0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd Mayweather Jr's Next Fight Announcement

Floyd Mayweather Jr's Next Fight Announcement
    DHB (Aug 8, 2006) Photo © German Villasenor
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David Mayo reporting for The Grand Rapids Press is reporting that Floyd Mayweather Jr is set to announce his next fight. The report indicated that apparently there are two fighter it could be. It will be either Carlos Baldomir or Cory Spinks that Mayweather will be facing.

Mayweather's advisor Leonard Ellerbe is quoted by The Grand Rapids Press saying: "We'll have an announcement this week ... on a major pay-per-view event for Nov. 4, just like we've said all along. Some people may
    think we've lost momentum, or that we're running out of choices, but that couldn't be further from the truth."

Ellerbe added: "Every fight Floyd fights is a big fight. That generates a lot of speculation, some warranted, some not warranted. But the truth remains that everybody in the world wants to fight Floyd Mayweather, and they'll all get their turn."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr's Next Fight Announcement

damnit its about time he announces who?? so what yall think? Cory or Baldo? im fine with either but id kinda wanna see Cory more so PBF can claim another weight class title and start to get use to the additional weight for the big OSCAR showdown!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    damnit its about time he announces who?? so what yall think? Cory or Baldo? im fine with either but id kinda wanna see Cory more so PBF can claim another weight class title and start to get use to the additional weight for the big OSCAR showdown!

cc for the news, I actually would rather see Baldo for the exact opposite reason. PBF doesn't need to be in such a rush, he left 140 quick, I don't want to see him do the same thing with 147. Not that I wouldn't like to see an Oscar fight but who knows if it will happen even if he goes up to 154.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P

cc for the news, I actually would rather see Baldo for the exact opposite reason. PBF doesn't need to be in such a rush, he left 140 quick, I don't want to see him do the same thing with 147. Not that I wouldn't like to see an Oscar fight but who knows if it will happen even if he goes up to 154.
    agreed. i'd like to see him stay at 147, beat baldo, then fight mosely at 147 before going to 154 for ODH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

COOL CLICK back oumafan bro! yeah like i said id be happy with either. id just want pbf to get used to the weight thats all he can always come back down to fight baldo and unify. but id imagine its easier to go up and prepare for the added weight then to come down and then go back down and then back up to fight the biggest fight of your life and probably for the last 20years or so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To me its 6 to 1 1/2 dozen the other....I think Baldo woud be the tougher fight..I think Floyd is to fast for Cory and will have better stamina depending on how Floyd handles the weight....He hasnt had a problem yet but 154 maybe pushing it Who Knows I think Floyd has a legitimate chance at moving up and spanking Cory

Baldomir would be like fighting a statue but can Floyd hurt him I think he stays Focused and cruises his way to a UD victory...

Either way it's gonna be good for us Mayweather fans

El Kabong Guest

Just fight Baldomir or Margarito...if you beat the people that the fans want to see you fight then you're good as gold if you don't bother to fight them you are ducking them.

It might not always be true but it's perception of the fans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Just fight Baldomir or Margarito...if you beat the people that the fans want to see you fight then you're good as gold if you don't bother to fight them you are ducking them.
    Agreed...but not on Margartio.

Baldo deserves the shot more than Margartio does & there is more to gain with Baldomir.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    It might not always be true but it's perception of the fans
    Agreed again...but it aint my perception.

Arum's a manipulator of the truth...just as King is...Margarito has not proven to be that which he claims & he sure as hell isn't going to generate the cash that a Baldo fight would.

Lyle...good points.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why Baldomir ??

1. alot of people think that margarito is better than mayweather so a win over baldo still would put doubts over wether or not he could beat everyone at 147

2. Baldo beat gatti,who PBF dealt with so easily and he had trouble.

The only reson this fight is worth anything is that pbf wins a title, beats a big name (biggish) and so hre gets to duck antonio 4 a lil' bit longer.....btw i do believe floyd would beat baldomir and margarito

and CORY SPINKS

read 1 but change Baldo to Spinks

and zab judah beat spinks and pbf beat zab....pointless or what

PBF

FIGHT HATTON OR MARGARITO OR EVEN ODLH.....NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't I hear this same report 3 weeks ago? I'll beleive it when I see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thanks for the news man thats brilliant, thanks for the update!! cc for your findings!!

i say baldo baby!! fight baldo
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Shaw
    Why Baldomir ??

