Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: People who like MMA...

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default People who like MMA...

Give me one reason why I should care about it.

I am not trying to deliberately diss it but I find it totally lacking in entertainment, perhaps everyone else might be cool with kicking, HORRIBLE punching which they call "striking", and grappling which basically ammounts to rolling around on the ground.

Everyone says it's better than boxing, well if it's so much better why hasn't it taken over? You never see it on ESPN, it doesn't get coverage in newspapers, I couldn't name 5 Pride, UFC, MMA fighters if my life depended on it.

So WHY is it good?

Do the match ups SEEM more fair? Because it might be the case now but corruption spreads like a motherfucker and it'll hit MMA soon enough.

Are there more 'stars' in those fighting groups?

Or are you guys basically fed up with PPV?

I don't like PPV, I don't buy them unless I REALLY want to see the fight live, I have like 10 HBO's they replay the fights all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: People who like MMA...

You poor bitter soul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In comparable time slots, the UFC draws better ratings than boxing. It is only not covered more because the sports media has had a 100 year traidition of covering boxing and the UFC did really not begin to explode juntil this past February.

Saying that grappling in professional MMA "amounts to rolling around on the ground" is like saying pro boxing "amunts to two bar flies trading haymakers."

BTW, I love both sports.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the reason why it hasnt taken over boxing is because its only been around for about 12/13 years. boxing has been around for over a century!

it lacks entertainment LMAO!!!!!
    how could you say horrible punching? they could still knock someone out. in mma you cannot do PURE BOXING PUNCHES COS YOU'LL GET KICKED IN THE HEAD OR TAKEN DOWN. the guard is different.

crocop was an amatuer, his record - 40-5 (31 inside) he has wicked strikes. when francois botha went to mma, he got knocked the f*** out! in mma you jus punch, if its effective for you then cool. look at wanderlei's punches or fedors, they different to pure boxing style, but they knock you out!
    I believe wanderlei will whoop any boxer in a stand up fight. just becasue their guard is different or the way they punch isnt textbook boxing, doesnt mean they suck!

btw i always by ppv if i wanna watch the fight.
    i think PRIDE FC is on ppv but they dont show it in uk, they show it in 75 other countries, lol!

THINK ABOUT THIS.- pride fc has no media coverage in uk and no papers mention it. it doesnt come on tv. doesnt come on the ppv in uk. BUT STILL ALOT OF PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT IT THROUGH JUST THE INTERNET. NOW IF IT HAD ALL THE MEDIA COVERAGE AND STUFF IT WILL GO THROUGH THE ROOF MAN!.

the boxing gym i train at, there are a few ppl who know the champ from japan (pride fc - fedor and the champ in ufc , tim sylvia) now they could only know all this from the internet or maybe bravo (ufc comes on it - tv channel)

how popular do you think it would be if it had all the paper coverage and media stuff, came on the news regualary (hopefully sport news )

the reason why people are turning to mma is because boxing is lacking big fights
    the last fight i was lookin g foreward to like mad apart from the b-hop n tarver was the lacy ncalzaghe bout, it was in the papers everyday and mentioned all the time on the news etc.

i think in boxing everyone should just fight.
    ricky hatton with cotto winner faces mayweather
    mayweather with margarito,

people also wanna see what happens with toney v wlad, let em fight.

in the last pride fc event, over 80 thousand people went to watch the fights. most of the fights were big, like superfights. WAIT TILL THE NEXT EVENT.

ALSO PRIDE IS COMING TO AMERICA IN OCTOBER 21ST, beware guys

dont get me wrong, i am a solid solid boxing fan, but i am also a solid mma fan, im jus sticking up for one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A reason to like it it the diversity in styles and style matchups and thr art in itself of mixed martial arts in a freestyle battle. There's not like a Floyd Mayweather who can make a mistake and could lose a round and then still win the fight if he got buzzed. In MMA even if you're the best one armbar or submission or mistake and its over for you no matter how good you are. Well unless you're Rampage Jackson where if someone armbars you, you just pick them up and slam them head first into the matt. Unfortunately the kicks of Vanderlei got to him first..he had him at the end of the first round though, 30 seconds more and Jackson is the winner, but then again its a prime example of MMA.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont like MMA and to it holds no real interest for me. If others want to like it then thats fair enough, Ive no bitterness about it. For some reason boxing holds more appeal to me and im sure it always will over all other sports. Its in ze blood....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    I dont like MMA and to it holds no real interest for me. If others want to like it then thats fair enough, Ive no bitterness about it. For some reason boxing holds more appeal to me and im sure it always will over all other sports. Its in ze blood....
    miles.

