Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: my opinion on Juan Manuel Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by 'The Boxer'
    yeah JMM should be fighting MAC and morales. those fights should have been happen. a rematch with PAC is long overdue. he needs to move up to 130.

MAC? Miguel Angel Cotto? he would probably loose. LOL just kidding I know you ment MAB!!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon
    when you look where he is now.....he is fighting for a WBO interim title! i dont see why he is doing this at all. He is an amazing boxer and i dont understand why he is staying at 125. He lost to chris John who is the number 1......if marquez wants a rematch he wud only get in, in Indonesia and i personally think he will get another L on his record. the 125 devsion aint got that many good fighters in it and i really do think marquez should move up 130.....its got the better fighters and it will make him more money. there is so much more better competetion and he is getting older as well. i really do think its time for marquez to look at a mega fight. i would like to say marquez-valero......and that could lead to guzman maybe? or why doesnt he look for a rematch with manny.......but he is deciding to go and hunt some scottish alcoholic instead im confused
    I don't think people realize what 5-7 lbs means in a fight. Everyone is like just move up . why does this fighter stay here ? why does he not move up? Simple ansewer , a leap into another weight division is huge disadvantage to a smaller built fighter. , especially in the lighter weight divisions . Tremendous difference in opponents power, size, height, strength. If your a fighter that dries out to make weight, you can move up a bit, but if you come in correct at certain weight. Thats it ! thats your weight, If you move up from that point ,better then average chance of getting snuffed out !
    but when you think it like this........................be recognised as a winner and get a shit load of money if i was in marquez's boots i would be offering manny a fight right now! at the momment he is the man to beat and they had a great fight and it ended in the draw! so if he wants the cash and the rep.......offer out manny..........or you could go the safer option fight bums and look for a idoiot of a champ scott harrison.............i know who i wud pick!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Missy
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy
    I see this fight as a good enough move. Get him back in the saddle with his new team, get him winning again hopefully with some style and get people talking about him to increase his $ale value. Maybe one or two tunes ups then go for a name/title.

CMM the look on his face was a classic, shat can't believe got caught AGAIN. At that point he could have sat it out, he would have known it would have been a bitch on the scorecards, but he got up and clawed it back (in my eyes won) like a true world class operator and he had the gameplan that without those knockdowns would have made fairly one sided imo. Not sure how you can say the others don't have it.
    I ment that expression in the sense that he showed that after being down three times he can comeback and win a fight. I've never seen MAB, ERIK or PAC do that but to be fair I can't say they don't have that.
    What I meant to say was that each one has something MORE special that the other might have but it's their strong point.
    For Ex:
    PAC is the harder puncher
    ERIK is the warrior
    MAB is the vet. with the ring smarts
    JMM is very tactical skilled fighter

Hope this makes sense..... If not then screw you it makes perfect sense to me.

Missy!! been missing you I know this is the perfect time to let you know since Steelie, brad4dboxer never come into these threads.
    I love you and can't wait to see you tonight...

Makes perfect sense and I agree. They each have a special something.

Speaking of a special something, CMM that was some night. I've had to put Savlon on my knees.
    Your welcome..

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bump.

My Opinion on JMM is that he is one of the greatest fighters to win in multiple divisions.
    Not the kind of fighter to take one mega fight in a weight class then move on.

On a down note it makes it difficult to pinpoint his best divsion, because he'd clean house, but moved on, never having that 5-10 or 15 title defense to his record.

He didn't get the record for most divisions because he usually stayed long enough to beat several champs.

At Feather Pac took a controversial draw with Agapito Sanchez, while JMM got UD over him.
    At SuperFeather got a decent resume with Gainer, Pacquiao, Orlando Salido, but took a loss against John. Jaendang, Jaca decent wins, but got back to top tier foes with wins over MAB & Rocky Juarez followed up with Pacman and then Lineal Champ Casamayor.

I think JMM vs Casamayor is a very under rated fight. Joel didn't clinch as much and landed a lot of counters, really cracking fight. It was one of the few fights where both guys counterpunched each other.
    Well at that!

For JMM to have Juarez, MAB, Pac & Casa in 2 years is a special feat IMO.

Then he goes after Juan Diaz who was 34-1. We know how great of a fight that was. Cracking from the opening bell and just like his win over Casa, same with Diaz he had to weather the storm, counter and adjust and pulled out the win.

7 months later he dances with Floyd. This is a stellar resume. Too bad Floyd schooled him. Gained a weight advantage, but still chose to counter punch.

Takes no easy fight next time out, within 10 months he gives Baby Bull a 2nd shot and wins a bit easier 2nd time out.

1st time in awhile he takes over a year off and dances with inside fighter Katsidis whose last loss was to Diaz, -then went on a 4 fight win streak even taking Kev Mitchell's 31-0 record away. Damn good phone booth fight between JMM and Katsidis, but again Juan showed his ability to adapt and counter

Dances with Pac 2x & has no problem fighting a fast counter puncher in Bradley. This was another underrated fight IMO. Both these guys displayed a high level of skill. I gave it to Bradley 6-5-1 even. I wouldn't have complained had it went JMM's way. But again- the point of basing my opinion of his greatness is solidified by how often he fought the best with no haggling, politics. He got fights signed.

Ends it with Alvarado.

JMM to me ranks top 5 in his era. P4P, not any particular weight class. He proved no matter the division he would 1. fight more than just one of the best
    2. Could fight inside, outside, brawl or counterpunch.

IMO he's a bad hombre.
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 03-24-2021 at 11:17 AM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

​..... and another drug cheat
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information