Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: So you want fast hands ?

Scrap,

Would you be able to explain the head band one a bit?

The way I felt trying it.. it helped me pull my head back, forcing me to keep it in line and forced me keep my balance and have good posture.

But I didnt completely understand the full mechanics of what's going on and how it's helping with hand speed.

As far as the elastic to hands.. I felt balance and posture again, and it forced me to keep my weight towards the back.. Furthermore the accelerated punches being thrown made me focus on my technique and pulling my hands back to the guard position immediately..

I might be missing something there too not sure.. but the headband one has me a bit perplexed.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Speed comes from Oral balance, posture of the Head,Chin down more than 15% alters the noeromuscular system adapting. Throws everything out of balance and slows response. A great way to observe this is watching Sprinters. As regars the Head band it keeps the Head where it should be, the head supporting its self stops the shoulders from tightening and not giving them a response, which doesnt have to be changed saving time and energy.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yea, it seems like sprinters tend to keep there head pretty much straight while sprinting.

I wonder why keeping the chin lower than 15% would throw your body off so much... hmm

I know keeping chin down is no good, because it inhibits your ability to see and breath.

But anyways, thanks for sharing that scrap.. appreciate it!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Muscles that support the neck, support the movement of the shoulders.and punch ing ......Cant do 2 things at once, its Feel again cant be receptive to both at the same time, the muscle that wont, becomes the antagonist
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scrap,

I had one of my friends train with me last night, he was boxing for the first actually second time, because I showed him a few basics before. Yesterday, I noticed that he was leaning forward with his shots, and also shifting his weight forward.... so I made him do the elastic ropes to hand drill for 2 rounds, slowly while he focused on form.

Had him drop them and regularly shadow box, and it worked like a charm

Another issue resolved.. Thanks Scrap!

Thread Information