Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toney and Peter in telephone war!! Hillarious!!! I hope Peter whoops him!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Toney and Peter in telephone war!! Hillarious!!! I hope Peter whoops him!

Toney and Peter in telephone war

http://www.secondsout.com/USA/news.cfm?ccs=229&cs=20087

By Paul Upham: A media telephone conference call on Tuesday featuring heavyweights James Toney and Samuel Peter turned into a verbal war as both men traded insults down the phone line. In what now promises to be one of the most fiery battles of the year so far, the two will meet on September 2 in a WBC title eliminator at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, USA on Showtime Championship Boxing

After a peaceful beginning to the conference call, 25 year-old Peter 26-1 (22) quickly enraged 37 year-old Toney 69-4-3 (43) when stating his plan of attack.

"I'm going to walk through him," said Peter, bluntly.

"Oh, I like that," replied Toney. "Keep your promise!"

"James Toney is a good fighter," continued Peter, "but I'm going to walk through him. You are not going to stop me. I saw a lot of things that (Hasim) Rahman was not able to do as a heavyweight. But for me. I will really go to war on his body."

When SecondsOut Radio's Eddie Goldman asked both men for predictions, James Toney quickly jumped in with a reply.

"I'm going to knock him out," declared Toney, as Peter laughed heartily. "I'm knocking him out. I'm knocking him out. You are getting knocked out. I promise you."

Peter: You're dreaming

Toney: Speak English.

Peter: You are American and you can't even talk.

Toney: You are a slave.

Peter: You are a slave already.

Toney: You have got a little Russian behind you and I am going to kick your asses.

Peter: You are a slave already. I am from Africa.

Toney: Yeah, you are from Africa.

Peter: You don't even know where you are from. I'm from Nigeria.

Toney: You are from Nigeria? I'm going to send your ass back on a banana boat punk!

Peter: Where are you from? You are a black man, you come from Africa and you call me a slave? You look like a slave.

Toney: I come from my momma. You ain't even got a momma.

Peter: Yeah, yeah, yeah. We don't talk about momma's now. Learn to respect your mom. Talk about ourselves. Talk about yourself. Don't talk about your momma.

Toney: You are a punk bitch. That's all you is.

Things cooled momentarily as SecondsOut's Tim Smith asked Toney what his major advantage was going into the fight with Peter, but it quickly deteriorated into an, at times, inaudible yelling match once again.

Toney: All the guys he fought were paid to lay down. You know that. Weak opponents. Weak ass opponents. I have fought the best fighters in the world in five different weight classes. I have fought the best. For me, there is no damn strategy. There is just me being me. Forget about all the dog shit he is talking about.

Peter: Stop talking history. That was history.

Toney: I'll beat your ass. I'll tell you that.

Peter: Stop talking history. You are done. You are done. You are the past. I am the present.

Toney: You are talking all this shit.

Peter: I talk shit? You talk shit. You don't worry me. I am going to be the next heavyweight champion of the world.

Toney: Shut up! Shut up!

Peter: You can't tell me to shut up. You can't even speak English.

Toney: You are a telephone talk bitch. You are a telephone talk bitch. That all you is.

Smith then asked Peter what his biggest advantage is going into this fight with Toney.

Peter: I'm going to knock Toney out no matter what.

Toney: Put a bet on like I said.

Peter: Shut up when I am talking.

Toney: No. Why? You ain't nobody.

Toney: Make me shut up, fool.

Peter: Be quiet when the champ is talking.

When moderator John Beyrooty asked for another question from the media, Toney replied, "No more questions. I'm going to train. He made me mad."

"Sit down and talk," said Peter.

"Shut up," replied Toney. "You are going to see me in a couple of weeks, so don't worry about it. You are a telephone talk bit, that's all you is. I own you!"

Paul Upham
    Contributing Editor

That my friends was heeeeeeeeeeeeee-llarious!!! While it's highly unlikely, I hope Peter whoops him!
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Toney and Peter in telephone war!! Hillarious!!! I hope Peter whoops him!

I admire Toney for his skills and accomplishments in the ring but why does he have to get into this shit with every fighter he goes against...Like hes 15 at the playground or somethng....I am not a fan of either but I hope Peter gives him a mouthfull of his own teeth....
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Toney and Peter in telephone war!! Hillarious!!! I hope Peter whoops him!

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    I admire Toney for his skills and accomplishments in the ring but why does he have to get into this S*** with every fighter he goes against...Like hes 15 at the playground or somethng....I am not a fan of either but I hope Peter gives him a mouthfull of his own teeth....
    Agreed.

This is yet another example of why I loathe JFAT.

He's a complete idiot. I'd compare him to a fat Zab Judah...but worse.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Toneys off his rocker

I think he's a brilliant fighter but if anyone in the world deserves to be knocked out its him.

He'll probably humiliate Peter but at least if he does get caught he'll know about it, or hopefully not
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Toney does indeed seem to be off of his nut....to be honest Peter won that exchange...

El Kabong Guest

Sam Peter is right, James Toney doesn't know propper english and he's from the US.

As for the slave comment I think that was a bit much, but I can't get on Toney for it I've seen NAACP members do about the same thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Toney does indeed seem to be off of his nut....to be honest Peter won that exchange...
    Agreed 100% there.

I loved it...Peter put him in his place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the slave comments were just fuckin priceless, mastercard can't buy that stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Priceless..."Be quiet when the champ is talking."

You know that pissed JFAT off the most.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Agreed 100% there.

I loved it...Peter put him in his place.

Click right back Mr Wacko!

Its a hilarious transcript. Ive never heard Toney so outclassed and for it to be done by a guy who is apparently lacking in spontaneous interview quote material, like Peter, then it makes it all the more funny...

Great comedy!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC for that wacko That was the funniest sh*t I've read in a long time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really hope Peter wins this fight. Is this PPV, btw?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest, Toney always comes across as a bit of an arse, but in this one he takes the biscuit. And he has a go at Peter's English, when his is quite clearly a flaming disgrace. Peter is growing on me now as a talker, i didn't follow him too much in the build-up to the Rahman fight, but i'll be keeping an eye on him in this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Africans, traditionally, have no chip on their shoulder(s) like African-Americans. I have seen this on a much higher intellectual level on the university level; this was a minor lesson in cultural warfare. Lastly, I am for Samuel Peter, one of the most exciting heavyweight fighters before the public. Your
    "momma." LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wacko for once we agree. This shat was fukin hilarious. I wish there was audio, though I doubt we could understand half of what mumbling Toney and accent thick Peter were actually saying. I like both guys, but James is talking some mad shat. "Shut up when I am talking" THAT Is a fuckin classic. The whole argument reminds me of some posters on this forum!
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information