who wins this one ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: JACK DEMPSEY VS ROCKY MARCIANO

I have to go with Marciano even though I am a bigger Dempsy fan..IMO Marciano fought a worse caliber of opp but not his fault his era was filled with no hopers and guys past their prime...He hit the deck a bunch but the guy was tough and never stopped...IMO the factor would be the gloves they used...Rock had the tendacy to cut so the lighter gloves used in Dempsys era might have left him a bloody mess....Hard pick..Both pretty even in size and strength...I just think Rock had a little more gusto if you know what I mean....Then again Dempsy was knocked out of the ring and came back to win...So I go with Dempsy..NO Rock...Damn Ice this is a tough one......CC from me for coming up with it............

Toss of the coin if you ask me
    Thats my Final Answer
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

ICB Guest

cc to u aswell mate yea very tough match up would be hell of slugfest would be down to who wants it more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rocky stoppage very late tho 12/13th round if were talking 15 rounders here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have some old video footage off Dempsy and he looked to be a mad man in the ring and really meen so funny I think it is the toney fight where he knock him down loads,and no going back to you corner in them days...crazy and brutal to watch....

ICB Guest

u mean willard fight where he knocks him down 7 times ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    u mean willard fight where he knocks him down 7 times ??
    Yes Ice Cold that is the one forgot exactly who it is cos been years since watched it,looked really really rough and brutal Demsey looked really hard in that one,got to be one of the roughest fights ever...As for a prediction I think I would go for Dempsey 6th round knockout...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    I have to go with Marciano even though I am a bigger Dempsy fan..IMO Marciano fought a worse caliber of opp but not his fault his era was filled with no hopers and guys past their prime...He hit the deck a bunch but the guy was tough and never stopped...IMO the factor would be the gloves they used...Rock had the tendacy to cut so the lighter gloves used in Dempsys era might have left him a bloody mess....Hard pick..Both pretty even in size and strength...I just think Rock had a little more gusto if you know what I mean....Then again Dempsy was knocked out of the ring and came back to win...So I go with Dempsy..NO Rock...Damn Ice this is a tough one......CC from me for coming up with it............

Thats my Final Answer
    dempsey had worse opposition-the fighter that actually had skill who dempsey fought was gene tunney.....and he lost 2x, other than that dempsey fought very weak opp. marciano atleast beat, charles, walcott, and moore who were much better than any of the oppositon dempsey had--charles was a much better fighter than tunney as well

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

rocky wins by ko in 13

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by undefeated

Thats my Final Answer
    dempsey had worse opposition-the fighter that actually had skill who dempsey fought was gene tunney.....and he lost 2x, other than that dempsey fought very weak opp. marciano atleast beat, charles, walcott, and moore who were much better than any of the oppositon dempsey had--charles was a much better fighter than tunney as well
    CC. Right on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by undefeated

Thats my Final Answer
    Well done I might disagree that Charles was better than Tunney but overall Marciano certainly fought more skilled opposition...

ICB Guest

he shouldnt of lost to tunney twice really though because that long count was about 17 seconds

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he shouldnt of lost to tunney twice really though because that long count was about 17 seconds
    So what all he had to do was go back to his corner, by not doing that he was basically letting Tunney up because he thought he could finish him... But he couldn't, at all.

ICB Guest

its because rules had only just been made and he was used to standing over opponent it was natrual to him i suppose

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    So what all he had to do was go back to his corner, by not doing that he was basically letting Tunney up because he thought he could finish him... But he couldn't, at all.
    well dempsey was used to hanging around when the fighter was knocked down, back then there wasn't a rule stipulating that the standing fighter had to go to a neutral corner, the rule came much later on and the 2nd tunney fight was the first fight dempsey fought in which the rule was applicable so was pretty much acting out of instinct and it cost him dearly
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Thread Information