Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Scrap's Stretch Programme

Absoluatly it can give bad technique through memory. The way Ive found is motorized stretch technique. Up to this time I havent had a failure, using the system. muscle never forgets so give it something better to remember remove the doubt.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've never heard of this motorized stretch technique sytem.

Are these motorized stretches similar to the ones in the video clips or modified to mimic the correct version of the movement you're getting wrong?

Can a person simply follow a set stretching program or does it need to me taylored to your specific problem?

Can you recommend some texts/web sites to read for more info? sorry if you've already been through this a thousand times before - haven't had a chance to read every post in the forum just yet :-)
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its best to tailored to the problem, youve probably never heard of it its a System Ive devised over many years of learning from better men than me, Professors and academics. I shut up and listened when all else fails they seem to land up at my door. Its nice to hear Dr so and so sent me or the University recommended you, Im a common Quack who trains fighters and sports people who wanted to learn my favourite word Why.

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    Its best to tailored to the problem, youve probably never heard of it its a System Ive devised over many years of learning from better men than me, Professors and academics. I shut up and listened when all else fails they seem to land up at my door. Its nice to hear Dr so and so sent me or the University recommended you, Im a common Quack who trains fighters and sports people who wanted to learn my favourite word Why.
    I am gonna PM you instead ~ thanks - LG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So if this is your system does that mean I have to fly over there and become one of your pupils to learn or are you willing to share your scientific knowledge with the rest of the scientific community - I'm a plant scientist which is obviously probably not quite your area of expertise but we could say by putting the info out there you are allowing it to be peer reviewed and trialled by a whole heap of students of the sweet science .......... Feeling generous yet?
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think the company, who I have just signed a contract with would be to pleased.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right fair enough - I gather that this company will then be marketing it in some form soonish?

If so will it still be marketed in a boxing specific sense? I don't think that there has been enough sport science research based on improving boxing specific performance - at least that i've been able to find.

There's plenty on other sports which might be extrapolated but some more specific info is always good.

You'll have to let us know when it is being released

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stretching the legs:
    Get a gym bench and large towel,make the into a 9 by 6 pad sit length ways on the bench, with knee over end put pad under knee.Foot by floor but not on, pull foot up so achilles is stretched then push down onto pad using hamstrings and gluts.Nowthroughtou t you keep that form with a straight back Bring the foot up an inch every 10 secs until the leg is straight, When their hold for 20 secs.Then bring it down an inch every 10 secs.If the legs start to tremble keep correct form Do this 3 times on same leg.If you can youve got pretty good legs Then do the other leg When it becomes easy you start doing it with weighted shoes it strecthes the whole leg,have fun.
    Exercise for abs and lower back:
    This is for power and speed strengthing the lower back and abdominal wall Sit downlegs straight heeels and knees pushed into floor.Back straight chin up,okay now think theirs somebody behind you ready to stick a red hot poker up your a***,thats the position you hold. Now go back 1 inch every 10 secs until your heels start to rise. Then come as you went down 1 inch every 10 secs,when vertical move feet width of shoulders, turn feet in then rock forward 4 times then lift feet with legs straight, off the floor6 inch then bang into the floor with heels. do the routine 4 times a workout. Do it every day for 2 week you will notice the differance, in speed and posture.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hmm.. I cant quite visualize the ab and lower back exercise posted above? would someone be able to clarify that one for me? I guess I'm a very visual learner when it comes to exercises, so forgive me for being a little slow

Also.. Scrap, how often would you suggest to do these stretches/exercises. Is it something that should be implemented in ones daily routine/program?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Certain types of Stretching can really help technique. Certain days we will do more stretching than technique to implement what we are trying to achieve, and repair movement its an ongoing fudamental of training. Body expresses itself to feel, nuerons respond to it, thats how we evolved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That makes sense Scrap.. thanks. I got to find a way to make time to try and fit some of these days into my regular routine.

I'm going to be fasting for a month starting sometime in August. I'm really going to be focusing hard on these stretches and some other concepts you've posted throughout the forum since I wont be able to do much physically intensive training for that period.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information