Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Punching the jab arm

Whenever someone I'm fighting shells up, I usually try the old "Lead hook that JUST misses their head, but accidentally pushes their arms out of the way just enough for my right straight to sneak in right behind it."
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hehe
    lol
    sounds ausome
    ive heard that ali use to do that but ive never seen it b4 in any of his fights

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For big fellas that keep it extended or over commit with the jab ;Try slipping to the outside so their jab goes over your inside or rear shoulder and uppercut under their arm pit with your rear arm as you move through with your feet,then drop a lead bomb over that arm as it comes down in its natural reaction to whats just happened.
    You are moving into saftey for the short time it takes.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yep, good one. I tried that and just missed his ribs. Then his trainer yelled keep those elbows tucked in. So I'm on the right track. I also defo needed to bob and weave more to get inside on such a big guy, which is all I've been working on the bag. jab jab left, jab cross right, etc. Until now I've always been more of a punch and shell kind of guy. Time to expand the arsenal even if I get clocked while working on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerjl
    ive heard that ali use to do that but ive never seen it b4 in any of his fights
    he did it a lot to Joe Frazier in their third fight... that I can tell you for sure, I just watched it the other night.

Ali just kept sticking his left in Joe's face and holding it there. Can any of you more experienced guys/gals tell me why? It kinda confused me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

probably To Piss Joe Off And Let him Know He Cant Get In

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marciano vs Jersey Joe Walcott baby. Jersey Joe had a decent lead on the cards and was focused on defence, keeping his arms up to cover his face. Marciano knowing that he needed a KO was wailing away at the fore arms of JOE. The relentless Marciano attack took its tole on Walcott who eventualy would drop his arms giving Rocky the opportunity to land that classic shot which would ko Walcott and go on to become one of the most famouse boxing pictures of all time.
    " To beat me he will have to kill me and to do that he has to be willing to die himself "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boxman
    Marciano vs Jersey Joe Walcott baby. Jersey Joe had a decent lead on the cards and was focused on defence, keeping his arms up to cover his face. Marciano knowing that he needed a KO was wailing away at the fore arms of JOE. The relentless Marciano attack took its tole on Walcott who eventualy would drop his arms giving Rocky the opportunity to land that classic shot which would ko Walcott and go on to become one of the most famouse boxing pictures of all time.
    cool cliick!!
    its cool to be a brocton blockbuster fan
    peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    I had a lad try and do the same thing to me, my arms where all black and blue the next day, but coming into the third round he could barely keep his gloves up, just countered so he didn't over shoot me to much on points and basically just teed off on him in the last round.

I'm pretty fit but it'd have to be a long pro fight or you'd have to be in with some one with weak arms and shit conditioning for it to be really affective with amatuer scoring
    Excellent Adam . the residual effect of hitting your opponent on the shoulders and arms comes mid to late rounds, and in the amatures no time to get the desired effect, and thus you will lose on the cards. When you are the shorter fighter , you must be the busier fighter ,hands always need to be in motion and you've got to crowd or rush your taller opponent and learn to cut off the ring , stay on him like glue. conditioning is very important in boxing, but even more so for a shorter fighter, you got to work hard to stay on the taller rangier fighter, especially with quick breaks via referee interference which ( always favors the taller fighter ) . if you allow the taller guy to tie up, a break is coming quickly, you must be in great shape and must keep the hands in motion to keep the action at your desired range .

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're not my trainer are you Lord?... :P

Fought at loads of different weights, and in the army too, so he as often the shorter fighter... quick hands and he would be busy all the time.

That's what he trys to develop most in us, speed, work rate and defence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    You're not my trainer are you Lord?... :P

Fought at loads of different weights, and in the army too, so he as often the shorter fighter... quick hands and he would be busy all the time.

That's what he trys to develop most in us, speed, work rate and defence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Adam Are You Saying You Boxed In the Army or Your Trainer??

i was thinking of joining the army or one of the other branches of military for boxing but not sure which ones have it

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here is a very very simple way to shorten the arms of an opponent with long arms and a busy jab; the funny thing is that it is THE natural counter in boxing and very difficult for him to counter.
    Here is the premise: the motion you make to slip his jab so that it passes over your right shoulder- slipping it to the "inside" position- is the exact same motion as you make to throw a straight hand. He jabs, you step slightly forward and left with your left foot shifting the wt to your left leg, etc...Your step far enough to drop your body low enough so that you are able to drive a straight to his heart; in the early days of boxing this was a legitimate ko punch and still would be were the average "modern" fighter schooled well enough to throw it. Throw this punch and come back with a left uppercut or weave outside with a hook to the body or chin. However you do it this punch will discourage his jab in short order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerjl
    Adam Are You Saying You Boxed In the Army or Your Trainer??

i was thinking of joining the army or one of the other branches of military for boxing but not sure which ones have it

If I am not mistaken the Army and the Marines both have a decent program...I know my business partner from the gym Vince boxed in the Army for a fact....I am trying to think who had a pretty good amatuer run in the Marines...A pro at the moment...Either way they both offer it
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ausome Im Pretty Sure Im Going to Join The Marines But Not Sure Yet

I Just Want To box

Thread Information