Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd Mayweather on Friday's Quite Frankly

http://www.boxinginsider.com/news/stories/156046003.php

"Floyd Mayweather To Appear on Friday's Quite Frankly
    By Scoop Malinowski

Boxing great Floyd Mayweather was in New York City this week to tape an appearance on espn2's Quite Frankly with Stephen A. Smith which will be televised on Friday July 28 at 11 pm. EST.

Mayweather will discuss many issues with Smith such as the fight he wants most of all, why he had to cut loose promoter Bob Arum and much more."

.................................................. .......................................

Just letting you guys know that Floyd will appear today on Quite Frankly... Hopefully he will anounce his opponent... im hoping Spinks Or Tony!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather on Friday's Quite Frankly

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken
    http://www.boxinginsider.com/news/stories/156046003.php

"Floyd Mayweather To Appear on Friday's Quite Frankly
    By Scoop Malinowski

Boxing great Floyd Mayweather was in New York City this week to tape an appearance on espn2's Quite Frankly with Stephen A. Smith which will be televised on Friday July 28 at 11 pm. EST.

Mayweather will discuss many issues with Smith such as the fight he wants most of all, why he had to cut loose promoter Bob Arum and much more."

.................................................. .......................................

Just letting you guys know that Floyd will appear today on Quite Frankly... Hopefully he will anounce his opponent... im hoping Spinks Or Tony!

I really don't care for the Spinks fight but I would love the Tony fight, why move up to 154 to fight that guy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really really really really want it to be Tony but I think,actutally,I am pretty confident that it will be Baldozar.Spinks is NOT a ppv fight and it would prove nothing in my humble opinion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Showtime fights start at 11 so I will have to miss this one...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    I really really really really want it to be Tony but I think,actutally,I am pretty confident that it will be Baldozar.Spinks is NOT a ppv fight and it would prove nothing in my humble opinion.
    Yeah but if he moves up and fights Spinks and wins then he has won titles in 5 different weight class's and pretty much secured his legacty in the hall of fame. I bet it is going to be spinks even though thats not my pick either, I would love to see him fight Tony first then Oscar and then Hatton or Cotto. Man the wealter division is just stacked with good fighters.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah but that's the thing bro,had Karmazin won,Floyd would not have fought him,Floyd wouldn't fight Rivera so it's a case of fighting the wekest champ isn't it? I personally couldn't care less about the multiple weight thing,he hasn't unified and at times,not even fought the best fighter in the division.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah but that's the thing bro,had Karmazin won,Floyd would not have fought him,Floyd wouldn't fight Rivera so it's a case of fighting the wekest champ isn't it? I personally couldn't care less about the multiple weight thing,he hasn't unified and at times,not even fought the best fighter in the division.
    I totally agree with you man I want him to fight the best as well like Tony but I just really think hes going go after Spinks win that title because he knows he can win fairly easily so then he's still lined up for Oscar next year. I know if he did fight Tony he would shut allot of people up that are saying hes ducking him. I would bet that after his next fight and then after Delahoya he will Tony well I hope anyway.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I read on boxingtalk that Arum was saying two days ago that the offer to Floyd was off the table and he was setting up a fight for Tony in december. Though it was against an "unnamed opponent" and i suppose he'd abandon that plan pretty quickly if floyd changed his mind.

I'm not sure spinks would be that easy a fight though. Zab wasn't an easy fight until the later rounds and I imagine spinks would go the same way--he's fast and slick just like Zab (though I guess with less power), and fades in the later rounds too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well i guess its your opinion, but in my humble opinion like stated above he would be the first boxer to ever become 5 weight division champ.. ever! and yes Future Hall of Fame ofcourse. So Floyd Jr Goes on to make history and then Schedules a Unification bout with Oscar for a huge $$$$$ Pay Day. Im pretty damn sure this is what Floyd is thinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he wouldnt be the first to become a 5 division champ.. dlh already accomplished that and in fact calls himself a 6 division champ counting the belt he took from sturm. i hope floyd does not move up to 154 so soon.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken
    Well i guess its your opinion, but in my humble opinion like stated above he would be the first boxer to ever become 5 weight division champ.. ever! and yes Future Hall of Fame ofcourse. So Floyd Jr Goes on to make history and then Schedules a Unification bout with Oscar for a huge $$$$$ Pay Day. Im pretty damn sure this is what Floyd is thinking.

De La Hoya 6 weight world champ,
    Sugar Ray Leonard 5 weight world champ
    Thomas Hearns 5 weight world champ (6 if you count wbu :P)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know but I think he's going to win the title in the 5th division then after that, thats when he's gonna start taking all the big fights that people have been talking about(DLH, Tony, Shane). Maybe even tarnish his record. I just think he wants to put his interests before the fans. Get into the history books then start his wars. Which I think is a pretty good plan, a smart plan.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker
    I don't know but I think he's going to win the title in the 5th division then after that, thats when he's gonna start taking all the big fights that people have been talking about(DLH, Tony, Shane). Maybe even tarnish his record. I just think he wants to put his interests before the fans. Get into the history books then start his wars. Which I think is a pretty good plan, a smart plan.
    Agreed.

Thread Information