Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ghosts & UFO's

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    I didnt see it come down sorry, but 3 of my mates did and the farmer said it wasnt of this world. I think it was the first time Langdale had seen 6 hellicopters flying up and down strange.
    lol no offense but I wouldn't trust a farmer to know what was of this world and what wasn't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris N.
    heard my name called when no one's there.
    Were you awake or asleep. I am often awakened from sleep by someone calling my name only to discover I am home alone.

Easily dismissed a dream related, but still creepy.
    I was wide awake, it sounded like it came from upstairs. It could have easily been someone that said 'Chris' who was just walking by outside. Even though that's more likely it still makes shake my head and wonder.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Idk Lyle, I can't be sure, I've had some things like a doorknob rattling by itself, footsteps, heard my name called when no one's there.

Just out of curiosity does anyone here watch Ghost hunters on Sci-Fi, or any UFO/Mysteries programs. I'm not really big on them but I like to watch them if there's nothing better on.
    I've seen the American Ghosthunters with Taps a few times. That program really grates my S*** to be honest. I mean instead of producing a serious investigative documentary on evidence for the paranormal they give air time to these absolute fucktards.

They are not scientists, they are not even professionally trained to use the equipment that they use. They are just F****** PLUMBERS for F***'s sake

There 'investigations' consist of going to a house for about an hour, setting up a few cameras and walking around with a digital temperature gauge

I would LOVE to have explained to me why it is that ghost's are even linked to such phenomena as temperature drops, creaking noises, tingling feelings, mists etc as to my mind they have no relevence whatsoever.

'Wow, the temperature drops by two degrees if I stand here! ' 'Itmust be a ghooost in the hoooose!'

or 'Wow, I summoned the spirit and asked him to make a sign of his presence and the blind's rustled ever so slightly!'

Seriously where the hell did they get these assholes? And they drive around in a big black van like they are the F****** A Team or something, just absolute complete and utter gormless clowns.
    When I took a drama class back in highschool I made an improv skit which was parody on the the TAPS Ghost Hunters. Mine was called SPAT and as you can imagine by watching the show there was so to play off of. The worst one was a UK based investigative team, the program had the word Haunting on it and I saw it once or twice on the Travel Channel. Anysways this team had no equipment besides infared and night vision, but had to have a 'Psychic' that looks more like the corky melodramaic reject from a theatre group. WORST garbage ever...
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Idk Lyle, I can't be sure, I've had some things like a doorknob rattling by itself, footsteps, heard my name called when no one's there.

Just out of curiosity does anyone here watch Ghost hunters on Sci-Fi, or any UFO/Mysteries programs. I'm not really big on them but I like to watch them if there's nothing better on.
    I've seen the American Ghosthunters with Taps a few times. That program really grates my S*** to be honest. I mean instead of producing a serious investigative documentary on evidence for the paranormal they give air time to these absolute fucktards.

They are not scientists, they are not even professionally trained to use the equipment that they use. They are just F****** PLUMBERS for F***'s sake

There 'investigations' consist of going to a house for about an hour, setting up a few cameras and walking around with a digital temperature gauge

I would LOVE to have explained to me why it is that ghost's are even linked to such phenomena as temperature drops, creaking noises, tingling feelings, mists etc as to my mind they have no relevence whatsoever.

'Wow, the temperature drops by two degrees if I stand here! ' 'Itmust be a ghooost in the hoooose!'

or 'Wow, I summoned the spirit and asked him to make a sign of his presence and the blind's rustled ever so slightly!'

Seriously where the hell did they get these assholes? And they drive around in a big black van like they are the F****** A Team or something, just absolute complete and utter gormless clowns.
    When I took a drama class back in highschool I made an improv skit which was parody on the the TAPS Ghost Hunters. Mine was called SPAT and as you can imagine by watching the show there was so to play off of. The worst one was a UK based investigative team, the program had the word Haunting on it and I saw it once or twice on the Travel Channel. Anysways this team had no equipment besides infared and night vision, but had to have a 'Psychic' that looks more like the corky melodramaic reject from a theatre group. WORST garbage ever...
    yeah the UK one with Evette Fielding sucked balls. My favourite part of that show was when the pyschics would walk into a house and go 'I sense somebody sitting here', 'Please tell me your name', 'What your name is Alan?' And how long have you been here Alan, did you used to live here?,' Yes!, how long ago?......'

And meanwhile a disclaimer scrolls along the bottom of the screen 'Nobody called Alan has ever been reported living at this address'.

It's funny though becase that show the scariest place they went to was a place called Berry Pomery Castle and Evette Fielding fainted in terror there and the psychics went mad saying it was an evil place and they didn't feel safe there.'

Anyway I live about 5 miles aways from this castle and as a kid and into my early twenties I must have been there over a dozen times with girlfriends and groups of friends.

Never saw a fucking thing and even shagged one of my girlfriends within the castle itself one night.

