Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jones Jr/Toney on McClellan (and Benn/Eubank)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jones Jr/Toney on McClellan (and Benn/Eubank)

(copied and pasted from another forum)

RJJ: "Yeah, McClellan would be interesting. He hits harder than anyone else."

Q: "You think he'll beat Nigel Benn in London?"

RJJ: "Yeah, I think McClellan beats Benn. But, maybe, just maybe, its gonna be tighter than some people expect. Nigel's a real warrior, he can still bang abit-and I think McClellans jaw is kind of suspect when he gets tagged..."

Q: "But can Benns own chin absorb too many McClellan punches?"

RJJ: "No, probably not. Eventualy, Benn will go..."

Q: "Which will leave McClellan calling even louder for you..."

RJJ: "Sure, he knows that I'm the guy who'll earn him some real money."

Q: "What do you think of him outside the ring ?"

RJJ: "I like Gerald McClellan - he's an okay sort of guy. He's quieter than Toney. He also likes big dogs. We've known each other for a long time..."

Q: "What happened when you fought - back in the amateurs, when he beat you?"

RJJ: "Well, i dont worry about that. It was just before the Olympics.I was already set for a spot on the team and the selection committee were determined that the other place was gonna go to Ray McElroy. So in the National Golden Gloves i fought Gerald in the semis and they gave him a 3-2 decision. Then they gifted the decision to McElroy in the final. That's amateur politics. So I just said to Gerald after we fought, 'Okay, good fight, we'll do it again one day'...

Q: "Did he have alot of power-even then?"

RJJ: "Oh yeah-he's always had alot of power. He hits real hard. But Id fight him just the same as I fought Toney. I wont just be standing there waiting to be hit. i'll move, I'll give him all kinds of cute angles, i'll give him a sample of my own strength. He cant soak up the kind of punches I throw. I think he'd go four, maybe five rounds and then he'd be knocked out."

Q: "But McClellan seems to believe that he's the best guy out there..."

RJJ: "Yes, its interesting. I reckon he really does think he can beat me. But then so did James Toney. Those guys have their self-belief-thats what makes them the best guys to fight against. But, I dont see no problem with Gerald McClellan-hes just another fighter Ill beat. Sure, Gerald McClellans a good boxer. Sure, Gerald McClellan can knock anybody out. But, after four rounds, Roy Jones kills Gerald McClellan. The guy I might have a problem with is Eubank, Chris is scarier to me, he admits id be a handful for him and i dont like that attitude, i prefer the over-confident type. Eubanks aint as arrogant as its percieved..."

Q: "People say your unorthodox, but Eubank probably has the most unorthodox style out there doesn't he?"

RJJ: "I know before the fight how to beat Gerald McClellan, but i wont know how to beat Chris Eubank until during the fight! Ive already worked out how to beat McClellan, but with Chris Eubank i think id have to work it out during the fight. He says id bring the best out of him and thats a scarey thought, because he usually fights about 50% of what he can do, he holds back so much because as long as his pay cheques keep coming in thats all he cares for really. What's even scarier though is he'd bring the best out of me, like Gerald McClellan would. Eubank's the big pay day but also the guy i might have a problem with, he does hate the game but the thing is the guys got alot of pride. i still dont know if he'd take the fight because he wants to retire undefeated and get one up on boxing. If he fought me, he knows he wont be retiring with his wealth and health intact, cos even if he remained undefeated his health wouldn't be intact."

James Toney....

JT: "Nigel was knocked out in the first round. Gerald whipped his ass but the ref gave him so much time to recover. If that didnt happen, Gerald wouldnt be in the position hes in today. Gerald and me would've had a superfight."

Q: "Were you a friend of Gerald?"

JT: "No, never. Me and Gerald never got along. Im sad what happened to him. I feel for the man. But I gotta say that i never liked Gerald. He used to say he beat my ass in the gym at Kronk. That aint true! I was the one who was staying close to him and firing back more, he didnt like it up close and personal. Ive got the video tapes to prove it. When we get home i'll dig them out and i'll show you how I mastered Gerald McClellan!"

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Jones Jr/Toney on McClellan (and Benn/Eubank)

Toney-G-Man would have been bad as hell!!!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At least Toney is honest, saying he never liked McClellan.

I con't stand all these bandwagon jumpers who appear to be someone's closest friend or top admirer once they are dead.

Bit like that shouty animal-botherer, Steve Irwin really. I didn't know him, did not really watch his programmes so I could not really care that he's dead.

.... got lots of sc's for saying so in another thread

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd love to see that sparring footage!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X

I con't stand all these bandwagon jumpers who appear to be someone's closest friend or top admirer once they are dead.

Bit like that shouty animal-botherer, Steve Irwin really. I didn't know him, did not really watch his programmes so I could not really care that he's dead.

Yeah but doesn't it make you sad to know that certain people out there truely believe one way of getting back at you for saying what ya feel, is to sad click? It's a whole new level of loser we're dealing with

Had to drop the blue text bomb on this one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes but who does Toney like?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Giving someone a bit of respect when they die is hardly jumping on a bandwagon. Surely it doesn't matter that YOU didn't know Steve Irwin personally, he was an Australian national icon, a huge star around the world, loved by millions and a great spokesperson for conservation and animal welfare issues.