Totally agree.

Boxing will always hold more of my interest because of the talent pool, the history, the skill level, & the beauty of it all.

There are a lot of boxers that are just beautiful to watch at work...that may sound corny...but to me...it's not.

Floyd, Leonard, Oscar, Hopkins, Hagler, all those guys are just so tuned in to the finess of boxing that it's amazing just to watch them work. To set out a plan, carry it to it's fruition, & execute it with style & accuracy just garners my respect like nothing else on the planet.

I just can't say that MMA does that. Actual Martial Arts is a different story...the craft & science that is true martial arts hooks me the same way that boxing does...but not Pride Fighting, UFC, or MMA sports...nothing there for me.

That's all. I have no respect for it...& won't.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actual Martial Arts is a different story...the craft & science that is true martial arts hooks me the same way that boxing does...but not Pride Fighting, UFC, or MMA sports...nothing there for me. Wack-O

Same goes for me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good post wacko.

watch this fight HL. imagine this was on one of the frank warrens fight cards, it will have the crowd go crazy, theres no rolling on the floor, no brutality, PLAIN EXCITING IT WOULD HAVE A CROWD GO CRAZY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Y_2...obbie%20lawler

El Kabong Guest

From what I saw of Wanderlei or whatever his name is, he can't punch a lick! Yeah he knocked the guy out but you're telling me that Wanderlei could KO a boxer in a boxing match? Not with those punches bro!

Yeah Frans Botha and Ray Mercer got beat up because they are boxers, and Ray got put in with a KICKER poor guy.

There are people that kick in fights....they are called GIRLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Actual Martial Arts is a different story...the craft & science that is true martial arts hooks me the same way that boxing does...but not Pride Fighting, UFC, or MMA sports...nothing there for me.

Same goes for me...
    What I consider to be the true martial arts such as Kung fu, Wushu, the Shaolin style, Aikijujutsu, Aikido, & my favorite of all Ninjutsu have entrigued me for years...MMA has nothing on that.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Again...let me state...no disrespect to those that love MMA...I just like talking shat & playing around...it's all in fun...but seriously...MMA got a huge boost/boom when Charter telecable starting hooking up basic cable & the PPV shots in most trailer parks accross the United States.

I'm sorry bitches...but that is pretty damned humerous...if to no one else...but me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart Lacy
    good post wacko.

watch this fight HL. imagine this was on one of the frank warrens fight cards, it will have the crowd go crazy, theres no rolling on the floor, no brutality, PLAIN EXCITING IT WOULD HAVE A CROWD GO CRAZY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Y_2...obbie%20lawler

for the clip Lionheart Lacy.

...and I aint be a smart ass to ya...but it just does nothing for me. NOTHING.

I just don't favor the fighters...to rough around the edges & just to unchecked brutality & way to sloppy...no finess or beauty in that.

El Kabong Guest

UFC and Pride are like toughman competitions...it's for people with no true skill at punching or defense but they can just run at each other and try to take advantage of all the numerous flaws they have.

Punching a guy while on the ground?....now that's gay

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by miles
    miles.

Totally agree.

Boxing will always hold more of my interest because of the talent pool, the history, the skill level, & the beauty of it all.

There are a lot of boxers that are just beautiful to watch at work...that may sound corny...but to me...it's not.

Floyd, Leonard, Oscar, Hopkins, Hagler, all those guys are just so tuned in to the finess of boxing that it's amazing just to watch them work. To set out a plan, carry it to it's fruition, & execute it with style & accuracy just garners my respect like nothing else on the planet.

I just can't say that MMA does that. Actual Martial Arts is a different story...the craft & science that is true martial arts hooks me the same way that boxing does...but not Pride Fighting, UFC, or MMA sports...nothing there for me.

That's all. I have no respect for it...& won't.
    's to Wacko and Lyle

Boxing IMO is a whole different ballgame Pride, UFC, MMA, K1 and all that other stuff....

Kicking is just not something that computes on my radar...I dont like to see grown men trying to kick each other. It just isnt my cup of tea. Watching two men on the ground writhing and squirming and grunting....it just doesnt do it for me either.

Thread Information