Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tommy Gallagher doesn't know a damn thing about boxing!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tommy Gallagher doesn't know a damn thing about boxing!

This old poser cracks me up. He's a moron. He may have the look and the voice of a real old school trainer but not the knowledge. B4 the contender show I had never even heard of the sucker. His comments are just so off the wall and stupid, I think like Mike Tyson, he just says stupid shat to get a reaction. On a talk show a while back I remember him bein asked what he thought of a prime George Foreman and he responded like a know it all "Not too much...". Tonight on FNF he went on to say that he and Brian Mckinny were higher class fighters than James Toney! After that he goes on to state that he didn't see what the big deal about Forrest vs Quartey was, saying he though Forrest won the fight EASY. God this guy is a freakin Loon!
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tommy Gallagher doesn't know a damn thing about boxing!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    This old poser cracks me up. He's a moron. He may have the look and the voice of a real old school trainer but not the knowledge. B4 the contender show I had never even heard of the sucker. His comments are just so off the wall and stupid, I think like Mike Tyson, he just says stupid shat to get a reaction. On a talk show a while back I remember him bein asked what he thought of a prime George Foreman and he responded like a know it all "Not too much...". Tonight on FNF he went on to say that he and Brian Mckinny were higher class fighters than James Toney! After that he goes on to state that he didn't see what the big deal about Forrest vs Quartey was, saying he though Forrest won the fight EASY. God this guy is a freakin Loon!
    I agree. He is shit, ever since seeing him on the contender ive always said to people the guy knows jack shit about boxing.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah he made me laugh in the first episode of the Contender last year he said of Ahmmed Kuddour, "This kid could mix it with the De La Hoyas of the world".

He went out in the first round, got brought back due to De La Rosa being injured and was sent packing again.

In the first episode of this new season he said of Michael Clerk, "This kid has it all, he can go all the way!"

Yep he was floored and lost in the very first episode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

they say he's a legend, but the best i've heard of him was when he was a cutman (not coach) for one world title fight and that was it.
    He don't know shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But he shows exceptional boxing insite when he screams to his contenders after round one, "throw more punches, I need this round"; and after round two, "throw more punches, I need this round"; and after round three, "throw more punches, I need this round"; and after round four: "throw more punches I need this round"; and after round five; "you did a great job and you have nothing to be ashamed of".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The guys a fraud, he sounds more like a hollywood old man and then an old school trainer.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by maracho
    But he shows exceptional boxing insite when he screams to his contenders after round one, "throw more punches, I need this round"; and after round two, "throw more punches, I need this round"; and after round three, "throw more punches, I need this round"; and after round four: "throw more punches I need this round"; and after round five; "you did a great job and you have nothing to be ashamed of".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by maracho
    Thank you and I agree that he seems a fraud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He knows nothin, hes probably been to a couple of fights and thought "im gonna ACT like a trainer" his advice is shit and his judgement worse. Didnt he say that the ahmed kid could hang with the dela hoyas of the world, there goes his credibility.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GTFO!!!! I don't think much of a Prime Foreman!!!!! The man who was probably the hardest puncher P4P in the history of the game...The guy who destroyed the legendary Joe Frazier as though he stole his Mommas purse!!! The guy who went 8 of the greatest rds in history with Ali!!! The guy does wear dark glasses so maybe he is blind and thats why he couldn't see the problem with Forrest/Quartey....I never understood the greatest trainers in the history of the game thing they said on the contender either...Wheres his string of champions....AND SERGIO MORA DOESN'T COUNT AS A CHAMPION!!!!....They also mentioned Jeremy Williams as one of the best heavyweights to ever step into the ring so...........Whats that tell ya!!!
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    they say he's a legend, but the best i've heard of him was when he was a cutman (not coach) for one world title fight and that was it.
    He don't know S***
    man youve heard more bout him then me, i mean whats he done? who is he?
    i mean all i seen him do is that he tapes and wraps up hands pretty good!! lol
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep whenever he talks, anyone could come up with the shit he does, top class trainer ....oh please!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    They also mentioned Jeremy Williams as one of the best heavyweights to ever step into the ring so...........Whats that tell ya!!!
    That he may have been but his chin wasn't

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah he's an ole #$$##bag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk

not familiar with this guy, just saw him on show where he predicted Maskaev will stop Rahman again.... so I figured he was credible to I read these beat down posts..

Thread Information