Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default LARRY MERCHANT?

Love him or hate him, ya gotta give Larry his props for calling it like he see's it, when he was interveiwing Forrest just after Forrest's GIFT decision, old Vern was thanking this one and that one when Merchant dropped , " YOU OUGHT TO THANK THE OFFICALS"!!!!. I almost fell over, Larry's the best, he say's what everybody else is thinking, but are afraid to say. It wouldn't be the same without Larry on HBO boxing telecasts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: LARRY MERCHANT?

Larry is the man

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sometimes he walks that "racial" tightrope, and sometimes he seems absorbed by the magnitude of his next sentence, but he IS refreshingly candid.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i liked when quartey called him lou

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol i didnt see the quartey forrest match but yeh i get your meaning merchant rocks, he has such balls to say exactly what he thinks to the baddest men out there and yet hes just a short old man , i mean hes like a raisen. Merchant <3 lol
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    i liked when quartey called him lou
    I think he called him "dude"

he said "I don't know dude"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember when he basically told George Foreman to stop whining after the De La Hoya Vs Mosley winner was announced, he will bite his tongue for no one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was really cool from Larry but i still dont like him, and I think Ike called boob.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

how can you not like him, hes just ace, and he does a good job aswell as bein funny.
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL.. you got that right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by atomic bull
    Love him or hate him, ya gotta give Larry his props for calling it like he see's it, when he was interveiwing Forrest just after Forrest's GIFT decision, old Vern was thanking this one and that one when Merchant dropped , " YOU OUGHT TO THANK THE OFFICALS"!!!!. I almost fell over, Larry's the best, he say's what everybody else is thinking, but are afraid to say. It wouldn't be the same without Larry on HBO boxing telecasts.
    Larry is a banana... The guy is incapable of answering a yes or no question... He gets way to involved in "Larry Thinking" Some of the $hit he says is so off the wal ya gotta laugh... He has pissed me off on numerous occasions but yeah... wouldnt be the same without him
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by "PRIDE OF PROVIDENCE"
    Larry is a banana... The guy is incapable of answering a yes or no question... He gets way to involved in "Larry Thinking" Some of the $hit he says is so off the wal ya gotta laugh... He has pissed me off on numerous occasions but yeah... wouldnt be the same without him
    LOL you got that right !cc

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed, I don't like him. He is a bitter old snob who doesn't realize he has a great job. But his drunken rants are amusing at times and he is a bold sucker.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Agreed, I don't like him. He is a bitter old snob who doesn't realize he has a great job. But his drunken rants are amusing at times and he is a bold sucker.
    what you say as true, but i just cant not like the man, i wouldnt say hes a snob though!
    did anyone see the time he offended julio cezar chavez? oh it was ace! right after he lost to de la hoya! im sure you could find it on you tube if you looked! peace.
    Immortal Technique

ICB Guest

http://youtube.com/watch?v=h4bkE6XFjfA is this what u was looking for ??

Thread Information