Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: too young to box; too old to box?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default too young to box; too old to box?

I see threads on here people asking if they are too young to get into boxing like from 12-18. I am 22, and is that too old to get into some serious boxing?

I just started about a month ago at a boxing gym, and sometimes I pay the trainer for a 1 on 1 session at $35 for an hour-half session when I have the extra cash on hand.

You guys think I am just wasting money and should be more realistic towards my wannabe boxing career?

For the Average guy like me at my height 5'7, I am more strong and fast than your average athletic person. I must say, all my years in high school from basketball, to wrestling, soccer, and tennis, I have always maintained outstanding physical performances for my size.

some thoughts on this is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: too young to box; too old to box?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTinx
    I see threads on here people asking if they are too young to get into boxing like from 12-18. I am 22, and is that too old to get into some serious boxing?

I just started about a month ago at a boxing gym, and sometimes I pay the trainer for a 1 on 1 session at $35 for an hour-half session when I have the extra cash on hand.

You guys think I am just wasting money and should be more realistic towards my wannabe boxing career?

For the Average guy like me at my height 5'7, I am more strong and fast than your average athletic person. I must say, all my years in high school from basketball, to wrestling, soccer, and tennis, I have always maintained outstanding physical performances for my size.

some thoughts on this is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
    22 is a good age, sounds like you’re a natural athlete. The earlier the better no doubt, but if you have natural talent it should not be a problem, believe it or not Tennis is a great sport for shaping your hand eye coordination, as is racquetball, handball, and ping pong. If you excel at these sports you should fair better then your average Joe. Inside the boxing ring. 1 Thing I can promise you, is you just think your in shape, there is good athletic shape and there is Boxing shape. Aggressive boxing training will kick your country a**, I have seen basketball players double up like a baby after 3 3 min rounds on the heavy bag. Keep at it and good luck ! 5’7 what’s your weight if you don’t mind me asking ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i was 170 lbs a year ago and then was interested in boxing, so i started dieting right and exercising and now i am 134 lbs. Plan on fighting at around 126-135.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTinx
    i was 170 lbs a year ago and then was interested in boxing, so i started dieting right and exercising and now i am 134 lbs. Plan on fighting at around 126-135.
    that’s about right on ! very good,. Best of luck ! a great refreshing drink take Parsley and water put in a blender ! " Green Drink" lots of oxygen give you good energy !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Parsley blended with WATER?!?!!? Can anyone confirm this! LOL

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Theres plenty of oxygen in water I can confirm
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Thread Information