Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default larry holmes--what do u think about him

i think he is an alltime great---however he kinda just seemed like a carbon copy of ali--mimicking him 2 the tooth. but he had that sharp jab--possibly the best jab in boxing history

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: larry holmes--what do u think about him

The most underated Heavyweight. IMO

ICB Guest

yea i really like him one of my favourtie heavyweights he had excellent jab good footwork great chin could take body shots had heart get up from knockdown and had great stamina only thing he didnt have prolly was power but i think hes power is underrated aswell

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    The most underated Heavyweight. IMO
    I think he's a jackass ...yeah he's an All-Time great but why? For beating Trevor Berbick Let's NOT forget he lost to Michael Spinks!!!

ICB Guest

jackass ?? he really won second fight against spinks commentators said so and lederman had holmes up by 3 rounds 2nd fight was a robbery 1st fight was close . he was 36 aswell bit past it and u say for beating berbick ?? he beat ken norton earnie shavers twice gerry cooney leon spinks ali even though he was well past it and he beat tim witherspoon and i dont care what anyone says witherspoon was decent fighter before he got fat

El Kabong Guest

I'm not doubting that he was good, I'm just saying he wasn't spectacular for the competition he fought...I mean not KO-ing Michael Spinks...please!

Holmes was good, he was boring as all hell and arrogant as a mother fucker though

In my opinion Foreman-Holmes would have been a HUGE beat down for Larry...because he did get rocked often and by some smaller guys too

ICB Guest

ill agree with that but if larry could get past first 4 rounds against foreman i fancy holmes to win because remember he had great chin and great heart get up from knockdown i think reason he didnt ko spinks because he was past it and plus spinks was moving alot and holmes wasnt really landing clean shots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very good boxer was Holmes, i never liked him however.

ICB Guest

could i just ask u guys something did u like ali ??

El Kabong Guest

He was a great fighter I don't care for him though

1) His constant talking trash paved the way for guys like James Toney whom I despise!

2) His political stance both on War and allying with "The Nation of Islam"

3) His questionable tactics, outstretched arm, holding, holding behind the neck, etc

And the thing I HATE about Ali is

4) The way he treated people of his own race, he called people Uncle Toms and so on and how the fuck do you think that made them feel? Fighting mentality aside at the end of the day boxers are supposed to be genbtlemen and Ali acted like a jackass

and after the 2nd Liston fight he was soooo fucking boring, Rumble in the Jungle my ass...it should have been called The Snoozefest in Budapest!

ICB Guest

yea i didnt really enjoy rumble in jungle foreman was swinging like an ape just missing all the time i still think there is something wrong about that fight because really if foreman would of won there would of been riots ect and prolly someone would of killed foreman i dont think foreman could win to be honest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yer i liked Ali's boxing dont get me wrong but as i person i never particularly liked him.

El Kabong Guest

True...had the fight happened here in the States Foreman would have crushed Ali.

You think about, the ropes, the cut, the postponement, the people hating Foreman, and so on you could tell he was going to lose.

I also hate the fact Ali ALWAYS got his way..."I want to fight in Africa"...well you aren't the fucking champ dumbass! The Champ choses the venue or at least has more say than the challenger

ICB Guest

totally agree

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle

and after the 2nd Liston fight he was soooo F****** boring, Rumble in the Jungle my a**...it should have been called The Snoozefest in Budapest!
    I am not sure that would have been a good strapline for a fight in Zaire ??
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information