Green-Lacy talks breakdown!

Wednesday, July 26 2006

Green-Calzaghe back on frontburner

After several days of negotiations between promoters Tony Holden and Gary Shaw, Jeff Lacy rejected Allan Green as his comeback opponent for October 7th. "Gary Shaw and I did everything possible to make this fight happen, we were getting it finalized, then Lacy decided he didn't want to fight Allan" said a disappointed Tony Holden. Four days ago Allan Green demolished former Contender star Anthony Bonsante and called out Jeff Lacy in an interview with ESPN. "To be honest, I expected it" said Allan Green. "Jeff Lacy had been protected his whole career until he fought Calzaghe. We all know what happened when he stepped up. So I guess he will go back to fighting bums again." With Lacy out of the picture Green is now entertaining an offer to face WBO Super-Middleweight Champion Joe Calzaghe in October. "I will take that fight in a second! I have to meet with my promoter first and look at the specifics, but I am all for it," said Green. Green (21-0), is one of boxing's top prospects after scoring the SHOWTIME knockout of the year against Jaidon Codrington and has reeled off four consectuive knockout victories.

Brought to you by Fightnews.com

Green has looked Impressive against weak competition,Got TKO'D against a no namer Donnie McCrary, but took advantage of Homecookin in his back yard,is calling Lacy out and telling everyone he has been protected......Please Green,Lacy is a top flight Super Middle Chasing fights against Tarver and your bitching....Green has worse defense than Lacy and go's Backwards standing upright with his chin out and a weak one at that ...I think Lacy would have no problem finding a home for that hammer of a left hook on Grandmas china closet

Calzaghe as Green's next opponent? Joe would hand Green his ass and would do nothing to further Joe's career...Calzaghe is at the stage were he should be taking big name fights and big paydays only.....Green would do nothing to further Calzaghe's career or cement his Legacy