Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Lacy Bites Back at Calzaghe(I can sense a rematch coming soon¬)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lacy Bites Back at Calzaghe(I can sense a rematch coming soon¬)

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    MAB DID get blown out by Pac,but MAB also didn't train for a few weeks due to a fire at his training camp,had rumours about his private life,had a split from a long time associate and maybe under estimated a man moving up in weight and he remained competetive for the beginning of the fight,winning a few rounds at least. Absolutely none of those points relate to Lacy,and MAB did not get hit upside the head 1,006 times and did not get/want a rematch straight away,it's been 3 years.( I mean no disrespect to Lacy fans,just pointing out that an MAB analogy does not apply)
    And yet Lacy isnt entitled to a bad night?

Pardon me Barney Rubble, but if people aren't gonna give Lacy a bad night and then give Barerra a bad night rather then say that Pacquiao is the one who made him look that way then we have a pretty bad double standard here. 

Fact is, both Lacy and Barerra were favored for one way or another, and nothing was considered an excuse until AFTER they were blasted out.  If they had won, nobody would even be mentioning it would they?

Nobody would be saying "Barerra is such a great fighter with all those personal problems still beating Pacquiao."

Or that "Lacy is so great, even on a bad night he beat Calzaghe"

It only turns into "personal problems" or a "bad night" if you lose. But if you win impressively its nothing.

It's like parents...

If their kid has a messed up life and isn't doing anything with it the parents blame it on video games and music and act like they had no involvement in the advancement of their child.

But if their child graduates from some high university, who's the ones that are the first to jump up waving their hands screaming "Thats my child!!! Thats my child up there!!!"

Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    MAB DID get blown out by Pac,but MAB also didn't train for a few weeks due to a fire at his training camp,had rumours about his private life,had a split from a long time associate and maybe under estimated a man moving up in weight and he remained competetive for the beginning of the fight,winning a few rounds at least. Absolutely none of those points relate to Lacy,and MAB did not get hit upside the head 1,006 times and did not get/want a rematch straight away,it's been 3 years.( I mean no disrespect to Lacy fans,just pointing out that an MAB analogy does not apply)
    And yet Lacy isnt entitled to a bad night?

Pardon me Barney Rubble, but if people aren't gonna give Lacy a bad night and then give Barerra a bad night rather then say that Pacquiao is the one who made him look that way then we have a pretty bad double standard here.

Fact is, both Lacy and Barerra were favored for one way or another, and nothing was considered an excuse until AFTER they were blasted out. If they had won, nobody would even be mentioning it would they?

Nobody would be saying "Barerra is such a great fighter with all those personal problems still beating Pacquiao."

Or that "Lacy is so great, even on a bad night he beat Calzaghe"

It only turns into "personal problems" or a "bad night" if you lose. But if you win impressively its nothing.

It's like parents...

If their kid has a messed up life and isn't doing anything with it the parents blame it on video games and music and act like they had no involvement in the advancement of their child.

But if their child graduates from some high university, who's the ones that are the first to jump up waving their hands screaming "Thats my child!!! Thats my child up there!!!"

Good read ! Excellent point . CC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think people can rematch when fights aren't close... I wouldn't mind seeing Mayweather vs. Corrales again... Lacy was young he tried to throw too many bombs... I think if he fought Calzaghe more like Peter fought toney... He would still lose, but he should shorten up his punches, and throw them in bunches... Also it wouldn't hurt if Winky could show him some D.

Thread Information