Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The Workout Myth?

I apologize if this is the wrong place for this, so feel free to move it.

This is from the show Penn and Teller: Bull$%&

It's basically about a lot of the myths in the physical fitness world. It's definately worth watching to help dispell any of those crazy myths you have about working out.

WARNING: Contains adult language, so if that bothers you, don't watch. Also, its about half an hour, so make sure you have nothing else to do before you start watching.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...eller+bullshit
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Workout Myth?

Watched about 10 minutes so far, to me it seems like they've gotten a valid fact, twisted it and pushed it to an extreme... Micheal Moore Style.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cant get no sound, love these type of things, will watch it later. cc
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's pretty good, I disagree with them saying 'don't bother if you don't have the genetics' the stuff about suppliments and spot fat burning etc are pretty spot on though.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was great , I call it cosmetic fitness, thats what it is trying to sell crap to the unsuspecting public making claims of untruths. Just money making scams, I thought it was great.

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    That was great , I call it cosmetic fitness, thats what it is trying to sell crap to the unsuspecting public making claims of untruths. Just money making scams, I thought it was great.
    That's funny Scrap... I was just arguing with some would be body builders on another forum and told them that they where into cosmetics and not sports...

"Look at this guy's thighs, Imagine him in a game of rugby"
    "Yeah, he'd be shite"

They're always waffling on about suppliments in the 'sports forum' on overclockers.co.uk - never training... but for some reason when they all started saying imagine him in a game of rugby I realised that they know fuck all about training for a sport...

A physique shaped for an event made up of effective, relivant muscle mass and the energy systems to back them up is not their goal... Just:

Cosmetics

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Weve seen and been around them all our lives possers.They would never try something like the ultimate way of getting fit while doing something dangerous Rockclimbing because theirs nobody watching

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You should of seen this bloke who came to work the bags at the gym one day... hair all styled... special 80s jump suit with the zip done down half way... neon stitching... special budgie shorts... a knecklace... I could go on and on.

Had 'Muscles' and a 'six pack' yet he couldn't do any ab exercises with out a bar... even with his feet half off the floor and when he used a bar he was shite... blitzed him on the ab circuit as did most of the 'out of shape' people there and he as barely average at pull ups and press ups...

Fitness was shite, didn't watch him much on the bags because I was on the bags too... but what I did see was weak...

Must of been new in town or something, picked the wrong gym... sure he looks great in health clubs but he just looked like an embarasment in ours :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually invented something about 5 years ago and when I was doing my search on uspto.gov I came accross several applications by John Abdo that weren't yet on the market. Today my product is in existance manufactured by someone right about the time I did my research yet isn't half of what mine would have been. It's a useless plastic piece of S*** that does nothing. I never pursuid my idea simply because I was broke, but according to "my lawyer" ( a guy I paid to consult with) I stidl had enough novelty to get a patent. Maybe one day...

But, correct. 99% of all fitness videos and products are nothing more than lies that prey on desperate suckers. I'll actually watch them for a laugh once n a while. The latest over here in the US is some S*** about ballroom dancers and another one made by fat persian broads doing belly dancing routines. What a fukking joke.

D, cc. Great thread, great video.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    It's pretty good, I disagree with them saying 'don't bother if you don't have the genetics' the stuff about suppliments and spot fat burning etc are pretty spot on though.
    I think you misunderstood about the genetics thing. They weren't saying don't bother at all. What they were saying is that basically, if you're scrawny by nature, don't expect to be a 400 lbs mass of muscle just by working out. It won't happen. Same if you're a 400lbs lard by nature. You just really wont be able to be a slim 150 lbs model.

Basically, their whole show boiled down to eat properly and exercise, and you'll be in the best shape your body can get in. Don't expect to look like a bodybuilder, and don't be upset if you can't get the exact body shape you want, because most of the time, it's nearly impossible.
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And just in case you guys are interested in the show, they do have 30 or 40 episodes worth of all sorts of things ranging from college to gun control to the war on drugs and even ouiji boards.

I really wish the show had gotten broader exposure, because maybe then the world could have some semblence of common sense.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

D Thats why every night I say my prayers and thank my ancesstors, for me being perfect the wife tells me thats a load of bollocks.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy D
    I think you misunderstood about the genetics thing. They weren't saying don't bother at all. What they were saying is that basically, if you're scrawny by nature, don't expect to be a 400 lbs mass of muscle just by working out. It won't happen. Same if you're a 400lbs lard by nature. You just really wont be able to be a slim 150 lbs model.

Basically, their whole show boiled down to eat properly and exercise, and you'll be in the best shape your body can get in. Don't expect to look like a bodybuilder, and don't be upset if you can't get the exact body shape you want, because most of the time, it's nearly impossible.
    I know that's the point they where making, it's just not clear enough for the average Joe... almost like they where saying you'd barely get any results from training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True True....I can definately see how people could mistake that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    That's funny Scrap... I was just arguing with some would be body builders on another forum and told them that they where into cosmetics and not sports...

"Look at this guy's thighs, Imagine him in a game of rugby"
    "Yeah, he'd be shite"

They're always waffling on about suppliments in the 'sports forum' on overclockers.co.uk - never training... but for some reason when they all started saying imagine him in a game of rugby I realised that they know F*** all about training for a sport...

A physique shaped for an event made up of effective, relivant muscle mass and the energy systems to back them up is not their goal... Just:

Cosmetics
    hahahaha nice man. i like the bodybuilders style to though.lots of strength but it is mostly for show

Thread Information