Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lenny Mclean v Roy Shaw, who actually won there fights?

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Lenny Mclean v Roy Shaw, who actually won there fights?

McLean-Kimbo

How would it have gone prime for prime

and the winner vs John L. Sullivan

Personally I rate John L. as the best bareknuckler in history not only because he was the last but because the fucker drank whiskey between rounds

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    McLean-Kimbo

How would it have gone prime for prime

and the winner vs John L. Sullivan

Personally I rate John L. as the best bareknuckler in history not only because he was the last but because the f***** drank whiskey between rounds
    John L Sullivan was in a completely different league, but Kimbo wouldn't last 60 seconds with Lenny
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sullivan was one seriously tough mutha.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leon9996
    Quote Originally Posted by body head banger
    yeh they fought three bouts the first you wont find footage of but lenny did and roy will openly tell you that there was three, roy won the first by stoppage because roy was beating len silly with alot of un answered punches but couldnt knock him down, the second fight lenny knocked roy silly and punched him through the ropes , and the third was a knockdown fest where lenny tore roy apart and knocked him down and out twice!!
    did anyone every see roy shaw-donny the bull adams? roy knocked him spark out and was in such a rage he picked him up under his arm (whilst he was dead weight) and done him again! beautiful
    ive got most of lennys fights off ebay so ive seen these fights,he was the first person frank warren ever promoted,but any half decent boxer he fought he got beat by,thats what frank warren said.he lost to cliff fields who was an ex-pro
    yeh i got em too , its definately worth seeing them, just to say you have, but becuase they so old theyr terrible quality!!:P

and yeh roy beat ron stander, but stander had fought with broken ribs roy even admits it in pretty boy(the book) and had said that he might have lost to stander had he been fighting fit.
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i know but i dont like typong so couldnt be bothered to rite that, he says he hit stander with everything he has and i think he smiled at him, if it wasnt for the ribs he deffo would of lost

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just been reading The Guv'nor today. I was given it ages ago but never had any real interest in it. On the fighting side of things Ive always thought of bare knuckle fighters or unlicensed fighters as quite sad figures.

Very colourfull character. Along the way I couldn't help but feel that it was being laid on a bit thick but it does make for a very good read. I will finish it tomorrow
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the had three fights in the ring,

the first which was not filmed or lost, was won by roy shaw by tko.
    the second, lenny mclean ATE shaw,
    the third mclean absolutley murdered the guy. i mean the ferocity was awe-inspiring.

mclean mentions all the fights in his book.

Shaw said in an interview in 2004, that he has always admitted that he had 3 fights with mclean in the ring, and that the reason why the third fight wasnt mentioned in his book was cos of some editing shit.

shaw said he challenged mclean to streetfights but lenny always said he was too old.

however mcleans wife said that, shaw is ridiculous to say that lenny backed away from a streetfight. she said he would have foought someone on the last week of his death....etc

everything there^^^^^^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart Lacy

the third mclean absolutley murdered the guy. i mean the ferocity was awe-inspiring.

Shaw said in an interview in 2004, that he has always admitted that he had 3 fights with mclean in the ring, and that the reason why the third fight wasnt mentioned in his book was cos of some editing S***.

shaw said he challenged mclean to streetfights but lenny always said he was too old.

however mcleans wife said that, shaw is ridiculous to say that lenny backed away from a streetfight. she said he would have foought someone on the last week of his death....etc

everything there^^^^^^^
    learn something new each day, i didnt know his wife had said that
    roys account was that he had challenged len to another fight and len had said im too old now roy, but lenny was the same age as roy was when he started unliscenced fighting,
    but as we all know lenny was not in good health and died young, never was as fit as roy was and as roy still is and roy is pretty damn old nowadays and still as big if not bigger then he was then.
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    They were not boxers, or even professional fighters.

Neither would go past 4 rounds with a half decent pro.

gonna have to pull u up on that one m8 as roy shaw fought and beat ron stander and at the time ron was heavyweight contender so ur wrong there,and as for their fights,roy beat lenny the first time,actually its said he anihilated lenny and its still regarded as one of the bloodiest battles of all time,the 2nd lenny won,roy says this was down to ginseng he drunk prior to the bout,then lenny won the third but roy never documented this in his book,i should imagine its cos he got battered by someone who he deemed as ''just another fighter in a long list'' theres not much evidence of this 3rd fight but reliable sources say it did happen and the people who knew roy and worked with him all said he could of been a champion in boxing,and these are the likes of frank warren and joey pyle and their opinions are good enough for me.thx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tito BHB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart Lacy

Shaw said in an interview in 2004, that he has always admitted that he had 3 fights with mclean in the ring, and that the reason why the third fight wasnt mentioned in his book was cos of some editing S***.

everything there^^^^^^^
    learn something new each day, i didnt know his wife had said that
    roys account was that he had challenged len to another fight and len had said im too old now roy, but lenny was the same age as roy was when he started unliscenced fighting,
    but as we all know lenny was not in good health and died young, never was as fit as roy was and as roy still is and roy is pretty damn old nowadays and still as big if not bigger then he was then.

true....even at 73 hes very fit and still got an immense right hook on him,born survivor!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tito BHB View Post
    yeh they fought three bouts the first you wont find footage of but lenny did and roy will openly tell you that there was three, roy won the first by stoppage because roy was beating len silly with alot of un answered punches but couldnt knock him down, the second fight lenny knocked roy silly and punched him through the ropes , and the third was a knockdown fest where lenny tore roy apart and knocked him down and out twice!!
    did anyone every see roy shaw-donny the bull adams? roy knocked him spark out and was in such a rage he picked him up under his arm (whilst he was dead weight) and done him again! beautiful

yeah that was great stamped on him too lol and had to be dragged off him lol,which is why it suprised me that donny went into roys changing room after to give him credit.....not bad lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who would win out of Kimo Slice,Roy Shaw amd Lenny?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    In a street fight Roy or Lenny would ruin Kimbo imo
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    In a street fight Roy or Lenny would ruin Kimbo imo

hmmm,it would be great to see the match up

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lenny would batter Kimbo & I think just had a slight edge of Shaw, who was probably a harder man (given his size), but Lenny was just that much bigger. Kimbo would get fucked up by them man though

Although I would add a guy who came up round my area called Andrew 'Sparks' Wanogho. Probably the meanest guy I have ever seen, even though he was a Welter, I reckon he could've handled at least Kimbo. A truly horrible piece of work, but a guy who was knockin out big grown men with a punch when he was a teenager.
    Last edited by JazMerkin; 08-02-2009 at 01:59 PM.

Thread Information