All bollocks, there's fuck all down there and these psychic loonies should not be given any airtime whatsoever. The worst show ever was when they sent some physics to drive down the French tunnel where Diana was killed and they sat in the back of the car reliving Diana's final moments

They shouldn't be allowed on telly, just misleading crazies who prey on the weak and the gullible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you know the blonde psycotic (hehe) bloke who used to be on there
    he got sacked
    for bull shitting

he's an even bigger twat wen he gets apparently posessed by the ghost hmmmmmmmmmm

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by katfight
    you know the blonde psycotic (hehe) bloke who used to be on there
    he got sacked
    for bull shitting

he's an even bigger twat wen he gets apparently posessed by the ghost hmmmmmmmmmm

They should just lock them up rather than give them a tv slot. They are a menace. Someone who claims to talk to dead people is not someone who should be given a public voice.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bilbo I think it was his way of working out that on a hot summers night in the middle of June, the reason for the cows stampeding into stone walls and the sheep coming of the fells, strange
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bilbo I think it was his way of working out that on a hot summers night in the middle of June, the reason for the cows stampeding into stone walls and the sheep coming of the fells, strange
    I guess they did it through fear. But from a cow's point of view a crashed weather ballon or plane would be just as scary as a crashed ufo surely.

It's not like a cow is going to look up in the air and moo to it's neighbour not to worry becuase it's just a recon plane going down, and then look more closely recognises it as an alien craft and shouts out to all the other cows that it's a UFO and that they had better run like crazy

It's always stumped me in the past when people use animal behaviour to indicate a ghostly presence, if for an example a dog freaks out.

I always think to myself 'hang on a minute, animals don't have souls so how the hell can they discern spirits better than we can'

It's all hogwash imo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess they did it through fear. But from a cow's point of view a crashed weather ballon or plane would be just as scary as a crashed ufo surely. Bilbo

I cannot decide if I agree or disagree. I keep thinking that a cow is an animal and animals can sense danger. I'm not sure if they would run into walls to escape a weather ballon.

Still, my dog wakes me up in the middle of the night barking at something things that he hadn't noticed before. Like my coat haning over the kitchen chair or a sofa pillow laying in the floor.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What worried me was the soldiers having guns in the National park on a wednesday, Market Day strange
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What worried me was the soldiers having guns in the National park on a wednesday, Market Day strange
    Aww come on scrap what is it with these single sentence replies? You got us intrigued now write us a detailed blow by blow of what happened...........

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess they did it through fear. But from a cow's point of view a crashed weather ballon or plane would be just as scary as a crashed ufo surely. Bilbo

I cannot decide if I agree or disagree. I keep thinking that a cow is an animal and animals can sense danger. I'm not sure if they would run into walls to escape a weather ballon.

Still, my dog wakes me up in the middle of the night barking at something things that he hadn't noticed before. Like my coat haning over the kitchen chair or a sofa pillow laying in the floor.
    They have a fight or flight response to anything that might appear dangerous to them they certainly can't tell the difference between different types of flying craft they just have a programmed response to react to certain stimuli.

I used to live in the countryside and driving down country lanes you'd often have roads blocked by cattle. For some reason cows don't see cars with headlights as dangerous and you can hurtle right up to them, honk your horn and rev your engine and they'll just look at you and carry on standing right where they are.

As soon as you get out of your car however the whole herd will take off within about 5 seconds.

That's just the way animals are (cows at least) they are completely dumb and for some reason see some situations as dangerous and other's as not even though what they feel to be non dangerous might actually be far more so.

It's instinct nothing more. As for dogs being able to sense ghosts, makes no sense to me whatsoever. Surely as only man is supposed to have a spirit why would a dog be able to sense spirits better than us? If they really could then I guess it would be dogs that actually went to heaven, worried about the afterlife and prayed to a higher power. Instead they just sniff each other's bums and lick their balls..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I woke up once and looked out my window and saw this bright light in the sky. I figured it was a planet because i heard they are visible for alittle bit during the early morning for a month or so. Well i looked at it and the next thing i know it starts moving to the left gradually picking up speed and then it just disappeared. Needless to say, i went back to sleep but i'm pretty sure i saw what i just described.

I used to hangout at a funeral home which was operated by somebody i know's mom. When you walked through the downstairs, which was the funeral home part (they lived upstairs), you could just feel that there was a bunch of people around you but there'd never be anyone around. Then of course there was the odd noises here and there, but we never saw anything.

I believe in both to a certain degree. There has to be more "intelligent" life out there than 6 billion evolved cavemen. Statistically it's impossible that we are the only inteligent lifeforms in the universe. I've learned/heard some crazy stuff about ghosts in the past couple of months.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As for dogs being able to sense ghosts, makes no sense to me whatsoever. Surely as only man is supposed to have a spirit why would a dog be able to sense spirits better than us? If they really could then I guess it would be dogs that actually went to heaven, worried about the afterlife and prayed to a higher power. Instead they just sniff each other's bums and lick their balls..........

I didn't say that my dog could sense ghosts. Although I would pleased if he could. I was saying that he panics over the slightest change in his enviroment. A habit he may have picked up from me, of course.

Dogs can hear things humans can't--fact. Dogs see in black and white, so they say. Not sure how they test such things.

I guess I'm implying that there is a chance they can see and hear things we fail to detect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As for dogs being able to sense ghosts, makes no sense to me whatsoever. Surely as only man is supposed to have a spirit why would a dog be able to sense spirits better than us? If they really could then I guess it would be dogs that actually went to heaven, worried about the afterlife and prayed to a higher power. Instead they just sniff each other's bums and lick their balls..........

I didn't say that my dog could sense ghosts. Although I would pleased if he could. I was saying that he panics over the slightest change in his enviroment. A habit he may have picked up from me, of course.

Dogs can hear things humans can't--fact. Dogs see in black and white, so they say. Not sure how they test such things.

I guess I'm implying that there is a chance they can see and hear things we fail to detect.
    Dogs might not be as "intelligent" as humans but they do have consciousness. They have higher senses so it wouldn't be that wierd if they sensed something that a lot of people can't.

Thread Information