Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default JUST SAW RJJ - PRINCE

I've recently saw a RJJ vs Prince and though RJJ won a one sided decision, his ability to get off trouble are somehow limited. He gets pinned on the ropes quite easily and against above average fighters Roy would be in deep trouble. I saw how Glen Johnson attacked him with a lot of pressure and if Roy's performance would be like that of Prince, he may be KO'd as well on the rematch, if ever it would happen. Don't know if he can regain his abilities, he was unbeatable really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: JUST SAW RJJ - PRINCE

agreed minty i beilieve that he is alot more hittable now

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You have to question wether he wanted to stay there though... he was obviously very comfortable covering up against him.

Maybe he's finally starting to adjust his style to suit his body and reflexes, who knows... we'll see when he trys to step it up again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mintymen
    I've recently saw a RJJ vs Prince and though RJJ won a one sided decision, his ability to get off trouble are somehow limited. He gets pinned on the ropes quite easily and against above average fighters Roy would be in deep trouble. I saw how Glen Johnson attacked him with a lot of pressure and if Roy's performance would be like that of Prince, he may be KO'd as well on the rematch, if ever it would happen. Don't know if he can regain his abilities, he was unbeatable really.
    Agreed...& very sadly, I might add. I love Jones...always have & always will...but I fear for his saftey.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    You have to question wether he wanted to stay there though... he was obviously very comfortable covering up against him.
    I totally disagree here AdamGB.

Here's the thing...if you will...or can...watch this fight again.

Granted Jones won & very convincingly after the end of the 2nd round & on...you can see how he is still a bit gunshy in the first two rounds.

Maybe he's finally starting to adjust his style to suit his body and reflexes, who knows... we'll see when he trys to step it up again.
    Anyone else with a punch woulda probably hammered Roy. I think that he's gonna have real issues in the future & maybe get stopped again. I honestly believe that once he steps up again...he's going to have a bunch of disappointed fans.

I just wish that he'd retire.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He looked concerned in the first round, but I'm talking about the fight as a whole. It's a mental thing with him... once he realised he could cover up and smother he was relaxed... I agree to a point though... a lot of other people wouldn't of stepped off the gas and aloud Jones to settle.

I don't think theres any one in the division he can't beat on the right night though, He's completely outclassed Woods before and even if Wood's has came on a great deal since then theres the possibility he would out muscles Woods.

tarver is damaged goods and Johnson is the old man of the group, Jones is certaintly beatable by all of them though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC right back Wack, his style really does not include being pinned in the ropes where you can be hit often, even it's just the arms, etc... point is Roy would not even be cornered or let himself be cornered for that amount of time with Badi, His confidence in himself to take shots or be in the line of fire and not get hit has diminished at a great extent. Even when the commentators always say that you can't hit what you can't see I believe that in the back of Roy's head, he's gonna get tagged anytime in the fight. He does not believe in that a few years ago, in fact he said in a press conf. "I do not lose, I don't do that" I miss that Roy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He looked concerned in the first round, but I'm talking about the fight as a whole. It's a mental thing with him... once he realised he could cover up and smother he was relaxed... I agree to a point though... a lot of other people wouldn't of stepped off the gas and aloud Jones to settle.
    Still...I think that it was more than concerned.

Jones, prior to Tarver/Johnson, has never let anyone get the upper hand & I think he's got a bit of Tyson syndrome going on. Once stopped he has severe issues. Like you said...it's psychological...but you would think that he could recover.

I don't think theres any one in the division he can't beat on the right night though, He's completely outclassed Woods before and even if Wood's has came on a great deal since then theres the possibility he would out muscles Woods.
    Just not so sure. I truly believe that he's a different person now. I think that his reflexes have slowed & his head aint all there anymore. I have a feeling that even Woods would be a tuff night out.

tarver is damaged goods and Johnson is the old man of the group, Jones is certaintly beatable by all of them though.
    True, Tarver may be damaged good...but credit where it is deserved...Hopkins was amazing that night out.

Tarver could come back & shock the world again...if he can comeback. I mean...does anyone even want to see him again?

IWO, Johnson is the one man that Jones needs to stay the hell away from.

Jones' problem, IWO, is what Minty said. He let's himself be bullied now. He goes back to the ropes too much & I believe that the weight jumping has killed his body. Sure he looks like a carved chiseled staute in the ring...but he freezes up to much & he used to keep his back to the ropes & just bull his way out with vicious body shots. Now he flurries off of the ropes & often drops his guard when he comes out.

I really REALLY fear for Roy's health.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

El Kabong Guest

Roy always let guys throw punches at him while against the ropes.

I don't fear for Roy's health but I am glad he won and I hope he fights someone like Calzaghe (who might not be able to bring much power to 175) or avenge his losses to Johnson and Tarver and after the fight win lose or draw he should retire.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You could be right about Calzaghe's power Lyle, not so sure myself though.

I've seen him at his 'walk around weight' and I get the feeling 175lbs might suit him better, he's naturally a big bloke. I reckon he'll be able to keep most of his speed and get some more pop at 175.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

Jones' problem, IWO, is what Minty said. He let's himself be bullied now. He goes back to the ropes too much & I believe that the weight jumping has killed his body. Sure he looks like a carved chiseled staute in the ring...but he freezes up to much & he used to keep his back to the ropes & just bull his way out with vicious body shots. Now he flurries off of the ropes & often drops his guard when he comes out.

I really REALLY fear for Roy's health.
    You and I both Wack, at this stage of his career where he's being hit more often(more than his whole career ) is pretty dangerous for a guy who's not used to getting hit. I remember his words why he does not want to visit the G-Man cause he may end up/see himself if he continues like Gerald

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle

I don't fear for Roy's health but I am glad he won and I hope he fights someone like Calzaghe (who might not be able to bring much power to 175) or avenge his losses to Johnson and Tarver and after the fight win lose or draw he should retire.
    In reality roy himself is a supermiddleweight he is a small light heavyweight
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes...but he's been able to slip & shoot his way off of the ropes in the past a bit more effectively.

Anyone that can't see or deal with the fact that Jones is not the same is in a bit of denial. I would never have believed it until I saw it for my own eyes.

Honestly...I watched the Tarver fight...the first one...& it showed there. Jones was there for the taking up against the ropes. Tarver was just to lax to go in for the kill...& who can blame him.

I would rather him fight Johnson or Woods than Calzaghe. I aint really that worried about the power issue...but the accumulation is what bothers me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A lot of other people would be knocked out by those body punches Roy his Ajamu with.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

None of which hold belts at 175... :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah i dont understand why roy constantly goes to the ropes and covers up like a lil' bitch
    yes i love roy and hes one of my fave all times but he's gotta do something about that
    maybe hes a little stubborn or something but thats his HUGEST flaw

oh, please tell me where you saw this match, i've been looking everywhere.
    a PM would be nice.
    Lightning Strikes Twice

Thread Information