Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Serious post by me - am i doing the right thing?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Serious post by me - am i doing the right thing?

depends how old the children are. I would take them to the service but not the actual funeral.
    ORIGINAL MEMBER OF THE DREADED AND MUCH FEARED CIRCLE OF TRUST (CoT)Hidden Content
    Inventor of Who Are You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First thing, condolences to you and your family.

I have three children myself and I would take them. I would just sit in the back for an easy escape (if need be) and it would limit their ability to see what is happening. If you take them to the grave site, again just stay in the back. It limits what they can see, plus if the 4 yr old will probably play with the grass and the bugs. I wouldn't worry about it too much, like some people have already said they are young enough to not remember much about the actual funeral. Besides if the wife is saying to take them you will end up in a huge fight if you don't.

You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tough one when it's his last wish It seems like you by not allowing it are going against the wishes of the deceased - which no one ever wants to do

then again I'm sure he wouldn't want any of the kids being upset by it in the future.

but as has been said above i reckon your kids are young enough no to care what is actually going on - so maybe not such a bad move to let them go

had your eldest been 3 or 4 years older then I think it would have been a big No No

probably haven't helped at all here have I....
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Emma - what would your cousin do?

The answer will then be the opposite of that.

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cheers for all your replies guys clicks all round. What i am going to do is take him (i say him because its the 4 year old boy i'm worried about ,not so much the 7 month old girl) to the church service but sit at the back, if things get a bit heavy or if i dont feel its right we are going to nip out and play eye spy or something as memphis suggested. I am not taking him to the crematorium (he is being cremated) as i don't want him to see and feel that sort of emotion just yet. You're right he may well be bored but he is a sensitive little chap and he wont want to see the people he loves upset including his mummy. Have discussed this with my wife and now she also thinks this is for the best.

After that its booze for me at the wake and he gets to play with all his cousins

Once again folks thanks for the replies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X
    Emma - what would your cousin do?

The answer will then be the opposite of that.

ha ha click to you too mate

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Emma's cousins answer would be "What kids?"

Glad to hear its sorted mate
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Munky
    Cheers for all your replies guys clicks all round. What i am going to do is take him (i say him because its the 4 year old boy i'm worried about ,not so much the 7 month old girl) to the church service but sit at the back, if things get a bit heavy or if i dont feel its right we are going to nip out and play eye spy or something as memphis suggested. I am not taking him to the crematorium (he is being cremated) as i don't want him to see and feel that sort of emotion just yet. You're right he may well be bored but he is a sensitive little chap and he wont want to see the people he loves upset including his mummy. Have discussed this with my wife and now she also thinks this is for the best.

After that its booze for me at the wake and he gets to play with all his cousins

Once again folks thanks for the replies
    Hope it all goes off okay fella (well as well as these things can)
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Thread Information