Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peter Toney Press conference, James looks cut..I think Peter is in trouble

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Peter Toney Press conference, James looks cut..I think Peter is in trouble

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...lTkvejJUA.html
    http://www.fightnews.com/tonypeter1.jpg

PETER TONEY PRESS CONFERENCE

Compared to the turbulent press events leading up to the fight, Wednesday's pre-fight press conference was a sea on tranquility as far as James Toney and Sam Peter were concerned. The SHOWTIME-televised fight takes place Saturday night at Staples Center in Los Angeles. The bout is a WBC heavyweight eliminator, as well as for the NABF and IBA belts. Peter was very brief in his comments. "Everybody should come out on Saturday and watch a great fight....enough respect!" he proclaimed. Toney stated, "All the talkin' that's been going on the last couple of months is going to cease and desist Saturday night because I'm going to be right there. I'm not going nowhere. That's how I fight. I'm a real fighter -- something you ain't used to. Toney closed with "I'm the only heavyweight champion out there. The other four don't even count."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It was the event's organizers issuing the biting comments. In regard to Peter's promoter Dino Duva, Toney's promoter Dan Goossen stated "I don't like him right now. I'm sure he doesn't like me. I'm not going to do the right thing for him, I'm saying that publicly." Duva quipped, "Thank you Dan. I never liked you." Ivalyo Gotzev (Peter's manager) said "If it was up the promoters, I believe this fight would have never happened. It happened because of the two warriors involved." Gotzev claimed after Peter agreed to fight Toney, promoters Duva, Goossen and Don King all rejected the fight. Goossen objected to this saying "I don't want lies out there." Gotzev continued saying that he went to Toney's gym and met Toney advisor John Arthur to get the fight done. "I've got to give James Toney personally credit for taking the fight when his own promoter didn't want to make it." Goossen responded, "I appreciate Ivalyo making sure this fight happened because it's exactly what we wanted."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Freddie Roach implied that Peter is a dirty fighter. "Peter's best punch is the overhand right to the back of the head. That's what he's knocked most of his opponents out with and I'm glad we have a strong referee (Raul Caiz Sr.) and a strong commission to not let that illegal blow go....that's all I'm worried about." Toney and Peter faced off for photographers without incident.
    Earlier, both IBF featherweight champion Eric Aiken and Robert Guerrero promised victory. Aiken, who goes by the moniker "Mighty Mouse," was somewhat peeved when Goossen (who promotes Guerrero) introduced him as "Mickey Mouse." Goossen said it was a slip. Goossen said he expects a big crowd despite the holiday weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Peter Toney Press conference, James looks cut..I think Peter is in trouble

yeah very trim!!!............Not hehe srry bro kind of look the same to me but hey lets see the weight in i might be wrong.

Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Peter Toney Press conference, James looks cut..I think Peter is in trouble

wow. Toney does look ready for war.

Man, Samuel looks scary, the guy looks like a gangster hitman
    the mans huge.

Toney is gonna whoop him though. I have seen almost all of toneys fights, true great, But samuel will pose a threat power wise. Dont forget Toney has a heavyweight head/chin, he will take and give back double!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Toney looking cut.....but what is he going to look like when he breathes out

The only difference I see is Toney looking slightly better after shaving off that horrible goatee, which was going very grey. Let's face it, Toney is getting on, and his reflexes must be waning, and it is all a matter of how much speed and movement he still has, and whether he can stay out of range of Peter's massive hits.

Heart says Peter, head says that Toney will still be too good at the grand old age of 38.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Toney looking cut?
    yeah right lol

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who is that guy on the right hand side of the top picture? :P

I seem to remember him from somewhere...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    Who is that guy on the right hand side of the top picture? :P

I seem to remember him from somewhere...
    The Muffin Man!
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Toney looking cut.....but what is he going to look like when he breathes out

The only difference I see is Toney looking slightly better after shaving off that horrible goatee, which was going very grey. Let's face it, Toney is getting on, and his reflexes must be waning, and it is all a matter of how much speed and movement he still has, and whether he can stay out of range of Peter's massive hits.

Heart says Peter, head says that Toney will still be too good at the grand old age of 38.
    I dont know man you cant suck your neck and face fat in.....Dramatic weight loss or gain is usually indicative in those 2 areas it is apparent James is at or close to the shape he needs to be to contend with Peter...

I'm not advocating he will step on the Mr.Olympia stage and win a trophy but I'm confident he will be right were he needs to be with the weight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    Toney looking cut?
    yeah right lol
    yeah...you could see right through his suit and see for yourself.....what...you say you don't have x-ray vision?....well let me reassure you then....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this fight really comes down to body work. If Peter goes to the body, which I have never seen him do, he can break Toney down. If he headhunts and misses wildly and gets countered consistently he will lose. Hope Peter fights a smart fight.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by luvfightgame
    I think this fight really comes down to body work. If Peter goes to the body, which I have never seen him do, he can break Toney down. If he headhunts and misses wildly and gets countered consistently he will lose. Hope Peter fights a smart fight.
    I hope Peter fights a smart fight too. I wanna see Toney taken to the limits.....but still come through...

Might show what kinda hunger he still really has for it all....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    I hope Peter fights a smart fight too. I wanna see Toney taken to the limits.....but still come through...

He's definitely hungry . . . .

Seriously though, Toney hasn't looked "cut" since 168. He looked flabby at Cruiser. I don't think he needs to have a great physique to win though--as long as he's in slightly better cardio shape than he was against Rahman (breathing through the mouth very early on), he'll be fine. And I can't imagine Peter doing anything but headhunting, but we'll see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some nice ring work by Toney from MaxBoxing....it's worth watching the whole thing just to hear Toney speak at the end...pure James Toney, great stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM0MsURLAuA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Peter is simply to large and poweful for James Toney. I dont see Toney standing much of a chance, I mean honestly Peter wont even have to land that many clean shots on Toney. Toney may have incredible defense but hes never steped in with power as huge as Peters. If Peter plays this smart he will punch Toney anywhere he can, arm, elbow, manboobs. Toney wont be able to expose his belly and take shots from Peter.

Samuel Peter by TKO by round 8.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles

could happen...but Peter might take him out.....
    It feels good to be back home.

Thread Information