Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayweather on Margarito "Spot two name fighters on that mother-f*****'s record!"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather on Margarito "Spot two name fighters on that mother-f*****'s record!"

Baldomir: "Mayweather is making same mistake as Gatti and Judah"

http://www.secondsout.com/USA/news.cfm?ccs=229&cs=20176

By Ant Evans: WBC and linear welterweight champion Carlos Baldomir believes that Floyd Mayweather Junior is already making cataclysmic miscalculations, just one week after they signed for their WBC/IBO/IBF unification match November 4 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas (HBO).

With manager Javier Zapata serving as translator, the journeyman turned world champion told SecondsOut: "Already Mayweather is making the huge mistake of underestimating me and making plans for what he is going to do after he beats me. But he's not going to beat me."

The 35-year-old Argentine continued: "When I fought Zab Judah in January, he was disrespecting me by already having signed to fight Floyd Mayweather in April. But I beat him badly. I could tell in the first round, as soon as I hit him, that he couldn't beat me.

"Then, with Gatti (July 22), he was (apparently) already agreed to fight Ricky Hatton after he beat me. But he didn't beat me - I knocked him out. I took his best and knocked him out.

"And now Mayweather is already (committed) to fighting in February and again against Oscar De La Hoya in May. He won't get to Oscar De La Hoya as an unbeaten fighter. He won't even get to February."

However Baldomir, 43-9-6 (13KOs), said that he doesn't feel angry that he continues to be overlooked and extended little respect despite two impressive wins already in 2006.

Baldomir is a journeyman turned world beater out of the mould of a Glen Johnson. Even though he has only been stopped once - 12 years ago in a fight against Paulo Alejandro Sanchez - and has gone unbeaten since 1998, his victories over Judah and now Gatti have surprised many to the point where it is as if Judah and Gatti lost the fights, rather than Baldomir winning them.

"Respect will come as I keep on winning," he said. "I wasn't angry when Judah still got the Mayweather fight after I beat him. As you keep winning people have to respect you eventually."

However, Roger Mayweather, who will be training nephew Floyd for the November fight despite serving a 12 month ban from actually working the Pretty Boy's corner, said that his fighter will certainly not be underestimating Baldomir.

"Baldomir is a real fighter," Mayweather told SecondsOut. "I don't care that people say he's big and strong - that don't mean nuthin' in boxing if you are skilled - but you have to respect what he's done this year. He beat Zab. No excuses, he beat him good. Then he knocked out Gatti, but then didn't do it as quick as Floyd did it (w rsf 6 the last year).

"But we will be preparing hard for this man. He's beaten two named fighters this year and that's the criteria we have for agreeing to fighting someone. You got two name fighters on your record - we take you seriously."

When asked whether that was the reason Team Mayweather elected to fight Baldomir rather than vocal WBO champion Antonio Margarito, Mayweather asked: "Can you spot two named fighters on that mother-f*****'s record?"

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha!!! The man's got a point.

As far as Baldo's concerned...he's a natural big bwoy & he may MAY give Mayweather a fight...I hope Floyd starches him though...even though I got respect for Baldo & what he's done...Floyd is still my guy!
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather on Margarito "Spot two name fighters on that mother-f*****'s reco

Baldimor is a good fight... Margarito is not... I'm sick to death of Floyd haters and their new found mouthy hero...

Floyd is A class, he is C class... I don't care how exciting he is to watch, or how much he runs his mouth, or how much you hate PBF...

He hasn't earned his shot like Baldimor has.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather on Margarito "Spot two name fighters on that mother-f*****'s reco

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    Baldimor is a good fight... Margarito is not... I'm sick to death of Floyd haters and their new found mouthy hero...

Floyd is A class, he is C class... I don't care how exciting he is to watch, or how much he runs his mouth, or how much you hate PBF...

I think Mayweather Baldomir was the correct fight. For Margarito the correct fight has got to be Paul Williams. If he can take out the 'The Punisher', and judgin by his performance against Sharmba I think he could knock him out that will give him some more bargaining power.

On the other hand though, I guess people would just say well who has Williams beat?

But still ,thats the best fight out there right now for Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather on Margarito "Spot two name fighters on that mother-f*****'s record!"

I wish that Baldomir kick Mayweather´s ass.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This was definitely the right fight for Floyd, he's fighting the welterweight champion of the world. Why should he face Margarito who is only a contender when he can fight & win the world championship? Floyd takes Baldomir to school.
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather on Margarito "Spot two name fighters on that mother-f*****'s record!"

I think Baldo is defintely the correct fight too. (even though i cant see him winning in a million years)

I like Floyds "new" critera for picking opponents.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i hope baldi catches him good. I really do.
    pbf is fast, and it will be tough for baldi..but i hope it happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with everyone here, this was the correct fight, and Baldi deserves his shot at the best before Margarito

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope that runner gets his butt kicked,

Hope he gets taught a good lesson for running for most his career.

I should kick his butt, that little muppet #@!!?#@!#@!!?#@!#@!!?#@!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB

bang on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

mayweather was right not to choose margarito. he's right. there are no name fighters on his record

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather fights and beats Margarito for 8 million everyone will be aware and exposed to the hype job he is and Mayweather will get nothing from it once it's exposed how not on the level Margarito is to Floyd.

He fights Baldomir for more and wins he's the recognized 147 pound champ.

hmm...
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If we all step away from PBF ..its easy to see that Baldomir deserves this match up more so than Margarito...

Baldomir is a stand up guy - and he's a blessing for the sport....good luck to him...

(still think PBF wins UD)
    You are the Creator of all that is, all that was, and all there ever will be.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito is merely the guy everyone WISHES would beat floyd. Same with gatti, he was the guy everyone HOPED would beat floyd. So to get their own hopes up they must hype up the guy they are supporting. Margarito would lose against mayweather, tko or ud. I dont like mayweathers attitude sometimes but i cant look away from the mans unbelievable skill.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When asked whether that was the reason Team Mayweather elected to fight Baldomir rather than vocal WBO champion Antonio Margarito, Mayweather asked: "Can you spot two named fighters on that mother-f*****'s record?"

Whats in name? Anyway?

But check this out and hear me out.
    OK...OK....OK......So when PBF elected to fight Sharmba Mitchelle, who had Mitchelle faught in order for PBF to fight him at 147? Here I'll tell you Chris Smith who was 19-1-1 thats who Mitchelle had faught, plus Mitchelle didn't bring shet! to the table.

Then PBF decides an already done with ZAB, who had just lost to Baldomir and WAS NO LONGER a champ in any way shape or form. But the IBF decided to leave the belt with the looser because the IBF didn't get their 'cut' of the pie.

So now a legit Welter whos been there almost his entire career who has a belt (better then NO belt like Mithchelle or a tarnished belt that ZAB brought into the fight) is ready to fight him and is calling him out can't get a shot. Please. Who had Manuel Gomez faught prior to Tony? Doesn't matter fact of the matter is he had earned a shot and Tony gave him one. As far as names on his record hes faught everyonr who has chosen to fight him, it's not his fault Mosley, Baldomir & ZAB didn't want to boogie. Hes just looking for what he deserves and thats a shot. Think if he aint shet! and all that you PBF lovers & Tony haters say he aint how is he ranked among the best and #2 (on average) in mostly EVERYBODYS Welter. list?

'nough said.

Thread Information