Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAB says no to Reyes gloves......

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default MAB says no to Reyes gloves......

http://forums.doghouseboxing.com/ind...pic=74609&st=0

I just seen a new Rocky Juarez interview on a new TV channel I got called the Fight Network. Rocky talked about the first fight, what he needs to do in the second fight ect. But then he mentioned he's pissed and confused that Barrera is forcing him this time to not wear Reyes gloves, even after he was allowed to wear them the first time. He says Barrera's team wants both fighters to wear Everlast this time, probually cause of how much Barrera felt his power while wearing the Reyes gloves that Corrales,Pacquiao and almost every puncher without hand problems likes wearing. Rocky said he won't pull out of the fight cause of this glove issue, but he really wishes he could use the gloves he always does

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: MAB says no to Reyes gloves......

Not the greatest of signs from a mabfans perspective but Holyfield forced Lewis to wear pillows in the rematch so I supose its sensible for fighters to give themselves any advantage they can . This displays Marcos mindset that he himslef isnt looking for a K.O and is more concerend with Rockys power. Maybe im readig too much into it but it looks like Barreras guna put on a masterclass shut out

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME
    Not the greatest of signs from a mabfans perspective but Holyfield forced Lewis to wear pillows in the rematch so I supose its sensible for fighters to give themselves any advantage they can . This displays Marcos mindset that he himslef isnt looking for a K.O and is more concerend with Rockys power. Maybe im readig too much into it but it looks like Barreras guna put on a masterclass shut out
    I'm dissappointed regardless of whether it was MAB's decision or Golden Boy's decision.I do expect him to win via a masterclass and if it is anything else,I'd be surprised and would advise him to stay away from Pacman. Secondly,if he was to fight Pacman the second fight,you know Pac would want to wear his Reyes gloves,so MAB would be in trouble,I see this move as a way of saying he can't go to war anymore,bad sign if you want to fight Manny.(wish MAB was still young now,I'd favour him over nearly EVERYONE at the weight as he could box and go to war.)
    I was surprised by how MAB was pushed by a very limited Juarez who can be easily outboxed via a jab and pushing him on the back foot.I expect better this time,don't you GAME bro/?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    I'm dissappointed regardless of whether it was MAB's decision or Golden Boy's decision.I do expect him to win via a masterclass and if it is anything else,I'd be surprised and would advise him to stay away from Pacman. Secondly,if he was to fight Pacman the second fight,you know Pac would want to wear his Reyes gloves,so MAB would be in trouble,I see this move as a way of saying he can't go to war anymore,bad sign if you want to fight Manny.(wish MAB was still young now,I'd favour him over nearly EVERYONE at the weight as he could box and go to war.)
    I was surprised by how MAB was pushed by a very limited Juarez who can be easily outboxed via a jab and pushing him on the back foot.I expect better this time,don't you GAME bro/?
    Yeah I pretty much agree with everything you say CC but im still clinging onto the hope he'l beat pacman with superior boxing and it wont be the all out war people expect .

Anyways thats in the future ( possibly ) and Juarez may change those plans cuz he has a very serious chance based on his performance in the 1st fight . Iput that down to blood from the nose of Barrera which effected his breathing and made him look knackered . Also he wanted to box casually and wasnt mentally ( perhaps even physically ) prepared for a war . If he was thinking it was guna be another 1 paced fight like Pedan then he'l know better this time but Juarez in comparriosson with Pac is fairly 1 paced himself . He didnt exactly take advantage like he could have and go all out .

I think Mab even on a bad night had his number with better skills and next time when he starts out hel be more focused . This will make the difference IMO . Rocky will come out looking to increase his workload but Barrera whos better in returns will have it all worked out and box impecably to a plan . Its got distance fight written over it as I saw nothing from the 1st fight to suggest Marco can knock him out . Hel be on his game and although he lacks the stamina of the 122 lb version he'l pace / ration his work and look good doing it . Barrera UD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with you again bro,I believe that the slightly lackluster performance(by MAB'S high standards)was due to the factors you mentioned PLUS the fact that he thought he was fighting Chavez for the title right? He would have made some sort of history,maybe he was deflated and found it difficult to become motivated?
    I agree,I think Juarez has really really heavy hands considering the damage he did with such relatively low activityl levels but he is 1 dimensional to me..I think a Humberto Soto type approach from MAB(using the jab,backing him up)will lead to an easy UD.And if it does not,I think MAB needs to think very carefully about his future because Juarez is no Manny.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Juarez is no Manny.
    Saying that , how do you see Manny vs Juarez ? I wouldnt be surprised to see Juarez K.o Manny

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Juarez is no Manny.
    Saying that , how do you see Manny vs Juarez ? I wouldnt be surprised to see Juarez K.o Manny
    Hmm,would be a great fight and Juarez would certainly make life difficult for Pacman as styles make fights,it would make for a great war but I think Manny's energy would wear Juarez down.I can see Juarez hurting him but he is just not active enough for me.I could be wrong and as he has such heavy hands,if they developed a jab,more body work,who knows??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

but we all know MAB and Morales both look for shit to whine about especially when they're not dominating - nothing out of the blue here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by raleights
    but we all know MAB and Morales both look for S*** to whine about especially when they're not dominating - nothing out of the blue here
    What a shady move by MAB and par for the course..

