Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: getting starting boxing again...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default getting starting boxing again...

ok so i play football, because of that the sched. tight so gym time hasnt been there much for me. I have a heavy bag at home and have a workout i use from the gym. Is there anything I can do to get back into it?(critsism,tips, anything..)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: getting starting boxing again...

As in you want to do boxing workouts during football season...? because it still is football season...

I played football (american) in high school. My opinion is wait till your done with football and then get back to your boxing.

edit: I just thought of something... void my opinion if you mean european football (soccer to me). Cuz I didn't play soccer. I was too fat back then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: getting starting boxing again...

Actually if you learn to balance them they can work for each other....Don't know what position you play in football but a true or even half regime in a boxing workout can help you with cardio and flexability...Truth is a football worout will effect your boxing workout in a negative way before the boxing workout would interfere in your football workouts...EG..to many weights to make you tight adding too much bulk ect...But boxing will keep you more agile with movement...I have a kid Trevor Bryant who is a hell of an amatuer and has won about a dozen national titles including A Jr olympic medal and he plays football in HS...He is actually getting a full ride to college on it...During football season he works out in the gym less with us but still gets in 2 days a week somtimes more plus sparring....If you can handle it do both just don't burn yourself out...
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Thread Information