Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hopkins disses Roy Jones Jr. and Talks about the Chance of Ring Return...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hopkins disses Roy Jones Jr. and Talks about the Chance of Ring Return...

In a recent interview conducted by Dan Rafael of ESPN.com, Rafael catches up with Bernard Hopkins and discusses Hopkins' retirement and what might motivate Hopkins to return. Rafael asked what was the chances of seeing Hopkins come out of retirement and fight again.

Hopkins responded on the subject of retirement: "I'm still not coming back. Besides, no one offered me anything to even think about coming out of retirement to get abused by the media for going back on my word."

Hopkins also added nothing could motivate him to comeback right now. Not even Roy Jones Jr., a man Hopkins has time and time again spoken about fighting. Hopkins dissed Jones Jr. for the choice of his next opponent, Prince Badi Ajamu.

Hopkins tells ESPN: "And who the hell is there to fight? You can't get no better than the last one. I'm not a cruiserweight or a heavyweight. And [fighting a rematch with] Roy Jones? Even if he knocks Badi Ajamu's head off, who the hell is Badi Ajamu? There is nobody out there that can motivate me to fight."

Source of Quotes - Dan Rafael, ESPN.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© Copyright / All Rights reserved: Doghouse Boxing 1998-2006

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hopkins disses Roy Jones Jr. and Talks about the Chance of Ring Return...

Doug Haller for The Arizona Republic is reporting that ticket sales for Roy Jones Jr's upcoming bout with Prince Badi Ajamu is running flat. The fight is set to occcur on July 29 in Boise.

According to The Arizona Republic since last week less than 700 tickets have already been sold. There are 6,000-seat Qwest Center in Boise which is set to hold the event.

Promoter Kasey Thompson was quoted by the Idaho Statesman (another paper revealing poor ticket sales for Jones Jr - Prince Ajamu) laying some blame on Jones Jr. himself for not helping with the promotion and not being there physically.
    Thompson told the paper: "By having Roy physically in Boise — Roy's here, come see him — that is the best shot of selling tickets. It solidifies and shows he's going to be in Boise. People are not going to tie up $700 bucks for a hope-it-happens fight."

Another thing hampering ticket sales is the high price of the tickets. Fans have to cough up over $200 and upwards to attend the event.

Source of Quotes- Idaho Statesman - Source of Info: Arizona Rebublic and Idaho Statesman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hopkins disses Roy Jones Jr. and Talks about the Chance of Ring Return...

Hearing Hopkins going back on his word is no shock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

only 700 people? ouch RJJ hasnt fought in that small of a crowd since his pensacola chucky cheese's fight days

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a fall from grace ....... fighting in Boise, Idaho !!!

Still, at least he is being a good American and showing his republican roots by fighting a member of the royal family.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    only 700 people? ouch RJJ hasnt fought in that small of a crowd since his pensacola chucky cheese's fight days
    nice one dude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    I used to live near the Chucky Cheese near the mall there when I was little, that thing was always being robbed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NorthSideX4
    In a recent interview conducted by Dan Rafael of ESPN.com, Rafael catches up with Bernard Hopkins and discusses Hopkins' retirement and what might motivate Hopkins to return. Rafael asked what was the chances of seeing Hopkins come out of retirement and fight again.

Hopkins responded on the subject of retirement: "I'm still not coming back. Besides, no one offered me anything to even think about coming out of retirement to get abused by the media for going back on my word."

Hopkins also added nothing could motivate him to comeback right now. Not even Roy Jones Jr., a man Hopkins has time and time again spoken about fighting. Hopkins dissed Jones Jr. for the choice of his next opponent, Prince Badi Ajamu.

Hopkins tells ESPN: "And who the hell is there to fight? You can't get no better than the last one. I'm not a cruiserweight or a heavyweight. And [fighting a rematch with] Roy Jones? Even if he knocks Badi Ajamu's head off, who the hell is Badi Ajamu? There is nobody out there that can motivate me to fight."

Source of Quotes - Dan Rafael, ESPN.com

well...at least he's not lying.......RJJ is fighting a bum.......
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HOP did not get his chance to avenge his lost bu hu hu.
    At this point, no one cares what the old alley rat does.
    fuk HOP!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pin Galarga
    fuk HOP!
    hater in the house............put down the haterade and step back........B-HOP has nothing more to prove....HOF Bound!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats right Nard, keep forgetting all about the guy in Whales whos been calling you out for half a decade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by raleights
    Thats right Nard, keep forgetting all about the guy in Whales whos been calling you out for half a decade
    ahhhh...knew this post wasn't going to make it without a Joe C comment.....B-HOP created a legacy at Middleweight than went and fulfilled his dream by winning the LTHW title........he wanted the defense record and to follow in the footsteps of his idol.......you cannot fault the man for doing that....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pin Galarga
    fuk HOP!
    Great! Another newbie that can't spell or properly conduct himself on this forum.

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bigragu
    Quote Originally Posted by raleights
    ahhhh...knew this post wasn't going to make it without a Joe C comment.....B-HOP created a legacy at Middleweight than went and fulfilled his dream by winning the LTHW title........he wanted the defense record and to follow in the footsteps of his idol.......you cannot fault the man for doing that....
    CC.

He didn't want to go anywhere other then 160 unless it was for RJJ. And then he wanted to go out on top by attempting to win a title at 175, like his hero Sugar Ray. No problem in that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree, but still when Bernard says there's no fights out there that interest him, you know thats another way of saying at this age I can't beat Joe

Thread Information