Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mike Tyson Fighting again For PRIDE

Thats 2 I owe you now, as soon as Karma has done doing her thing I'll give you em.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo

Thats 2 I owe you now, as soon as Karma has done doing her thing I'll give you em.
    Well while were on the subject of fake sports ill add my list:

1. beach volley ball: so boring, yet its on tv all the time
    2. table tennis: enjoy watching those fast as hell guys, but a sport it is not.
    3. horse racing: some Bilbo sized dude abusing a pony with his whip?
    4. pro wrestling: uuuuu, what can I say. (its even on the scifi channel now.)
    5. x-games: skateboarding! yes true athletes.. :P

Bilbo? Keep your CCs until you can justify these ummmm, events? as real sports.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know Bilbo asside from you off base comments on MMA, I do enjoy your candid humor and self depravation.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds
    You know Bilbo asside from you off base comments on MMA, I do enjoy your candid humor and self depravation.
    Cheers bro, I'm never really serious on these boards to be honest. They are just a stress relief, an entertaining diversion from doing the more important things I really should be getting on with.

Sometimes I just like winding people up, getting a negative reaction stimulates me in some strange way.

I admit some of my posts are the virtual equivelent of belching in somebody's face during a conversation, but toilet humour is appreciated by some and deplored by others.

I kind of like the reactions from both :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cheers bro, I'm never really serious on these boards to be honest. They are just a stress relief, an entertaining diversion from doing the more important things I really should be getting on with.

Sometimes I just like winding people up, getting a negative reaction stimulates me in some strange way.

I admit some of my posts are the virtual equivelent of belching in somebody's face during a conversation, but toilet humour is appreciated by some and deplored by others.

Damn Mr.Baggins! Your getting slammed with SCs today. Was it the MMA faction, the NASCAR groupies or the Ping Pong posse?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 1st rd ko

Damn Mr.Baggins! Your getting slammed with SCs today. Was it the MMA faction, the NASCAR groupies or the Ping Pong posse?
    I dont know I've 7 now since this time last night?

Bastads! Bastads! I Hate you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 1st rd ko

I dont know I've 7 now since this time last night?

Bastads! Bastads! I Hate you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well I guess you could find a large mountain, climb deep deep down to the roots and eat fissssssssh! (but get a wireless modem so you can keep up on your vast hoard of SCs.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Tyson could kill the guys in UFC I'm sure he would have tried it by now. As hard as a puncher as Mike is... A smart fight would just have to close the distance and take him down. Once he's down he's screwed. Either that or low kicks.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing about the classic Boxer vs MMA(in a MMA format) discussion is that
    1. MMA striking is very different than boxing. There are certain things that just don't directly correlate between boxing and striking(stance/defense/punching style).
    2. Most MMA fighters would simply not "box" with a pro fighter. Even if they chose to stand with the boxer you'd see alot of leg kicks and fighting from the clinch(elbows/knees/footstomps).
    3. Much like you can't teach someone the science and subtleties of boxing in a few months neither can one master or even become truly competent at takedowns/takedown defense and submissions

I really can't think of a single MMA fighter that would stand a chance against a top 10 boxer in their respective weightclass. But other than a punchers chance I can't think of a single boxer who could win against top MMA fighters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    I'd love to see Tyson enter the UFC and kill Chuck Lidell, oh and the Shamrock as well.

Can't stand the UFC, it's where athletes who were not good enough to take up a proper professional sport go.

I'd love to see Tyson tear them all up.
    dude are you stupid tyson wouldnt know what to do in the ufc, chuck would really fuck him up bad dude. as soon as tyson gets droped on his head and catch an elbow in the face he would quit like a little girl.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah man just found this old thread. Can't believe its me saying all these horrible things about the UFC.

I actually watch it every time its on now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You must be going through Sad Click withdrawals....
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mmaisbetter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    I'd love to see Tyson enter the UFC and kill Chuck Lidell, oh and the Shamrock as well.

Can't stand the UFC, it's where athletes who were not good enough to take up a proper professional sport go.

I'd love to see Tyson tear them all up.
    dude are you stupid tyson wouldnt know what to do in the ufc, chuck would really F*** him up bad dude. as soon as tyson gets droped on his head and catch an elbow in the face he would quit like a little girl.
    Well what a surprise a troll finding a topic near 1 year old

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I believe Tyson would do very well in the MMA. First of all there is no one in MMA who could touch his boxing/striking skills. Secondly, Mike Tyson is a street fighter. Thirdly, Mike Tyson has that predatory intict, t hat acounts for alot in these types of fights believe it or not. Thirdly Mike Tyson has incredible strength. Even if it does go to the ground he is not going to lay there like a fish, and a little ground work coaching for Mike could go a long way.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by helminth
    I believe Tyson would do very well in the MMA. First of all there is no one in MMA who could touch his boxing/striking skills. Secondly, Mike Tyson is a street fighter. Thirdly, Mike Tyson has that predatory intict, t hat acounts for alot in these types of fights believe it or not. Thirdly Mike Tyson has incredible strength. Even if it does go to the ground he is not going to lay there like a fish, and a little ground work coaching for Mike could go a long way.
    Firstly boxing and striking are two completely different techniques, being a great boxer (which Tyson no longer is) is not a guarantee of success standing in a MMA fight. Yes he has power and yes he has good hand speed, but those alone are not enough against a top MMA striker. Second who cares if he is a street fighter. MMA is no longer a no holds barred scrap between two fat rednecks. Its a sport with a huge skill set filled with world class athletes. Street Fighters need not apply. Predatory instinc? Come on every decent fighter has this. Lastly BJJ was designed specifically to counter opponents with a strength advantage. Submissions are about technique not overpowering an opponent. That being said Big Nog is no weak sister. Submissions aside there is still the ground and pound aspect that Tyson would have to deal with once he is on his back. Boxing is a great sport and it wouldn't be a bad base to have for an MMA fighter but it alone doesn't come close to preparing a fighter to face a top tier MMA talent

Thread Information