Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HBO shifting from boxing to UFC!!

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: HBO shifting from boxing to UFC!!

MMA, Pride, UFC, etc might feel great right now but Boxing will never die in it's darkest hour it has born fighters greater than ANYTHING the MMA groups could produce.

Dempsey, Tyson, Ray Robinson, Joe Louis, Ray Leonard and so on.

I will never ever like MMA, it's two guys rolling around on the ground, it's not extremely strategic it is more WWE than boxing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart Lacy

1. You often get great fighters like WANDERLEI SILVA and Fedor and nog, who are good at everything, striking and grappling, these guys are almost impossible to beat.

2. i wont mind seeing a good boxer go up against a good mma fighter...it'll be interesting!
    1. Vanderlei got beaten up badly by Tito Ortiz. The way you beat Vanderlei is with counters as he runs in. Not taking anything away from his accomplishments. But thats how you would beat him.

2. And in a boxing match an MMA fighter would be knocked out. In am MMA fight against a boxer a grappler would submit the boxer if he didn't get caught first.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

. Vanderlei got beaten up badly by Tito Ortiz. The way you beat Vanderlei is with counters as he runs in. Not taking anything away from his accomplishments. But thats how you would beat him.
    1) Wanderlei's lost to tito was controversial. silva knokced tito down and then chased him across the octagon to give him a few more cracks. they were both kids, jus look at that fight compared to them now. silva wont be known as p4p greatest if he could be simply beaten as you have said.
    he's never been knocked out either, he handed rampage, kondo, and saku there first ko and tko loses.

2)in a boxing match a boxer is very likely to win. but power wise, silvas punches or fedors could easily be as hard or harder than a boxers, skill wise boxers in hand department are betta but power and speed, that is natural.

El Kabong Guest

....they don't punch as hard as boxers of the same size...maybe Audley Harrison but not anyone else. Taking nothing away from them, it's just their style takes the power, speed, and accuracy away from them, they could be taught to throw better punches but it would take a while

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    MMA shooting itself in the foot is bringing back these old time fighters for their stars to fight because there's no one else in the division thats as good. I would rather see a challenge then watch some one person dominate a division over and over against fighters I never heard of. What's a recent UFC superfight
    Well what alot of people fail to realize is that UFC is not the only MMA company nor is it even a great one at that, it's just based in the US & thats why many view it as great! In all actuallity most UFC fighters aren't even that good & have mediocre skill levels compaired to other MMA comapnies especially the MMA fighting mecca company PRIDE fighting championship which is based on top level & Black Belt level fighters with great skill! INO, UFC fighters would look really bad in the ring with PRIDE fighters: for example: Antonio Nogiera or Fedor Ememlienko VS. Tim Silva or Andre Arloski, Matt Hughes VS. Wanderlei Silva or Mauricio "Sho GUN" Rua, etc etc!!!! The quality difference is far apart & those who have not yet seen Pride need to go out and watch it! www.PrideFC.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like ultimate fighting for it really does give a better idea of who the better all around fighter is but I have always had the feeling that the sport is somehow protected you know kind of like PBF has been protected by HBO.

I mean I just can not believe that we have not seen any even slightly notorious boxers compete in the UFC. With the thousands of money hungry boxers with their fight anyone, anytime, anywhere attitides around the world it only makes snce that some of them have tried to compete in this sport; but yet where are they. Does the UFC or the MMC or whatever they call it regulate who is allowed to compete? Do you have to have some sort of black belt or a certain amount UFC fights to before you are allowed in the big money fights? There has to be a catch here and I think it has to do the UFC MMC being afraid that some mediocre boxer could embarras this sport. However, as I have said before, there are good boxers that cant do a thing once they are taken to the ground but I remain skeptical of ultimate fighting so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart Lacy

he's never been knocked out either, he handed rampage, kondo, and saku there first ko and tko loses.
    Belfort knocked him out in under a minute. But he has improved since then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla

A "come one;come all" type of affair where you "step right up and test your skills." The times I have watched MMA I felt like they picked the fighters out of a mob who had gathered out back.

That is because you do not appreciate the finer points of what they are doing, my friend. Just because a good MMA fighter does not possess the punching ability of a good boxer does not mean the MMA fighter is not highly skilled; he is trained in ranges of combat (wrestling, jiu-jitsu, etc.) that the boxer has no idea about. If they fought, the MMA fighter would simply use his other skills to take the boxer to the ground and submit him. I am not trying to denigrate boxing, I just want to make the point that they are two great sports with incredibly skilled combatants in each.

Thread Information