how would this fight go two hard hitters going at it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: EARNIE SHAVERS VS JOE FRAIZER

I think Frazier was alot more skilled then Shavers as he had more then just a whopping punch. Frazier decision.

ICB Guest

i dont think this would go distance mate i think fraizer would be knockdown twice then he comesback and stops shavers late

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frazier by UD

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frazier KO's Shavers in about 7, it was common knowledge that if you could hang around past 5-6 rounds you'd have a good chance of winning as Earnie only had his power, his stamina was no good, he bleed, 7 was clumsey. Frazier got caught earlier a lot which would make things interesting but Frazier would keep coming & end things with his left hook.
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

ICB Guest

yea i think would be similar to oscar vs fraizer when oscar knocked down fraizer twice but fraizer comes backs but instead of winning a decision like he done against oscar he kos shavers late when shavers runs out of gas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Style's make fights

Frazier does not like being able to go forward and can be a slow starter (look at the Foreman fights, second Ali fight and the first Bonevena fight).

If Shavers goes in swinging, he has excellent chance of getting the job done inside two; but if the bell goes for third and Frazier is not in trouble; Joe gets 'Smokin' and well...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Britkid
    Style's make fights

Frazier does not like being able to go forward and can be a slow starter (look at the Foreman fights, second Ali fight and the first Bonevena fight).

If Shavers goes in swinging, he has excellent chance of getting the job done inside two; but if the bell goes for third and Frazier is not in trouble; Joe gets 'Smokin' and well...
    I agree styles do make fights, and Joe was a slow starter, unless he hurt you, but Frazier was superior technically and chin wise to Shavers, not to mention conditioning and Heart were huge on Fraziers side, Quarry K.O.'d Shavers in the 1st rd and Ron Stander even knocked him out in Shavers prime yrs, so in there primes IMO Frazier knocks Shavers head off, and if some how the fight would go the distance, but I seriously doubt it, Frazier would have way too much heart and stamina, Frazier by lopsided UD.

El Kabong Guest

Shavers loses to any and all heavy hitters...From Dempsey all the way to Wlad.

The Acorn could crack but he was tiny and got gased and didn't have a good chin

Thread Information