Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have the Brit Boxers(Hatton/Calzaghe) lost there bottle,there way or both ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Have the Brit Boxers(Hatton/Calzaghe) lost there bottle,there way or both ?

Just read about this Mr nobody Calzaghe if fighting.Warren is taken the piss if you ask me.
    I dont think he is willing to cough up the cash to get a top notch fighter over to fight Joe.

Calzaghe is just as much at fault,he should be telling Warren he will not wast the last 2 years or so of his boxing life fighting c class fighters that nobody have heard of. Plus all ofhis Welsh fans would have to go back up to Manchester again to see it.

As for Ricky Hatton,he needs to sign with a top US promoter to get him the big names that he wants to fight.
    If he had signed a 3 fight deal with Bob Arum for example he could have had a warm up fight on the same bill as Cotto.Fought Cotto in a superfight.Then a rematch if its a good fight or a title defence against another Arum fighter.

Instead he is fighting a man that even most fight fans have never watched or want to watch.

I think Hatton has taken bad advice since leaving Warren and needs to get his carrer back on track before its to late.
    Balls

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Have the Brit Boxers(Hatton/Calzaghe) lost there bottle,there way or both ?

Well I know I'm not qualified to answer but I think in Ricky's case it kind of is. Not saying he's a coward I think he will fight anyone at 140 lb but he has given off the distinct impression that he viewed his fight against Collazo as a failure and conceded defeat as regards to 147 lb.

Calzaghe I don't think fears anybody. There just isn't anyone out there to fight really and given the choice between Joey Spina and anybody else who would you choose? :P

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Have the Brit Boxers(Hatton/Calzaghe) lost there bottle,there way or both ?

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    Well I know I'm not qualified to answer but I think in Ricky's case it kind of is. Not saying he's a coward I think he will fight anyone at 140 lb but he has given off the distinct impression that he viewed his fight against Collazo as a failure and conceded defeat as regards to 147 lb.

Calzaghe I don't think fears anybody. There just isn't anyone out there to fight really and given the choice between Joey Spina and anybody else who would you choose? :P

Calzaghe could have called Carl Froch's bluff and given him a fight.At least we know he is a decent fighter and he would bring a lot of his own fans to the MEN.That place is going to be half empty on the 14th.
    Balls

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did you sadclick me again Porkypara?

Now we are even

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now we are even

No I did't.

But I have now.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im starting to get the feeling that Joe is never going to get his big $ fight. Clock is ticking and if he hurts his hands again?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by porkypara

Now we are even

No I did't.

But I have now.
    My apologies I've reversed it and given you a instead

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now we are even

No I did't.

But I have now.
    My apologies I've reversed it and given you a instead

Very civil.Have 1 back.
    Balls

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks man I've had everyone sadclicking me today, starting to tire of being everyones whipping boy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 1st rd ko
    Im starting to get the feeling that Joe is never going to get his big $ fight. Clock is ticking and if he hurts his hands again?

Dont understand why he is so reluctant to fight in the USA.

This fight he is having on the 14th if it was taken place over there I am sure Americans would like to see him fight in the flesh.Even against a bum,but in the UK we are sick of watching Calzaghe fight bums.

It a wast of time for Joe.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How is Hatton going to avoid Witter if he beats Corely? and Calzaghe avoid Woods if he beats Johnson? I can't see any reason for these domestic bouts not to happen. great news for the UK folk.. not so for the Yanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They would both be good scraps,I would pick HAtton and joe to win.
    Balls

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

a bit weired IMO. Last I read after Joe had demolished Lacy, he & Hatton were suppose to come & whoa! all of america then conquer us and drink pint's over a game of 'darts'.

I got my board ready.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 1st rd ko

Dont understand why he is so reluctant to fight in the USA.

This fight he is having on the 14th if it was taken place over there I am sure Americans would like to see him fight in the flesh.Even against a bum,but in the UK we are sick of watching Calzaghe fight bums.

It a wast of time for Joe.
    Can Joe get a BIG $ fight in the UK? It seems noone with a name will fight him without a big pay day. If he were to come to the US I bet a fan drawing name would fight him. Joe wouldnt get much of the gate $ but it would be a PPV fight which would equal large payday for him. If he were to win , then bring on the next name. Seems like a decent idea to me, but then again I dont know shat about setting up fights.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know, I'm not ready to say there scared of taking big fights, but the fact is both guys have taken meaningless, dissapointing fights. That's ok if they pick it up and take a big fight their next fight but talk about a momentum killer for Calzaghe.

Thread Information