Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Scrap's Stretch Programme

The 2nd one keep the pressure on the arms with the elastic, keep pushing out
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the 3rd one must take some flexibility to do right off the bat like that.

I can do it almost that well, but only once I've really loosened up my hamstrings first

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

number 4 keep the elbows locked great one for the shoulders and pecks

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Adam I think he did the hamstring one first these segments have been altered abit all the stuff Ive shown were taken the same day its just that I cant show some of them for reasons that they are hard to do and not done properly someone could get hurt if not supervised

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very cool exercises , not the normal every day things. I like a variation of to do’s ,another cool click for creativity Scrap. thanks for sharing !

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

6 make surethe hips dont move hand under foot with knee behind elbow . The secret is to push the knee into the elbow hard and not moving the hips, its the best stretch for groin and lower back I know.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

7 knees together hips of the floor level with knees and shoulders twist the knees as shown good for lower back glutes, abs, hips its best to stretch hamstrings after

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

9 as shown complete figure of 8 with leg with toe pointing down at all times 5 reps then reverse while pushing into the ball with the other foot and pushing into the floor with the knee. Take your time with it Hes going to fast as wide and high as you can try it it will make your eyes water. Great one for hip stability and flexability

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Number 11 works the whole body, to do it you have to be fit. It works every muscle in the body at once, cordination at its ultimate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What you said about the guy doing the stretches having his hip out of alignment is interesting.

I have a runner friend who's hips were put out of alignment by incorrect orthotics(custom made by a podiatrist!) and has taken 8 months of Pilate's work to be able to run again.

I have a slight hip misalignment which might be from orthotics (made by the same podiatrist) but could also be from boxing (the effect of practicing only orthodox stance for several years?).

Would you recommend these exercises to correct pelvic misalignment along with pilates?

Are boxers prone to hip misalignments from practicing only one stance all the time?
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sharla, seeing a podiatrist is okay. But it doesnt sort the underlying problem of bad posture and what caused it be it pschycotic memory or muscle memory. Its interesting that it appears to me more left handed people on average have the problem, thats what Ive noticed on my trav mate Also you would be surprised how widespread the problem is. Anyway tell your mate to go see a good Osteopath he will sort it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks will do -

Also at the risk of sounding less than intelligent what is pschycotic memory and how can it cause bad posture?
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Through Subconcius thought process can instill bad practice Biomechanicly. From old injurys, the memory of pain is never going to be a plus when working hard it instills doubt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    Through Subconcius thought process can instill bad practice Biomechanicly. From old injurys, the memory of pain is never going to be a plus when working hard it instills doubt.
    you got that right ! what you got to do is complete erase the negative thought , and find away to embrace the situation as it is. and move on.

A bull with a bad leg who has excepted this , can still give you the horns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think I get what you mean - maybe

So subconsciously nursing a previously injured led therefore not distributing weight correctly and over straining the muscles which are compensating for it.

Would the tendency to flinch/brace in anticipation to taking a punch on your guard also qualify if it's done with incorrect technique - perhaps causing neck stiffness or something?

I guess you can not correct something like that unless you are totally aware that it is a problem and you focus on it continuously since it's one of those bad habits which is already automatic (unfortunately I have a few of those!).

Does that sound right?

Thread Information