Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Guzman vs Pac????

It must be in the works for next year surely? , Obviously it depends on Pac's next fight but i think Guzman was a class act last night, The man has everything, Great defence, Power punches, Nice combinations, Movement and Speed i mean the first 7 rounds last night was just a masterclass in boxing, Barrios just couldn't live with him. I think it would be a thrilling fight!!.

So who wins out of these two?

I think Guzman would take this one uD or even Ko.

peace

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Guzman vs Pac????

I was actually thinking about doing a thread about this

I'd rather see it than Barrera-Pac honestly, maybe that's just me

I've liked Guzman since I saw him fight that guy that JMM just fought. Very interesting fight, Guzman would have a real good shot IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you guys are both right. he was pretty impressive

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guzman looked smart,fast strong and to be hoest,he looked as if he found the fight with Barrios easy. However,Pacquioa is on a whole different level and what does Guzman when do when the pace is heated up? I'll tell you 1 thing,if he tries to roll Manny,he will get KTFO. Right now,Pacmna by KO for sure. I have not seen Guzman's chin tested,nor how deep he willing to go and what happens if he breaks his hand? With Pacman,I know what I'm getting,fast,hard hitting,scratch that,super fast and P4P top 5 hard hitting,awesome chin,determination,stamina,a furious pace,wild at times but compensates aaaaaaaaaaaaaand becoming more varies,adding the right hand,ok jab and good lateral movement. Pac by ko for me.(and no,I'm not a Pac nuhugger!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan

I've liked Guzman since I saw him fight that guy that JMM just fought. Very interesting fight, Guzman would have a real good shot IMO.

Yes sir i agree, I mean i don't think pac has faced anyone like Guzman before, Guzman showed last night that he can also counter punch brilliantly on the back foot so pac would play right into his hands, The way he stalked down Barrios in the early rounds was class, Guzman knew he had his number, And he also looked so big and strong at that weight too, Technically he's right up there in my opinion, But will pac have the guts to face him?, That's the question .

Ps: that judge who gave Barrios the fight is a fucking mad man

peace

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Guzman looked smart,fast strong and to be hoest,he looked as if he found the fight with Barrios easy. However,Pacquioa is on a whole different level and what does Guzman when do when the pace is heated up? I'll tell you 1 thing,if he tries to roll Manny,he will get KTFO. Right now,Pacmna by KO for sure. I have not seen Guzman's chin tested,nor how deep he willing to go and what happens if he breaks his hand? With Pacman,I know what I'm getting,fast,hard hitting,scratch that,super fast and P4P top 5 hard hitting,awesome chin,determination,stamina,a furious pace,wild at times but compensates aaaaaaaaaaaaaand becoming more varies,adding the right hand,ok jab and good lateral movement. Pac by ko for me.(and no,I'm not a Pac nuhugger!)
    Don't see it being that clear... Id favour Pac for the fact that he's been tested on all levels, but based on what Ive seen of Guzman so far it would be a great fight that Guz could win... He has a much better defence and countering ability then Pac, and has more in his arsenal I feel.. Better two handed skills.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MiraCuloU$-P@rAg0n
    Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan

Yes sir i agree, I mean i don't think pac has faced anyone like Guzman before, Guzman showed last night that he can also counter punch brilliantly on the back foot so pac would play right into his hands, The way he stalked down Barrios in the early rounds was class, Guzman knew he had his number, And he also looked so big and strong at that weight too, Technically he's right up there in my opinion, But will pac have the guts to face him?, That's the question .

Ps: that judge who gave Barrios the fight is a F****** mad man

peace
    I've talked about this in other threads, what the hell was that judge watching? Judging in boxing has really been odd lately.

Guzman and Pac were both 122 pounders once, its not like just cause Guz moved up from 122 that Pac is bigger, if anything, like you said Guzman, looks solid at 130.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But you're contradicting yourself sir, You say you haven't seen Guzman's chin tested but you're still adamant he'll get knocked out, My boy Floyd's Chin has never really been tested either but everyone knows he's number one , Technically Manny is not touching Guzman and he ain't beating him in speed either, Yes, Questions will need to be answered about Guzman in the fight but I've seen Manny get schooled before and it can happen again, In my opinion Guzman has everything Manny has and more, And you also haven't given any credit to Guzman's defensive skills either, Which reminds me of Winky's.

But hey it's all about opinions so it's all good ,

Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guzman is a more well rounded fighter and he looks pretty good at that weight and his natural strength is great. Wonder why Pac didn't fight him at 122

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guzman looked smart...