To say you couldn't care less whether he's dead or not doesn't make you sound honest like you are keeping it real, it merely makes you sound like a kunt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've read that Manny Steward has the tape of Jones Jr and McClellan fighting in the ams, and Roy Jones Sr has the tape of Jones Jr and Sugar Ray Leonard sparring!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by WWatt
    (copied and pasted from another forum)

RJJ: "Yeah, McClellan would be interesting. He hits harder than anyone else."

Q: "You think he'll beat Nigel Benn in London?"

RJJ: "Yeah, I think McClellan beats Benn. But, maybe, just maybe, its gonna be tighter than some people expect. Nigel's a real warrior, he can still bang abit-and I think McClellans jaw is kind of suspect when he gets tagged..."

Q: "But can Benns own chin absorb too many McClellan punches?"

RJJ: "No, probably not. Eventualy, Benn will go..."

Q: "Which will leave McClellan calling even louder for you..."

RJJ: "Sure, he knows that I'm the guy who'll earn him some real money."

Q: "What do you think of him outside the ring ?"

RJJ: "I like Gerald McClellan - he's an okay sort of guy. He's quieter than Toney. He also likes big dogs. We've known each other for a long time..."

Q: "What happened when you fought - back in the amateurs, when he beat you?"

RJJ: "Well, i dont worry about that. It was just before the Olympics.I was already set for a spot on the team and the selection committee were determined that the other place was gonna go to Ray McElroy. So in the National Golden Gloves i fought Gerald in the semis and they gave him a 3-2 decision. Then they gifted the decision to McElroy in the final. That's amateur politics. So I just said to Gerald after we fought, 'Okay, good fight, we'll do it again one day'...

Q: "Did he have alot of power-even then?"

RJJ: "Oh yeah-he's always had alot of power. He hits real hard. But Id fight him just the same as I fought Toney. I wont just be standing there waiting to be hit. i'll move, I'll give him all kinds of cute angles, i'll give him a sample of my own strength. He cant soak up the kind of punches I throw. I think he'd go four, maybe five rounds and then he'd be knocked out."

Q: "But McClellan seems to believe that he's the best guy out there..."

RJJ: "Yes, its interesting. I reckon he really does think he can beat me. But then so did James Toney. Those guys have their self-belief-thats what makes them the best guys to fight against. But, I dont see no problem with Gerald McClellan-hes just another fighter Ill beat. Sure, Gerald McClellans a good boxer. Sure, Gerald McClellan can knock anybody out. But, after four rounds, Roy Jones kills Gerald McClellan. The guy I might have a problem with is Eubank, Chris is scarier to me, he admits id be a handful for him and i dont like that attitude, i prefer the over-confident type. Eubanks aint as arrogant as its percieved..."

Q: "People say your unorthodox, but Eubank probably has the most unorthodox style out there doesn't he?"

RJJ: "I know before the fight how to beat Gerald McClellan, but i wont know how to beat Chris Eubank until during the fight! Ive already worked out how to beat McClellan, but with Chris Eubank i think id have to work it out during the fight. He says id bring the best out of him and thats a scarey thought, because he usually fights about 50% of what he can do, he holds back so much because as long as his pay cheques keep coming in thats all he cares for really. What's even scarier though is he'd bring the best out of me, like Gerald McClellan would. Eubank's the big pay day but also the guy i might have a problem with, he does hate the game but the thing is the guys got alot of pride. i still dont know if he'd take the fight because he wants to retire undefeated and get one up on boxing. If he fought me, he knows he wont be retiring with his wealth and health intact, cos even if he remained undefeated his health wouldn't be intact."

James Toney....

JT: "Nigel was knocked out in the first round. Gerald whipped his a** but the ref gave him so much time to recover. If that didnt happen, Gerald wouldnt be in the position hes in today. Gerald and me would've had a superfight."

Q: "Were you a friend of Gerald?"

JT: "No, never. Me and Gerald never got along. Im sad what happened to him. I feel for the man. But I gotta say that i never liked Gerald. He used to say he beat my a** in the gym at Kronk. That aint true! I was the one who was staying close to him and firing back more, he didnt like it up close and personal. Ive got the video tapes to prove it. When we get home i'll dig them out and i'll show you how I mastered Gerald McClellan!"
    Wow cool read dude nice!!

RJJ shows alot of respect for Chris Eubank nice to see!!! This is the shitty part of Boxing that everyone hates the nineties missed out on some great fights there was 8-10 guys all world class who should of got it on in the nineties, but never happened becasue of polotics!!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo

Giving someone a bit of respect when they die is hardly jumping on a bandwagon. Surely it doesn't matter that YOU didn't know Steve Irwin personally, he was an Australian national icon, a huge star around the world, loved by millions and a great spokesperson for conservation and animal welfare issues.

To say you couldn't care less whether he's dead or not doesn't make you sound honest like you are keeping it real, it merely makes you sound like a kunt.
    Only Ali G can 'keep it real'.

And I am a c u n t. I hopw people are honest about that when I die.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Colonel Sanders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Colonel Sanders
    Im sure he said that he was his second favourite after Mr Wimpy.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo

Only Ali G can 'keep it real'.

And I am a c u n t. I hopw people are honest about that when I die.
    I doubt anyone will notice you've gone to be honest

:P just kidding

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ali G was a Naseem Hamed wannabe, and Naseem Hamed was a Chris Eubank wannabe.

But Ali G is nothing like Chris Eubank.

There, I mind-boggled you. Thank you and goodbye.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[color=blue]didn't know him, did not really watch his programmes so I could not really care that he's dead.
    But a lot of people did watch his shows and 'know' him

I see no bandwagon, he was a popular figure.

Thread Information