Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh Dear, Someone has called Margarito's bluff....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oh Dear, Someone has called Margarito's bluff....

I would never trust any promoter but to say that the 4 million was never offered by Arum and yet defend Winky/Oscars measley offer to Margarito means that you cant accept reality.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by maracho
    I would never trust any promoter but to say that the 4 million was never offered by Arum and yet defend Winky/Oscars measley offer to Margarito means that you cant accept reality.
    Oscar's offer was still more than Margarito had ever made in his career. Yet, his overrated ass still turned it down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't say that. I said that Arum offered Winky 8 mil.. Wink said get him more money, he offers 8 million to Floyd and Floyd turns it down, so you're telling me Arum couldn't have offered 8 million to Winky Wright Whenever someone calls Margarito's bluff he says "talk to Arum" and Arum makes sure that the fight doesn;'t happen and throws Margarito in with a bum and then say people are ducking him which is why he is fighting the bum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Oscar's offer was still more than Margarito had ever made in his career. Yet, his overrated a** still turned it down
    Neither your statement nor Winky's offer make any sence because Winky ruined the opportunity for both fighters to make more than they ever have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    I didn't say that. I said that Arum offered Winky 8 mil.. Wink said get him more money, he offers 8 million to Floyd and Floyd turns it down, so you're telling me Arum couldn't have offered 8 million to Winky Wright Whenever someone calls Margarito's bluff he says "talk to Arum" and Arum makes sure that the fight doesn;'t happen and throws Margarito in with a bum and then say people are ducking him which is why he is fighting the bum
    Why would Winky need more than 8 million to fight Margarito when he only made like 3 million to fight Taylor?

Provide some evidence when quoting people too.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito won't fight Wright, he seems only intent on getting a big money fight with DLH, but he must realize to DLH he is only a small fish. Margarito needs to fight & beat some top guys i.e. Collazo, Quintana, Smith. Then maybe he would be an atttractive fight for DLH. At the moment it ain't worth DLH's time
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy76
    Margarito won't fight Wright, he seems only intent on getting a big money fight with DLH, but he must realize to DLH he is only a small fish. Margarito needs to fight & beat some top guys i.e. Collazo, Quintana, Smith. Then maybe he would be an atttractive fight for DLH. At the moment it ain't worth DLH's time
    Actually Margarito is after PBF and Quntana right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Why would Winky need more than 8 million to fight Margarito when he only made like 3 million to fight Taylor?

Provide some evidence when quoting people too.
    Here, straight from fightnews, a Margarito response to when Rivera called his bluff

WBO welterweight champion Antonio Margaritio has responded to the call out of WBA junior middleweight champion Jose Rivera:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I won't take anything away from you. I won't question who you've beat to win your titles, or why you still have to work a full time job time when you are a three time world champion. I won't question any of your credentials, but it seems like you're very insecure of your status in boxing. I know who you are, where you're from. There's no need for the bio.....I accept your challenge the same way I accepted Cory Spinks' challenge," writes Margarito, "but I'm also going to tell you the same thing I told Spinks, 'You need to speak to your promoter and have him call mine.' It's that simple, have Don call Bob. If this fight does not materialize, you need to know it was because your promoter did not make the phone call. If he doesn't make the phone call, you should thank him for helping you to keep your title a little longer."
    --Antonio Margarito, The Most Feared Man In Boxing

Same ole bullshit "speak to my promoter" nonsense, he knows Bob wouldn't let him fight Rivera

