Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ...Now what do we know (Abraham-Miranda)

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default ...Now what do we know (Abraham-Miranda)

So Arthur Abraham "won" a "decision" last night....what did the fight tell us about these guys?

Are they ready to get title shots?

Do they pose a threat to Jermain Taylor?

What are their strengths and weaknesses?

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: ...Now what do we know (Abraham-Miranda)

From what I read Miranda was a few shots away from stopping him and Abraham might have acted like a sissy at times but he came through tough with a broken jaw.

I doubt either would do anything to Jermain Taylor

El Kabong Guest

So we know nothing more?

I can safely say that Taylor will just demolish Abraham and that if Miranda's defense doesn't improve he's going to be the middleweight Sam Peter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i know kelly pavlik would destroy both

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Abraham ran for the most part , but on occasion he will make a ago as he seems to lunge and throws wild reckless shots, also look poor conditioned to me. He is awkward and has an unpleasant fighting style in my opinion . Miranda had no shot of winning that fight in Germany with the Ref in pocket, at least Edison beat Abraham up real good. so he can get some satisfaction out of that. !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    Abraham ran for the most part , but on occasion he will make a ago as he seems to lunge and throws wild reckless shots, also look poor conditioned to me. He is awkward and has an unpleasant fighting style in my opinion . Miranda had no shot of winning that fight in Germany with the Ref in pocket, at least Edison beat Abraham up real good. so he can get some satisfaction out of that. !
    Disagree totally.

Saw the fight...finally...& Abraham boxed...he outboxed Miranda...whom is a slugger that got really frustrated that Abraham refused to go down.

If that fight had been in the U.S., Abraham would have still won.

Yes the ref was a bit overbearing with the points...but Miranda fought like an asshole once he was unable to stop Abraham.

That was a good fight...sorry people...but Abraham won that shit. Period.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

intresting point of view Wacho ! I think a fight like this is a good example how judges can see thing differently and why cards end up the way they do alot of the times ! Cause i saw a completely different fight then you did . Thanks for sharing your views ! been waiting to hear your thought on the fight ! Cool Click now or in 24 !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well..., normally I agree with most of what you say,but here you are wrong...
    First of all most boxers condition wouldn't look good,if they have to fight 2 third of a fight,
    with a broken jaw...secondly, Abraham did still counter alot and won enough rnds that even
    without the ref,he would have won...and at last, Miranda looked pretty beaten up too...
    Both fighters took alot of hard punches and showed heart...and if I can give respect to
    Miranda maybe you can give some to Abraham...

Both would probably loose to Taylor,but I give Abraham a slightly better chance for a win against
    Taylor,than Miranda...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss
    Well..., normally I agree with most of what you say,but here you are wrong...
    First of all most boxers condition wouldn't look good,if they have to fight 2 third of a fight,
    with a broken jaw...secondly, Abraham did still counter alot and won enough rnds that even
    without the ref,he would have won...and at last, Miranda looked pretty beaten up too...
    Both fighters took alot of hard punches and showed heart...and if I can give respect to
    Miranda maybe you can give some to Abraham...

Both would probably loose to Taylor,but I give Abraham a slightly better chance for a win against
    Taylor,than Miranda...
    neither overly impressed me to be honest with you. Miranda should have been able to get him out of there, but Abraham is awkward, and was in survival mode, so that hinders that some, also Miranda lost his focus and rightfully so, He was fighting not only his opponent , but the Referee ( shit referee by the way) Edison was looking for the one big punch rather then try and put things together, he should have been able to stop Abraham. Without the Ref interference i have this a shut out for Miranda !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool click Johnykickass for your thoughts on the fight . intresting perspective ! enjoyed the read !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also like to point out how the Referee only penalized Miranda,, plenty of dirty shit going on with Abraham using the elbows and so on, holding , and running, and never got a warning. this was defiantly a poor bias refereeing job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC right back to you Lords Gym...

And some more info...
    After the fight Abraham was transported in an ambulance to a hostpital.In an emergency
    operation,which took 3 hours Abrahams jaw was set and reinforced with titanium disks or
    something like that ...At best it will take 6 month for Abraham to be able to box again,
    probably longer...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No doubt Abraham showed a lot of courage for finishing the fight. Miranda hits very hard , and for Abraham to endure that for 8 excruciating rounds shows heart . no question .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wacko man, you have never been so wrong!!!
    Miranda would have won this fight twice if it was in the USA.

Once in round 5 by TKO (the ref called the fight and was giving Miranda the win. Wilfred Sauerland overruled the ref!!!)
    Second he would have won on points! Miranda had one true low blow all night and the head butt. He was warned only 1 time for a low blow (which was not one). After that anything that was close was deducted points. A ref has always given a boxer multiple warnings before deducting points.

Even the headbutt which could be considered intentional (looked also like he was tyring to pull away from Abraham, he def was not trying to use his head as a weapon) the ref warned Miranda and was going to continue the fight. Only when Abraham walked to his corner did the ref decide to deduct not 1, but two points! And what about Abraham holding on?? He was never even wanred let alone lost points.

The ref cotrolled the fight and Miranda didn't have a chance.

Don't forget, I saw it live ringside and than again twice on DVD. I can't tell you how many local German fight fans came up to Miranda in the stadium and later on the streets saying he was robbed and they were embarrassed at what happened.

Miranda fight like an asshole? Where and when? Maybe you need a better copy of the fight. Send me a pm with your address and I will send you a clean hi-res copy with no commentary. I usually respect your opinion, but I really think you are way off on this one man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Disagree totally.

Saw the fight...finally...& Abraham boxed...he outboxed Miranda...whom is a slugger that got really frustrated that Abraham refused to go down.

If that fight had been in the U.S., Abraham would have still won.

Yes the ref was a bit overbearing with the points...but Miranda fought like an asshole once he was unable to stop Abraham.

That was a good fight...sorry people...but Abraham won that shit. Period.
    Thats my take aswell, it would have been closer but he'd have still won. If anyone looked like actually going down, it was Miranda, Abraham got messed up but was only buzzed once or twice, Miranda had multiple scares, although Abrahams lengthy rest in the 11th may have saved him if there hadn't been 5 deductions, because Abraham looked very tired at that point, although in no danger of being KO'd.

People are saying Taylor would destroy them both, I disagree, I think both of them would pose a threat. Miranda comes forward and throws a lot of power punches, which looks to me like the way to beat taylor, providing you have the chin to absorb the counters, which proved against Abraham.
    Abraham vs Taylor has the makings of either a complete stinker, with neither willing to engage, or a Barrera v Morales esque all out war, with neither guy willing to sit back and counter like they usually do and just going for broke. If that happened, I'd make taylor slight favourite, if it was a stinker the winner would be the guy on home turf IMO.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Thread Information