1. alot of people think that margarito is better than mayweather so a win over baldo still would put doubts over wether or not he could beat everyone at 147

2. Baldo beat gatti,who PBF dealt with so easily and he had trouble.

The only reson this fight is worth anything is that pbf wins a title, beats a big name (biggish) and so hre gets to duck antonio 4 a lil' bit longer.....btw i do believe floyd would beat baldomir and margarito

and CORY SPINKS

read 1 but change Baldo to Spinks

and zab judah beat spinks and pbf beat zab....pointless or what

PBF

FIGHT HATTON OR MARGARITO OR EVEN ODLH.....NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congratulations to you on being one of the VERY few who still think floyd is ducking margarito, now that the truth is out on all the fights tonys been ducking along with bob arum's shananagans
    seriously though, spinks would be a world championship fight at 154 (making floyd the first in history to capture world titles in 5 different weight classes)

or option b.................baldomir
    fighting baldomir makes floyd the man at 147, not to mention that baldomir is WAAAAAAY more deserving than margarito
    maybe margarito should go avenge his somewhat recent loss to the great daniel santos, or even fight a ranked fighter (for once) before he starts thinking he deserves a shot with the #1 p4p fighter on the planet

and dont forget, spinks and judah are 1 and 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by body head banger
    thanks for the news man thats brilliant, thanks for the update!! cc for your findings!!

i say baldo baby!! fight baldo
    That is his listed opponent on this site anyway.....PBF-Baldomir....This is going to be a good one!!!
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Since when has PBF fought those that are deserving? Thats why most people in this thread have weak points...What did Corley do to get a shot? Gatti? Mitchell?Heck please someone tell me what are Zab Judahs biggest wins?? I could go on forever so saying Margarito is not "deserving" is a weak weak point as I have illustrated.

My dream would be a Margarito announcement...I know it won't and we all know why.

I wouldn't mind a Baldo

Spinks would suck big time....Spinks has fought once in nearly 2 years,barely beat Karmazin and should be giving Karmazin a rematch. I don't think it will be Corey because I saw on another site both Corey and his trainer dissing Floyd for NOT fighting Corey so i'm not sure.

Frozensolid,weak points,I think you'll find quite a few fighters Tony fought were ranked(heck even Lujan was number 10 RING magazine) and Margarito is NOT number 2 in ESPN and Rings top WW for no reason......

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Exactly,we are going in 1 big circle....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    Since when has PBF fought those that are deserving? Thats why most people in this thread have weak points...What did Corley do to get a shot? Gatti? Mitchell?Heck please someone tell me what are Zab Judahs biggest wins?? I could go on forever so saying Margarito is not "deserving" is a weak weak point as I have illustrated.

My dream would be a Margarito announcement...I know it won't and we all know why.

I wouldn't mind a Baldo

Spinks would suck big time....Spinks has fought once in nearly 2 years,barely beat Karmazin and should be giving Karmazin a rematch. I don't think it will be Corey because I saw on another site both Corey and his trainer dissing Floyd for NOT fighting Corey so i'm not sure.

Frozensolid,weak points,I think you'll find quite a few fighters Tony fought were ranked(heck even Lujan was number 10 RING magazine) and Margarito is NOT number 2 in ESPN and Rings top WW for no reason......

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Exactly,we are going in 1 big circle....

margarito is less deserving than baldomir or spinks for obvious reasons that you feel are weak.
    i would love to see floyd fight margarito, but only if he gets his 154 title shot by feb 23 of 07, and in the mean time (assuming it isnt spinks) even you have to admit that floyd vs. baldomir makes much more sense cuz if floyd jumps up, then he was never the man at 147

and judah, gatti, mitchell, and baldomir are all more deserving than margarito if you look at their level of competition (gatti was at the time)

and finally the reason that margarito is ranked as high as he is, is because he has the wbo belt (the 4th belt)

Thread Information