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No kidding, but he was offered a fight with Wright. If he fights Quintana I'll be impressed. But he don't wanna fight some good & he ain't getting Floyd... hey what about Cosme Rivera theres a big name!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To people who say he's overated, he hasn't even had a chance to prove himself against the elite, don't tell me about he doesn't deserve his shot cos of the way he fauight against Santos because Floyd wasn't exactly convincing against Castillo was he?
    All I'm saying is that you can say Margarito is overated when he is beaten by at least a B+ fighter, personally if he can't get a Mosely/Mayweather/Hatton/Winky then I'd love to see him fight Kassim Ouma. That would be a terrific fioght because Kassim could very conceivably box him for 12 rounds straight, but also has a slight vunerability in his chin, thus giving us a Bull vs Matador style fight which I love to watch, very ala Sam Peter vs Wlad but without the height difference.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    To people who say he's overated, he hasn't even had a chance to prove himself against the elite, don't tell me about he doesn't deserve his shot cos of the way he fauight against Santos because Floyd wasn't exactly convincing against Castillo was he?
    All I'm saying is that you can say Margarito is overated when he is beaten by at least a B+ fighter, personally if he can't get a Mosely/Mayweather/Hatton/Winky then I'd love to see him fight Kassim Ouma. That would be a terrific fioght because Kassim could very conceivably box him for 12 rounds straight, but also has a slight vunerability in his chin, thus giving us a Bull vs Matador style fight which I love to watch, very ala Sam Peter vs Wlad but without the height difference.
    I don't wanna speak for others but what I'm trying to say is Margarito talks all this talk about no one wanting to fight him, but instead of trying to secure a fight with someone with some credit like Ouma he goes out & signs to fight a Cosme Rivera. Not the sort of thing you do if your trying to prove how feared you are. Fight someone the fans wanna see you fight or at least someone the fans will give him respect for!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its all very well saying that they only got a meger offer to fight Winky, but that is the way of the fight gain, you have to pay your dues. This "meger" offer will still be the best pay day of his career, and certainly more than he would be getting for his next fight. Surely both he and Arum can see that by beating Winky they will then get the keys to the treasure chest. The only justification that explains all the facts is that they arn't that confident about beating Winky,and realize that by loosing that fight there will be no more big fights.
    If they realize that the hype is actually better than the fight himself, then he will loose against top opposition, and it would only make sense to get the biggest payday out there possible.
    They say that Margarito came up the hard way and all he needs is a chance, well the chance is there and he's saying they arn't offering me enough money.
    Money is made at the top, not on your way up!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why would PBF fight Margarito now? Margarito himself would like to fight ODH for the payday, and nobody can argue that he deserves a shot ahead of PBF. ODH is the golden goose, and he only maybe has a couple of fights in him. It makes total sense for PBF to be after him and not want Margarito.
    Remember boxing promoters arn't always the most truthful of people, and just because they say so doesn't actually mean that is what happened

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To whoever said Tony has signed to fight Cosme Rivera....errr,that fight has yet to be made and it is a mandatory although I hope he does not take it. It looks like Tony will be fighting Clottey which would be another dangerous match as Clottey was beating the current "man" Baldomir easily until he was DQed.
    And to whoever said you pay your dues,I suggest you go and check your history about Margarito,pro since 15,faced everyone he can etc etc,that's paying your dues.

Excellent points CC. The only thing I disagree with is going up to 154,all the big fights are at 147 and I'd prefer him to stay there and fight dangermen like Collazo,Quintana etc etc. He is headlining December 2 with Cotto so that's a chance for Tony to gain even more exposure.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    To whoever said Tony has signed to fight Cosme Rivera....errr,that fight has yet to be made and it is a mandatory although I hope he does not take it. It looks like Tony will be fighting Clottey which would be another dangerous match as Clottey was beating the current "man" Baldomir easily until he was DQed.
    And to whoever said you pay your dues,I suggest you go and check your history about Margarito,pro since 15,faced everyone he can etc etc,that's paying your dues.

Excellent points CC. The only thing I disagree with is going up to 154,all the big fights are at 147 and I'd prefer him to stay there and fight dangermen like Collazo,Quintana etc etc. He is headlining December 2 with Cotto so that's a chance for Tony to gain even more exposure.
    I said Margarito had signed to fight Rivera... sorry was meaning talked about fighting Rivera, who gives a sh*t if he's a mandatory, belts don't mean shit. Should have fought Wright & tried to walk the walk, not just talk the talk.

Thread Information