User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what if calzaghe vs benn calzaghe vs eubank prime calzaghe vs collins

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default what if calzaghe vs benn calzaghe vs eubank prime calzaghe vs collins

and also calzaghe vs herol graham but couldnt fit it on the topic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: what if calzaghe vs benn calzaghe vs eubank prime calzaghe vs collins

The Calzaghe who beat Lacy would of beaten all of them IMO...

Calzaghe would of dismantled Benn slowly on the Lacy form and won by late TKO.

Calzaghe would of had a more uncomfortable time dealing with Eubank, but his better work rate gains him an Unanimous decision by 7 rounds to 5.

Collins would be very competitive with Joe early, but eventually Calzaghe's classier skills would of seen him though to an Unanimous decision, roughly 8 rounds to 4.

Graham would undoubtedly make Calzaghe look stupid in parts, but Joe hit a lot harder and Graham's chin was only OK at Middleweight, and this bout is at Super Middle. Calzaghe WU by 8 rounds to 4...

Do not want disrespect the era of British (Super) Middles from 87 to 95, it was the best modern era(post 1960), British boxing has ever seen quality wise, but Joe has shown he is a very special British fighter, and that we should appreciate his talent while it is still here, because a bad back, a bad hand and age, will sooner or later end Calzaghe's prime.

ICB Guest

Default Re: what if calzaghe vs benn calzaghe vs eubank prime calzaghe vs collins

i agree bk i think calzaghe has something special and i think graham would be hes hardest fight out of them lot.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he would of beat all of them too

Calzaghe is hugely underrated.... which is most probably his own fault.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

ICB Guest

yes it is a shame i really hope he fights few top american fighters before he retires

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

...psoted this before on a thread about Steve Collins

What Collins lacked in skill and natural ability he made up for with guts, work rate and strategy. I think he was fortunate to be peaking around the same time as his rivals were on the slide. He is known as the guy that twice beat Eubank and Benn, but I think this gives a far inflated idea of his place in the nineties mix of Super Middles.

I give him great credit for out thinking, out working and out muscling Eubank, and although Chris was past his best, he was not over the hill by any stretch and still had a lot to offer. I suspect that any time after 91 a Prime Collins would have don the the same to Eubank, not cause I think he is a better fighter, cause I don't, I just think that he would always have to high of a work rate for post Watson Eubank!

Benn however was shot to bits, when he fought Collins and in fairness was shot to bits from the minute the McClelland fight ended - I think Collins would always have taken Benn's power at any time, so prime for prime it's a pick em. I'd lean towards Benn, if he boxed how he did circa 92-94 rather than sluggin it out!!

I would pick Calzaghe to beat all 3 of them at any time and I have said that for years!!!! A 1990 Eubank would've been the biggest test for Calzghe in my opinion.

So to rank them all I would say:

1.) 2006 Joe Calzaghe
    2.) 1990 Chris Eubank
    3.) 1994 Nigel Benn
    4.) 1995 Steve Collins
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe definately would of found Benn's dodgy jaw, would of been far too busy for any version of Eubank, and much too sharp for Collins.

Benn has the best shot of taking Calzaghe, without doubt. Benn could take you out on his way down from being taken out himself! You could never write off Benn against anybody, that's why everybody is pissed that the Benn/Jones Jr fight didn't happen because if Benn landed something it would of been Goodnight Roy! Benn against Tommy Hearns in 1990/91 would of been great too - somebody's going down (or maybe both going down! you just don't know with Benn)..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some people feel Watson would of beaten Calzaghe, I don't think so. Watson was stiff and awkward, quite an accurate puncher and some cool countering. That peek-a-boo defence in the Benn fight was masterful the way he'd open his gloves and cup both sides of his forehead. However, Joe has the speed of hand and accuracy of hand to land right jabs and left uppercuts through that guard.

If Watson boxed his natural fight (from '84 to '87) of carrying his left arm low, moving around the ring a lot, flicking out jabs and looking for jolting counters he'd of been completely out-worked. If Mike fought like he did when ripping through the American opposition in '88 - digging his feet more with more upper body movement, left arm held across his chest and often overly using lead rights - then Joe's footwork would of been key, drawing Watson in and landing fast, two-handed winging punches for an early or mid-rounds stoppage.

If Watson just stood in front of him, like he did in the McCallum fight and first Eubank fight, he'd of been target practice for Calzaghe. If he pressed him non-stop like he did in the second Eubank fight, Joe picks him off with fast combinations (alnight if he has to), soon bloodying Watson's nose.

Watson was always quite awkward, always dipped in low with those elbows to take the sting off of bodyshots well, but he couldn't of done much with Calzaghe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Graham that fought Brewer against the Calzaghe that fought Brewer? That is interesting, but Joe gets to him in the end..

ICB Guest

i think calzaghe vs herol graham would be close fight prolly md win for calzaghe.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bomber was awesome, but a 168 pound JC would KO him
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My dick's hard. I want to see these fantasy fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    and also calzaghe vs herol graham but couldnt fit it on the topic
    Not sure about herol graham but Steve Collins was not clever anuff and
    Nigel Benn would of got stopped for sure,but a Eubank fight would of been close but calzaghe would win it on points.

One man may of beat calzaghe if fate was kinder and thats M.Waston

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i believe calzaghe would have beat benn badly, unless he started trading with benn. he would have raped collins.

BUT AGAINST EUBANK, NOW ITS A DIFFERENT STORY....A PRIME EUBANK WOULD HAVE BEATEN CALZAGHE....look what a washed up, eubank with 2 injured knees and one that took the fight on 9 days notice did to joe....he almost ko'd him in the final round. close one too....what would a prime eubank have done...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

collins is the only 1 who would of beat jc

Thread Information