Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Margarito v Tszyu?!?!?

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...VyOZVgPFn.html

Margarito vs Tszyu?

Tuesday, September 5 2006

Former world champion Kostya Tszyu is quoted in the Russian media as saying "My people are carrying on preliminary negotiations with Antonio Margarito." Tszyu, who turns 37 this month, said talk of a ring return is premature at this point, but he wants a meaningful reason to return to the ring although he hasn't yet made a final decision on whether or not he'll fight again.

People want a name,regardless of age etc,Kostya is a big big name....and I have also heard Tony's camp are talking to mOSLEY!!! Make these fwooking matches happen Arum!! I think Margarito is too big and strong for KT and the pressure would be too much for him,although you can never count him out.

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: Margarito v Tszyu?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

It's not fair! Life is not fair!
    The bible says that Noah lived for nearly 900 years and our asses get old at 40.
    God Darn it!
    We have been robbed!

Although I would love to see Costa Jew fight, I just think age is a factor and going up against Tony would be suicide. If Ricky Hatton made him sit it out, Tony would sit him down fo' sho'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WHOA? COOL CLICK bro if this shiiiiiiiiiit is true then thats gonna be pretty insane! hmmmmmm well ill tell u this much a prime KT would school Tony, but we obviously arent dealing with a prime KT which makes this bout even more interesting. KT has been out for a min so the lay off will play a huge mother factor in this. did we have a potential date set up for this match up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tszyu would get beaten in a bad bad way. Tszyu needs room to hit you with his right and doesn't like to be hammered on from close quarters. Margarito isn't a better fighter but his size would be too much for Tszyu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    WHOA? COOL CLICK bro if this shiiiiiiiiiit is true then thats gonna be pretty insane! hmmmmmm well ill tell u this much a prime KT would school Tony, but we obviously arent dealing with a prime KT which makes this bout even more interesting. KT has been out for a min so the lay off will play a huge mother factor in this. did we have a potential date set up for this match up?
    CC back bro,it would be huge but it's at the preliminary stage! Arum needs to make a big $$$$$ offer to KT to come back! It would be at 147,Margarito has the style to beat Tszyu in my opinion. I don't know about a prime Tszyu beating Margarito,Tony's going to smother KT,outwork him,he won't be able to let that rocket right hand go!

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    Tszyu would get beaten in a bad bad way. Tszyu needs room to hit you with his right and doesn't like to be hammered on from close quarters. Margarito isn't a better fighter but his size would be too much for Tszyu
    Dam right,CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    CC back bro,it would be huge but it's at the preliminary stage! Arum needs to make a big $$$$$ offer to KT to come back! It would be at 147,Margarito has the style to beat Tszyu in my opinion. I don't know about a prime Tszyu beating Margarito,Tony's going to smother KT,outwork him,he won't be able to let that rocket right hand go!

Dam right,CC.
    LOL Its funny, let me remind you..tszyu has a rocket right hand but he also is very skillful when he wants to be. Forget hatton, i think that was a combination of bullshit and kostya may of been under estimating him. I think kostya could outbox margarito coz margarito is god damn slow. Wheres all this most feared fighter bullshit now, a guy who has been out for over a year...sorry not guy, a legend is talking about fighting him for a comeback. Ive said it before and ill say it again TSZYU FEARS NO MAN AND DUCKS NOBODY!
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Atm i think Margarito would be a tad too much for Tszyu, but a prime Tszyu would school Margarito easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this will be a interesting fight. i wanna see it

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kostya was a great fighter, but at his age and with the break he's had, I just think Margarito would be too much now.

He would put up a brave effort, but I dont think he would succeed...

Good luck to him if he goes ahead with it though, could be a mistake though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Kostya was a great fighter, but at his age and with the break he's had, I just think Margarito would be too much now.

He would put up a brave effort, but I dont think he would succeed...

Good luck to him if he goes ahead with it though, could be a mistake though...
    Yeah i agree with that. But he will always be able to say he fought the best.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Kostya does decide to take this fight,I'll respect him a million times more,than I do now(which is ALOT anyway)for having the balls to step into the ring with the baddest WW on the planet,and for not asking who has he fought etc etc. A real man,wanting to prove he is the best by fighting the best,the threats and the dangermen.

However,I don't see Kostya outboxing Tony,what is he going to do,jab and move? No,Kostya will attempt to land that right hand but I think Margarita can take it and I just think he will overwhelm Tszyu. Even in his prime,he may have been more skilled but Tony has that swarming style to beat on Kostya like Phillips did and like Hatton too.

Whatever happens,it would be a great great fight and one (if I brought PPV) would EASILY shell out $50 for!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tsyzu's probably a bit too past it but its a better style matchup for him than Hatton. Tsyzu needs room to throw the right hand, Hatton got inside and stayed there and his shorter punches were better suited for smothering KT. Margarito's a pressure fighter but he needs room to punch too, he's got those long arms and those long rangy shots, KT will have more room to work in this fight than he would versus Hatton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey

Dam right,CC.
    LOL Its funny, let me remind you..tszyu has a rocket right hand but he also is very skillful when he wants to be. Forget hatton, i think that was a combination of bullshit and kostya may of been under estimating him. I think kostya could outbox margarito coz margarito is god damn slow. Wheres all this most feared fighter bullshit now, a guy who has been out for over a year...sorry not guy, a legend is talking about fighting him for a comeback. Ive said it before and ill say it again TSZYU FEARS NO MAN AND DUCKS NOBODY!
    Agreed! CC! The man that everyone is ducking, including Mayweather, and Tszyu is contemplating a piece of that action. You spot-on in your assessment of Margarito being slow. I think even a 37 year old Tszyu has the speed and power to take him out. Of course, if it turns into a pathetic Hatton like display of elbow throwing and fouling, it may get a bit ugly.
    "et ignotas animum dimittit in artes naturamque nouat" Ovid's Metamorphoses

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...VyOZVgPFn.html

Margarito vs Tszyu?

Tuesday, September 5 2006

Former world champion Kostya Tszyu is quoted in the Russian media as saying "My people are carrying on preliminary negotiations with Antonio Margarito." Tszyu, who turns 37 this month, said talk of a ring return is premature at this point, but he wants a meaningful reason to return to the ring although he hasn't yet made a final decision on whether or not he'll fight again.

People want a name,regardless of age etc,Kostya is a big big name....and I have also heard Tony's camp are talking to mOSLEY!!! Make these fwooking matches happen Arum!! I think Margarito is too big and strong for KT and the pressure would be too much for him,although you can never count him out.

cc for the info, but this match is garbage.

tszyu is not a welter, he is very old for that weight class, and he is coming off what should be a career ending loss.

a victory shouldnt mean anything to even the most diehard margarito fan

shame on margarito if he takes this match over a showdown with a very hungry, and willing to fight paul williams

talk about cherry picking your opponents

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't say it's garbage, Tszyu is a far better fighter than anyone Tony has fought thus far and from Margaritos side this is exactly the kind of name opponent he needs to gain some attention.. Whether or not Tszyu has much left or enough left to even make this a good fight Im not sure but he could definetly answer some questions on Tony even if he can't win.. Also what makes Paul Williams a more logical choice, nobody knows who he is, the only name of his record is one that KT beat even worse when Sharmba was on top of his game at that point..

Thread Information