanese) more chance to recover.

Fujita took THEM KICKS WITHOUT GETTING KO'D he was very close to blacking out, silva looked like a caged animal! i havent seen him that ferocious since his fights with jackson, saku etc.

all the boxing fans should check out the mma fights, there are some big, exciting match ups! i mean im a fan of both!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I respect your opinion about MMa style fights, but to me it just looks like a supervised bar brawl. I know there is some technique and everything, but it stills looks like a supervised brawl. IMO if you can strike an opponent while he is on the ground then its not very sporting.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MMA fighters don't die in the ring. Boxers die all the time. Refs have to be ready to stop beatings, even at the cost of a dissatisfied fan who only wants watch people get their skulls cracked and teeth knocked out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

one thing i have noticed about pride fc is that they give the hometown fighter (japanese) more chance to recover.
    I'm sure Belforts opponent shared your opinion.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

actually belforts fight was stopped at the right time, perfect. but watch the crocop and silva fight, they went a bit over the line!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just can't get into it... scrappy from the opening bell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

how could you not get excited by watching mma, HOW ,HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!?!?!?!!?

even roy jones jr watches mma, so does mike tyson and zab judah etc, i am a big boxing fan but mma is alot more exciting, fast paced and anything could happen. many ways to win , ko, tko, submission, ko standing or on the ground, sub standing or on the ground, thats why when you get two good fighter in the ring, it is usually the one that gets the advantage first that wins, if we're lucky sometimes it turns into a proper thriller!

there are discussions going on about silva fighting CROCOP, jus by reading these dscussions makes you wwanna watch the fights even more...

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395875

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

even roy jones jr watches mma, so does mike tyson and zab judah etc, i am a big boxing fan but mma is alot more exciting, fast paced and anything could happen. many ways to win , ko, tko, submission, ko standing or on the ground, sub standing or on the ground, thats why when you get two good fighter in the ring, it is usually the one that gets the advantage first that wins, if we're lucky sometimes it turns into a proper thriller!

there are discussions going on about silva fighting CROCOP, jus by reading these dscussions makes you wwanna watch the fights even more...

The main thing for me is that in boxing you feel you are watcing elite athletes (for the most part) who a practising a skilled craft. With MMA I get the impression that it's organised by a mixture of reality tv and ex WWF promoters who decided to make a 'cool' really violent sport purely to appeal to the mindless masses, kind of like Bumfights on a bigger scale.

I don't regard any of the sport's 'stars' as athletes in a professional sense. Chuck Liddell looks to me more like a bouncer or a builder that likes to get involved in a dust up at the weekends.

Mildy entertaining but not a proper sport in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo

The main thing for me is that in boxing you feel you are watcing elite athletes (for the most part) who a practising a skilled craft. With MMA I get the impression that it's organised by a mixture of reality tv and ex WWF promoters who decided to make a 'cool' really violent sport purely to appeal to the mindless masses, kind of like Bumfights on a bigger scale.

I don't regard any of the sport's 'stars' as athletes in a professional sense. Chuck Liddell looks to me more like a bouncer or a builder that likes to get involved in a dust up at the weekends.

Mildy entertaining but not a proper sport in my opinion.
    I agree with you bilbo, there is just something about mma that is unsportsman.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Thread Information