Thats like saying" Dude I know our race was to close to call last time so ok, We'll do it again...Only if you unplug one of your sparkplug wires on your car though"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think it was a move instigated by MAB,I find that hard to believe,I think it was more of a promotional decision?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wow, that dosen't sound like barrera, I think its more of a golden boy thing than barrera, regardless I still think Rocky wins this one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by aangel
    wow, that dosen't sound like barrera, I think its more of a golden boy thing than barrera, regardless I still think Rocky wins this one.
    Reasons for that bro?JuST Curious! Man I'm so excited about this fight and the whole undercard!! Should be awesome!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Reasons for that bro?JuST Curious! Man I'm so excited about this fight and the whole undercard!! Should be awesome!!!!
    I think MAB's managment wants Juarez to use the everlast not MAB, himself, I think Rocky will win cuz he is younger and MAB seemed to fade late in their first fight, if rocky was hungrier he could have taken it, but Barrera was very determined not to loose,I know this will be a close fight but I favor Rocky to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think your giving Rocky Juarez enough credit. I'm a huge MAB fan and even before he took the first fight I knew it would be a very dangerous fight. Juarez is a talent that has yet to be exposed and was mostly known as a good fighter in Texas and with in the Hispanic community so for you to doubt him doesn't surprise me. I do think that MAB not allowing the Reyes gloves is a shady move or maybe a mental ploy. (FYI, I doubt he can pull this glove move off against Pacman) Regardless, he was surprised when he felt Juarez's power in the first fight and will have even more in suprise now that Juarez knows he can fight with MAB. Not that Juarez never thought he could fight MAB but Juarez as a Mexican-American fighter like all Mexicans look up to MAB as a boxing icon that he is just like JC Chavez. Now that Juarez experienced one fight with the Mexican legend his confidence, hunger and power will be difficult for MAB to overcome at his age. I have a feeling this one will be great and may the best fighter win!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think MAB's managment wants Juarez to use the everlast not MAB, himself, I think Rocky will win cuz he is younger and MAB seemed to fade late in their first fight, if rocky was hungrier he could have taken it, but Barrera was very determined not to loose,I know this will be a close fight but I favor Rocky to win.
    fair enough,valid points. I just expect MAB to be better whereas I think we have seen the best of Rocky.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi
    I don't think your giving Rocky Juarez enough credit. I'm a huge MAB fan and even before he took the first fight I knew it would be a very dangerous fight. Juarez is a talent that has yet to be exposed and was mostly know as a good fighter in Texas and with in the Hispanic community so for you to doubt him doesn't suprise me. I do think that MAB not allowing the Reyes gloves is a shady move or maybe a mental ploy. (FYI, I doubt he can pull this glove move off against Pacman) Regardless, he was surprised when he felt Juarez's power in the first fight and will have even more in suprise now that Juarez knows he can fight with MAB. Not that Juarez never thought he could fight MAB but Juarez as a Mexican-American fighter like all Mexicans look up to MAB as a boxing icon that he is just like JC Chavez. Now that Juarez experienced one fight with the Mexican legend his confidence, hunger and power will be difficult for MAB to overcome at his age. I have a feeling this one will be great and may the best fighter win!
    I'll take credit for this as I wrote it,not GAME.I certainly give Rocky credit for his performance but I looked at it from both perspectives and also,after seeing Soto really beat on Rocky,he was awesome against MAB whereas being an avid MAB fan,I know he can do better. Soto backed Juarez up with a jab in his face and won easily imo,by 4 rounds at least,and althought I have yet to see it,I have heard Zahir Raheem was totally robbed against Rocky,another boxer.
    Don't get me wrong,I have seen plenty of his fights,and think he has power,very heavy handed and agressive but I don't see body work,I don't see jabs or anything like that,mainly head hunting and he seemed confused when Soto was jabbing him,his corner was telling him to go the body like they planned but he was just head hunting.
    I agree though bro,it will be a great fight and the best fighter will win,setting up a potential match with Manny or Erik! What a division?!?!

Thread Information