...Pac by ko for me.(and no,I'm not a Pac nuhugger!)
    Admit it, El Gamo, you're quickly becoming one!

Barrios and Guzman is no class for either Pac, Barrera or Morales.
    There were hardly any style to talk about in their fight. They looked like street brawlers with wild swinging shots in the early rounds, and Barrios pursuing aimlessly with those long hooks and wild bodyshots while Guzman retreating inside waiting for him and countering with his only effective shot, short crisp hooks, in the later rounds. Even Barrera would've put them into school that night and could've even taken them out, IMO. Barrios' main weapons were his long hooks and body shots, while Guzman's main weapon was his short crisp hook that is effective only on the inside. Barrios would be easily hit by Pac's 1-2-3 combinations if he tries to shoot those long hooks, while Guzman will be stopped short if he tries those short hooks because Pac usually hits from the outside. No way, folks. They're still stuffs for the undercards and the promoters know it.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pacfan
    Guzman looked smart...

There were hardly any style to talk about in their fight. They looked like street brawlers with wild swinging shots in the early rounds, and Barrios pursuing aimlessly with those long hooks and wild bodyshots while Guzman retreating inside waiting for him and countering with his only effective shot, short crisp hooks, in the later rounds. Even Barrera would've put them into school that night and could've even taken them out, IMO. Barrios' main weapons were his long hooks and body shots, while Guzman's main weapon was his short crisp hook that is effective only on the inside. Barrios would be easily hit by Pac's 1-2-3 combinations if he tries to shoot those long hooks, while Guzman will be stop short if he tries those short hooks because Pac usually hits from the outside. No way, folks. They're still stuffs for the undercards and the promoters know it.
    Lol.. Everyone knows what your view is sir ,

So would you like to answer the question why Pac ran away from Guzman at 122?, And it's funny how you forgot to mention the first 7 rounds of the fight last night where Guzman displayed the type of technical skills Pac could only dream of.

Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guzman's main weapon is every punch he has. He just fought the style he needed to beat Barrios, he doesn't fight the same way two fights in a row against two different opponents.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pacfan
    Guzman looked smart...

There were hardly any style to talk about in their fight. They looked like street brawlers with wild swinging shots in the early rounds, and Barrios pursuing aimlessly with those long hooks and wild bodyshots while Guzman retreating inside waiting for him and countering with his only effective shot, short crisp hooks, in the later rounds. Even Barrera would've put them into school that night and could've even taken them out, IMO. Barrios' main weapons were his long hooks and body shots, while Guzman's main weapon was his short crisp hook that is effective only on the inside. Barrios would be easily hit by Pac's 1-2-3 combinations if he tries to shoot those long hooks, while Guzman will be stop short if he tries those short hooks because Pac usually hits from the outside. No way, folks. They're still stuffs for the undercards and the promoters know it.
    Lol.. Everyone knows what your view is sir ,

So would you like to answer the question why Pac ran away from Guzman at 122?, And it's funny how you forgot to mention the first 7 rounds of the fight last night where Guzman should the type of technical skills Pac could only dream of.

Peace
    Well taken, sir.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So what makes you so confident that Pac would prevail over Guzman Pacfan?, Come on put the bias to one side and name me one weakness in Guzman's arsenal that Pac could exploit?, Because as i've said Guzman out does him in the technical department and Pac's certainly not stronger, Faster, defensively astute as Guzman so are you judging the fight purely on Pac's willingness to come forward and his heart?, If so he'd only get schooled on the outside I'm sorry to say

Peace

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So what makes you so confident that Pac would prevail over Guzman Pacfan?, Come on put the bias to one side and name me one weakness in Guzman's arsenal that Pac could exploit?, Because as i've said Guzman out does him in the technical department and Pac's certainly not stronger, Faster, defensively astute as Guzman so are you judging the fight purely on Pac's willingness to come forward and his heart?, If so he'd only get schooled on the outside I'm sorry to say

Peace
    Sorry about that, I was out for a while. Strange, I've gotten the Barrera-Juarez I fight figured out watching it just once, where no other seemed to have gotten. But here it seems as if we've been watching a completely different fight! I hate to admit but I guess all these people here can't be wrong, so I'll have to watch the fight again to reassess it. But sorry to say, it won't be coming any time soon as TV stations here usually don't show replays esp. the undercards, and as I live in a small coastal town here in the Philippines surrounded by coconut trees and rice fields on the other side, the best I can find in the local market are some bootleg copies of Pac's fights, popular movies and of course the usual xxx-rated vids. So in the meantime, I'll be reserving my judgment 'til then... By the way, you don't have to address me sir.

Thread Information