Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PREDICTIONS (heavyweight fights)

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default PREDICTIONS (heavyweight fights)

Sam Peter-James Toney
    I see this unfolding as a pretty easy win for Toney. Sam will come out firing because James hasn't been tested by a true power puncher at heavyweight...Rahman tried to outbox him remember? Toney rolls with the punches and beats Peter by Decision

Nicolay Valuev-Monte Barrett
    Anytime Monte Barrett has stepped up he's been beat. Wlad - TKO 7 (down 5 times), Mesi - MD, Rahman - UD, Whittaker SD. Valuev should outbox Barrett easily...Monte doesn't press the action and neither does Valuev so I expect it to be a SLOW fight with valuev winning a decision.

Sergei Lyakhovich-Shannon Briggs
    I see the older, bum beating Briggs having a good time early maybe flooring Sergei but he tires out and Lyakhovich wins a decision.

Wladimir Klitschko-Calvin Brock
    Good match up, Brock is a jack of all trades but a master of none whereas Wlad is a MASTER power puncher and offensive machine. Brock has had his chin tested before (Jameel McCline) he got caught sort of off balance but he went down and a punch like that from Wlad will really hurt him. He has also been outboxed for prolonged periods of time (Zuri Lawrence) and I see Wlad dominating with the jab then going through his punch arsenal and having the fight stopped in the middle rounds. Wlad TKO 6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: PREDICTIONS (heavyweight fights)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Sam Peter-James Toney
    I see this unfolding as a pretty easy win for Toney. Sam will come out firing because James hasn't been tested by a true power puncher at heavyweight...Rahman tried to outbox him remember? Toney rolls with the punches and beats Peter by Decision

Anytime Monte Barrett has stepped up he's been beat. Wlad - TKO 7 (down 5 times), Mesi - MD, Rahman - UD, Whittaker SD. Valuev should outbox Barrett easily...Monte doesn't press the action and neither does Valuev so I expect it to be a SLOW fight with valuev winning a decision.

I see the older, bum beating Briggs having a good time early maybe flooring Sergei but he tires out and Lyakhovich wins a decision.

Good match up, Brock is a jack of all trades but a master of none whereas Wlad is a MASTER power puncher and offensive machine. Brock has had his chin tested before (Jameel McCline) he got caught sort of off balance but he went down and a punch like that from Wlad will really hurt him. He has also been outboxed for prolonged periods of time (Zuri Lawrence) and I see Wlad dominating with the jab then going through his punch arsenal and having the fight stopped in the middle rounds. Wlad TKO 6
    I say:
    1) Toney Wins.
    2) valuev wins
    3) Lyakovich Wins.
    4) Wladimir wins

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sam Peter-James Toney

Toney-Peter: I have a bit of a bad feeling about this one, James being fat and old but I'll predict a decision win for Toney although him getting KO'd honestly wouldn't surprise me, his body's breaking down. But Peter doesn't throw a lot of punches and I don't see Toney getting caught by a one punch at a time type of fighter.

Valuev-Barrett:Was thinking about going with the upset, but I'll pick Valuev by a boring decision. Donald "lost" to Valuev but outboxed him by making him lumber forward and countering him, and I think Barrett might be succesful at times but he doesn't seem to be able to step it up, maybe I'm letting the Rahman snoozer influence me too much.

Lyakhovich-Briggs:I don't care how good Briggs looks against journeyman, I can't shake the memory of how crappy he looked the last time he stepped up against the most terrified man in boxing, Jameel McCline. Lyakhovich late stoppage or UD

Wlad-Brock: Although I'd freaking love it if the venerable "Master" got KTFO, Brock's just solid, nothing really stands out, I'll be rooting for him but I don't think he has the tools to beat Wlad. Late Stoppage Wlad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

funny we all agree completely. Would be surprised if we were not 100% accurate. If I were a millionaire I would place $200K on each of those calls.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

agree with all except Toney-Peter, have a feeling Peter might cause
    a bit of an upset here! gonna be a great fight though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by plinden
    funny we all agree completely. Would be surprised if we were not 100% accurate. If I were a millionaire I would place $200K on each of those calls.
    might lose on the Toney fight.....
    It feels good to be back home.

El Kabong Guest

....I highly doubt it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Toney UD.
    Valeuv UD.
    Briggs stoppage.
    Wlad KO.

El Kabong Guest

I don't think Briggs can stop Sergei but for some reason I can see that being the most viable option for an upset

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

....I highly doubt it
    I am just throwing that out there because you and I both know that Toney is not a true HW....and Peter hits harder than anyone Toney has ever faced..IMO..

El Kabong Guest

Yes but the punches Sam throws are exactly what James wants to see

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes but the punches Sam throws are exactly what James wants to see
    True wide and looping...but what if...and it's a big IF...Peter actully throws and lands a solid punch?.....

El Kabong Guest

I'm going to say if and WHEN he does it'll be on the back of Toney's head and James will go down but fight back stronger than ever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm going to say if and WHEN he does it'll be on the back of Toney's head and James will go down but fight back stronger than ever
    yeah..James is going to test Peter's heart...and that might be the one thing that Peter lacks over Toney..

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Got to agree with the majority of the posters here tony wins in a rather easy fight, peter doesn't have skill but just throws looping wide unaimed punches.Valuev ud in a snoozefest. Lychkovich outlasts briggs and gets a late stopage or ud, and wlad removes that 0 from Brock's resume rather easily.

Thread Information