Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Boxingtalk reviews Miranda vs Abraham

I'm not trying to flood the board with this fight, but this is the first 'expert' opinion on this side of the pond that reviews the tape.
    Thought it would be another 'fair' opinion on the fight:

http://www.boxingtalk.com/pag/article9834.html

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxingtalk reviews Miranda vs Abraham

Boxingtalk actually has "experts" I always associated boxingtalk with the word "groupies" more than "experts" but oh well.

Hey opinions are opinions, I had it 6-6 in rounds, I think he gives too much credit to Miranda for just agressiveness but that does seem to be the trend lately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The guy writes about boxing for a living, so that's why I called him an expert. Yes, just an opinion, but much different than the 'expert' German opinions that swarmed through the AP wire after the fight.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera
    The guy writes about boxing for a living, so that's why I called him an expert. Yes, just an opinion, but much different than the 'expert' German opinions that swarmed through the AP wire after the fight.
    I just don't think of boxingtalk as a place with too much credibility in their expertise, they're just fans and groupies who are good for breaking news but not much else, but I do think Doug Fischer from maxboxing is good and he thought Miranda won pretty clearly. It was a good fight, I wouldn't have any problem with somebody that scored it like 7-5 Miranda. And some of the low blows weren't, the headbutt was as intentional as I've seen since Ruiz-Johnson.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera
    Whoever wins, in whatever fight, in whatever country, there will always be partisan fans who will masquerade as experts as an excuse to sing the praises of their favourite fighters. Not neccassarily a bad thing, you just have to read the articles of writers you're familiar with, or take what's written with a pinch of salt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another opinion from Max boxing:

You were more generous to Abraham than I was. Without the point deductions I would have scored the bout for “Pantera” 8-3-1 in rounds. With the point deductions I had it like you, 7-5 for Miranda. Even with five points taken off, I didn’t have Miranda losing. I scored it even, 112-112; however, I’m not going to scream bloody murder over the decision. Abraham was not just holding on for dear life round after round after his jaw was broke. He was throwing and landing clean punches that rocked Miranda’s head back (particularly in rounds seven, eight and nine). I scored round eight for Miranda and nine even, but both rounds could have gone to Abraham (and obviously did on the official cards). Before the pivotal fifth round, I had Abraham firmly in command, 3 rounds to 1. He blocked most of Miranda’s power shots with his high guard and landed clean right hands during his periodic offensive bursts.

You say the fight was “dirty”, but I didn’t see it that way. Miranda was the only guy employing “dirty” tactics. I thought it was a good, solid middleweight tussle and both men showed me things I didn’t know they possessed going into the fight. Abraham showed me he’s a tough, gritty son of a bitch who will not wilt under intense physical pain or constant pressure from a strong challenger. Miranda showed me that he can go the distance and take a solid punch and continue to dish out punishment late in a fight. I honestly believe that both men were elevated by this fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure, Miranda may have just permenantly dented whatever jaw or chin Abraham had, like what Trinidad did to Vargas
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Thread Information