Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default BYRD

Yo so what happened to rapid fire?...
    he fought this year against vlad...got beaten on....
    is he still fighting,retired? ideas of a next fight?
    ive really not bothered or havnt seen anything explaining whats cracking with my man rapid fire!!
    used to be pretty big on him when he was up there with the big boys and not just sinking into the background!!
    he fast,good image, entertaining.... was neer into the complete and utter religion fest thing but thats his thing i aint dissin him for it...
    so tell me wassup people?
    peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: BYRD

He was on something....SHO or HBO can't remember...Said he will fight end of this or beginning of next year...opp to be named...Chris is a decent guy with good boxing skills he tends to fade away because he is mostly defense and counters with that style that is actually very good but many consider boring due to his safety first method....He will be back soon enough
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn

He was on something....SHO or HBO can't remember...Said he will fight end of this or beginning of next year...opp to be named...Chris is a decent guy with good boxing skills he tends to fade away because he is mostly defense and counters with that style that is actually very good but many consider boring due to his safety first method....He will be back soon enough
    well he certainly beat some of the best...and was beaten by some of the best... i hope that hasnt got him down because theres certianly chance for him to make it big again since theres not really alot going on in the heavywieght diviision aswell....
    but i dont think he can make it right to the top without fighting vlad again...
    and even 1 out of 3 wont make him tops, he could easily avoid vlad but that wont do him any good while vlad is around
    maybe a different weight class?
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by body head banger
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn

well he certainly beat some of the best...and was beaten by some of the best... i hope that hasnt got him down because theres certianly chance for him to make it big again since theres not really alot going on in the heavywieght diviision aswell....
    but i dont think he can make it right to the top without fighting vlad again...
    and even 1 out of 3 wont make him tops, he could easily avoid vlad but that wont do him any good while vlad is around
    maybe a different weight class?

A different weight class would have been great...Wasn't he a middleweight as an amatuer....He is 36 so making weight under 200 could be a prob but he floats around there anyway so who knows...If he was a cruiser he would have been awsome...Practically unbeatable...and the smaller size would have increased his punching power....Problem for Chris was he happened to come along in an era of very big guys....Averaging 6'4" or so....And the cruiser division only beefed up to 200 in the last few years...lBut he has had a hell of a run
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i have always liked chris byrd he was a small guy with a huge heart he didnt have a big punch but still got the job done against some really tough guys. i loved when he started rocking mccline around late he took alot of punishment early and then was able to come on big at the end and in the championship rounds to pull out the win! that fight was his best. wlad is just toooooooooo fuckin big!!!!!!!! chris has nothing to be asamed about that loss because if wlad was byrd's size it would have been alot different! hope to see him come back and beat maskaev or evev lyachovich next year
    (though im sure if peter gets maskaev first peter will be champ) but i would give byrd a decent shot to beat peter!

Thread Information