Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What is your favourite sub

To all the fighters in here...what is your favourite submission?

Triangles look the bollocks but are tricky to get in competition. Ude garami (keylocks) are easier to get when in side control. The favourite has to be the naked choke though. Nothing like getting the hooks in turning someone over and then sinking in the choke.

Also have you ever choked/strangled anyone unconscious or have you been choked unconscious yourselves? I have been strangled unconsious twice before. Both happened when in my earlier Judo days due to not knowing when to tap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What is your favourite sub

I prefer roast beef.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have been most succesfull with the straight arm bar from the guard. Alot of people get sloppy when they are in your guard. But my fav is a shoulder choke when someone thinks they have you in their guillotine. They are squeezing and all of the sudden they can't breathe. Trianlge is awesome to sink, but my legs are so big it can be a challenge.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Munky
    Both happened when in my earlier Judo days due to not knowing when to tap.
    When it starts to hurt, TAP!!! lol.

My wife and I horse around with judo subs (lightly!) from the book once in a while. Mostly, I let her do moves on me. It's like, "hey, let's try this one!" I can't believe how effective some of them are, even when not done with absolutely perfect form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Milash
    I prefer roast beef.
    Ha ha not sure everyone got that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Milash
    Quote Originally Posted by Munky
    Both happened when in my earlier Judo days due to not knowing when to tap.
    When it starts to hurt, TAP!!! lol.

My wife and I horse around with judo subs (lightly!) from the book once in a while. Mostly, I let her do moves on me. It's like, "hey, let's try this one!" I can't believe how effective some of them are, even when not done with absolutely perfect form.

Some of the gi chokes used in Judo are awesome. I have one that i use whilst in someones guard...basically i just grab their right lapel with my left hand (palm down knuckels inwards) then reach round the back of the neck with the right hand and grab the jacket firmly. They don't think you are going for a choke only maybe a better grip. Roll over to my left giving them the false sense that they are going into the mount. As you roll pull hard with your right hand and across with your left hand. They tap in a second as the windpipe gets crushed and the eyes pop out. Not even sure there is a name for it as i was shown it years ago by a chap and he didn't know what it was called. Oh its a nasty little fooka!
    Ive used it a few times in competition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Without a doubt, my favorite submission has to be the Belly Button Press (aka the BBP). While I doubt it's legal in any type of sanctioned match whatsoever, this thing is insanely effective. What makes it so effective is that nobody really expects it, and even if they know whats going on, they dont expect it to hurt. Basically, its best utilized against a friend that your sparring around with for fun.

All you do is take your thumb, and push it down into their belly button. Try and touch the floor through the stomache. It is the most excruciating pain. Give it a try sometime by "accident" in a match if you can...maybe while passing guard, or something of that nature. If you do it correctly, it'll look like an accident, but it should surprise them enough that they react in some manner, opening themselves up for a second.
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a mere 10lb shih tzu that stands on my stomach and when her paw is in the BB oriface it hurts like hell.

A guy I know, a dumass cop practically right out of Super Troopers, was showing me stuff one day. Right beneath the nose, where the hair line meets the cartilage... simply press up with one finger. There's a nerve or something and that hurts like hell too.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

at my next tournment I'll have to try the belly button submission

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

question about judo..yall were talking about judo submissions..is this something they only train in b/c when I've watched judo competitions (olympics) I've never seen a submission only throws.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds
    question about judo..yall were talking about judo submissions..is this something they only train in b/c when I've watched judo competitions (olympics) I've never seen a submission only throws.
    Judo in the olypics is predominantly stand up. When Judo goes to the ground in competition then something has to be happening and QUICKLY for the ref to allow it to continue on the ground. No laying in the guard waiting for an advantage or an opprotunity something has to be going on as soon as something hits the matt. Also in competition judo you are not allowed to deliberately take someone down to the ground...it has to be via a failed throw that things then continue on the ground. (its easy to know the tricks of failed throws if you want it to go to the ground ). What i'm saying it you can't 'shoot' in and take someone down. If a throw is executed correctly yhen the thrower scores ippon and thats the end of the contest. Groundwork is still practised quite a bit in our club. Depends on the club and where they are more focussed. We tend to split 60% standing 40% groundwork.

Traditional judo is different. Some variations concetrate soley on groundwork. Such as Kosen Judo which i have trained in before. It was the style that was taught to the gracies, they then adapted it to be BJJ.

I love groundwork but believe me there is nothing and i mean nothing like throwing a fully resisting opponent and slamming them into the deck for ippon. Its an equivelent to a KO in boxing. great feeling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MAN I godda take some judo. Trouble is, it's hard to split time with boxing, school (part-time MBA studies) a kid (future F1 or LHW champ of the world) on the way and the simple fact that most dojos charge about (at least) $50 per month and then you have to go when THEY SAY you can go. grrrr!!! Boxing gyms, God love 'em, come and go as you please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anaconda choke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

but every once in a while I'll go for turkey. And shit, sometimes even meatball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Somtimes if they dont make my sub the right way, ill throw them into a sub...not a submission hold, but an actual sub sandwhich- its humiliating and messy. :P Ive seen Ken Shamrock fly to the ground and get Pat Smith into a leg lock in like 2 seconds, that hold was pretty cool.

Thread Information