Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who Wins

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: roy jones junior vs. nigel benn What If ????

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default roy jones junior vs. nigel benn What If ????

i posted this on the ' if you could make one fight from any era...' topic and i thought that ive never seen this posted

well anways....who wins

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: roy jones junior vs. nigel benn What If ????

A prime Roy would frustate and probably stop Benn later on, didn't vote because Benn is a true warrior with a real pop and there is always the chance of him hurting Roy and taking it into the trenchs and KOing or TKOing him...

40-60 split in favour of Roy Jones Jr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    A prime Roy would frustate and probably stop Benn later on, didn't vote because Benn is a true warrior with a real pop and there is always the chance of him hurting Roy and taking it into the trenchs and KOing or TKOing him...

40-60 split in favour of Roy Jones Jr.

I said Rjj by ud but it thought the same thing but i think a prime roy would be light enough on his feet and use his evasity too make benn tired throwing shots over and over and missing. roy is a counterpuncher with fast hands so everytime benn threw the big left hook it think jones could pick him off with the jab. wouldnt be suprised if benn got badly cut or bruised, possibly causing a tko but then i thought benns got tremendous heart and i believe refs are less likely to stop a fighter like that because they know theres a chance of a ROCKY moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prime Roy Jones is a cut above Nige and im a big Nige fan! Roy Jones in truth tho would be too fast,agile,powerful for him and stop him late on. RJJ KO 9.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

RJJ KO 8.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally...I think Roy woulda handled him...& I voted KO...but thinking about it...prime for prime...Nigel wouldv'e been able to take his shots & it probably woulda been a UD for Jones instead.

Hopkins took Jones best shots...I have to think that Benn couldv'e.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When's the last time you saw Roy seriously engage with a guy with power? There's no way in hell he'd go in for the kill against Nigel Benn. 90% chance Roy would box his way to a UD, 10% chance Benn catches Roy and KOs him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Samson3000
    When's the last time you saw Roy seriously engage with a guy with power? There's no way in hell he'd go in for the kill against Nigel Benn. 90% chance Roy would box his way to a UD, 10% chance Benn catches Roy and KOs him.
    This is a prime, Middleweigh, Super Middleweight Roy And Roy didn't hit his prime till Light Heavyweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    This is a prime, Middleweigh, Super Middleweight Roy And Roy didn't hit his prime till Light Heavyweight
    I gotta agree with the Sugar Puss on this one, Samson3000.

Toney, Hopkins, Paz, Ruiz, Woods, & many others on Roy's record could crack & Roy engaged basically everyone that he fought...not to mention dominated pretty much everyone in front of him. He only seemed to have trouble after the weight jumping game with Ruiz...as far as him not engaging someone.

I think that it'd be a tuff night for Roy...but I don't...or I can't see him running from Benn.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    I gotta agree with the Sugar Puss on this one, Samson3000.

Toney, Hopkins, Paz, Ruiz, Woods, & many others on Roy's record could crack & Roy engaged basically everyone that he fought...not to mention dominated pretty much everyone in front of him. He only seemed to have trouble after the weight jumping game with Ruiz...as far as him not engaging someone.

I think that it'd be a tuff night for Roy...but I don't...or I can't see him running from Benn.
    Again I ask, when's the last time you saw Roy engage with someone with power? Clinton Woods and Vinny Pazienza have power? Don't quite think they're on Benn's level in that department. And Ruiz? Man that's a textbook definition of a boxing lesson, and again, Roy, being way ahead on all scorecards, didn't exactly go in for the kill did he? Toney and Hopkins fights only further prove my point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Again delusional fans trying to protect their favorites by declaring exactly when they hit their prime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Again I ask, when's the last time you saw Roy engage with someone with power? Clinton Woods and Vinny Pazienza have power? Don't quite think they're on Benn's level in that department. And Ruiz? Man that's a textbook definition of a boxing lesson, and again, Roy, being way ahead on all scorecards, didn't exactly go in for the kill did he? Toney and Hopkins fights only further prove my point.
    All those fighters had power & knockouts to prove it...I aint saying that theyr'e world beaters...but they weren't straw weight hitters either.

Again...I'm not saying that Roy would have ko's Benn...but if you think that Toney & Hopkins don't have power...you need to re think that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Benn's power > Toney's power

Benn's power > Hopkin's power

sorry, but that's just a fact man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Benn's power > Toney's power

Benn's power > Hopkin's power

sorry, but that's just a fact man.
    Benn 35 knockouts
    Hopkins 32 knockouts
    Toney 43 knockouts

Sorry...those are the facts too...man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Um, Toney also has more than 70 pro fights, and all of Hopkins KOs came as a middleweight. Good night!

Thread Information