Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default ~NEWS FLASH~ Buddy McGirt to train Paulie Malignaggi

McGirt to train Malignaggi!

Light welterweight contender Paulie "The Magic Man" Malignaggi and his manager, Sal LoNano, have officially announced the hiring of Buddy McGirt as Malignaggi's head trainer and chief second. McGirt replaces Paulie's only trainer from the amateurs to the pros, Billy Giles. Malignaggi (21-1) is still recuperating from a fractured cheekbone suffered in his courageous 12-round loss by decision to WBO champion Miguel Cotto last June in Madison Square Garden. "I'm excited to have Buddy McGirt in my corner," Malignaggi said. "I was very disappointed after my last fight and that feeling is something I never want to experience again. I'm turning over a new leaf. I'll be training at Buddy's gym in Vero Beach (Florida) for all of my fights. The weather there is better for training. Buddy's going to help me beat the best in the world." McGirt stated "Paulie's been an arm puncher with no real snap. It'll come in time as he has more confidence in his punching ability. He's been getting by on his natural stuff. Once he grasps everything it'll be a totally different ballgame. He really hasn't found himself. He's only scratched the service. There's so much to do that he really doesn't know yet. Paulie can be world champion, no doubt about it." Malignaggi is eyeing a January return.
    Saturday, October 7 2006

http://www.fightnews.com/

So wadda 'ya guys think can Buddy teach Paulie the right stuff to get him a belt around his waist?
    More important can Paulie pick this stuff up and make something happen?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ~NEWS FLASH~ Buddy McGirt to train Paulie Malignaggi

Paulie's garbage. He'll never be a champion

SigmaMu Guest

He wont get no where while Hatton is in that division. Ricky Hatton is still young and will dominate that division for at least a few more years.
    I would like to see what Paulie looks like in the ring again.
    I have a funny feeling we wont be seeing much of him...
    I think he will pull a magic act a la Prince Nas and just disapear. Then we will all know why he is called the magic man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't like Buddy McGirt as his trainer.

Paulie will be back. The amount of heart he displayed against Cotto just shows that.

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai

Paulie will be back. The amount of heart he displayed against Cotto just shows that.
    Cotto suffered a BOXER'S FRACTURE in this fight.

A boxer’s fracture is a broken bone (fracture) in the hand near the knuckle of the fifth finger. This injury usually occurs in professional fighters, but it can occur in non-fighters when punching a hard object like a cement wall. With appropriate treatment and normal alignment of the bones, healing can be expected in about 4 to 6 weeks. Occasionally, surgery is necessary to re-align the bones of the hand.

This was the reason why Paulie was able to survive the fight and also his hugging too.

What caused it?
    It is usually caused by punching something harder than the hand, such as a wall or another person's head. The end of the metacarpal bone takes the brunt of the impact, which usually breaks through the narrowest area near the end (the "neck"), and bends down toward the palm.

Symptoms
    Pain, tenderness, swelling (especially the back of the hand), and later bruising of the hand
    Visible deformity if the fracture is complete
    Loss of normal prominence of the knuckle at the little finger
    Numbness from swelling in the hand, causing pressure on the nerves (uncommon)

Complications
    Fracture does not heal (nonunion)
    Fracture heals in a bad position, causing twisting of the finger when making a fist. (malunion)
    Chronic pain, stiffness, or swelling of the hand
    Arrest of normal hand growth in children
    Shortening of injured bones
    Bony prominence in palm or loss of contour of the knuckles
    Persistent pain and weakness when gripping
    Arthritic, unstable, or stiff finger joint if the fracture goes into the joint or after repeated injury or delayed treatment
    Scarring around the knuckle and limited motion

Treatment
    Because the part of the hand where a boxers fracture occurs has a lot of compensatory motion this fracture can heal with good function even if it heals without perfect alignment (position). If xrays reveal that the fractured bones are aligned within an acceptable range, the initial treatment consists of rest, ice, compressive bandage and elevation to reduce swelling and discomfort. Casting, splinting, or bracing may be recommended to provide support to the bone depending on severity and location of the injury. After immobilization, stretching and strengthening of the injured and weakened joint and surrounding muscles is often necessary. Surgical treatment is indicated if there is an unacceptable amount of bone angulation or non union of the bone fragments.

Taping may help avoid further injury when returning to sports. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (such as aspirin and ibuprofen) or other minor pain relievers (such as acetaminophen) are often recommended. Take medication only as directed by your physician. Contact your physician if any bleeding, stomach upset, black tarry stools, or signs of an allergic reaction occur. Pain relievers may be prescribed as necessary by your physician. Use only as directed. Cold is used to relieve pain and reduce inflammation for acute and chronic cases. Cold should be applied for 20 minutes 4 times daily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

McGirt is overrated as a trainer. But if he can kep Paulie to keep his hands up when somebody closes distance he'll do fine.

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    McGirt is overrated as a trainer. But if he can kep Paulie to keep his hands up when somebody closes distance he'll do fine.
    I would not get with McDirt. Everyone he has trained lately has lost
    McDirt can't save Paulie Pure Bread but..

There's no need to fear!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well emanuel stewart is busy.. and the mayweathers dont stay around long enough. Roger is suspended, Floyd is doing whatever, and Jeff never stays around long enough. No other good trainers out there right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually think the best trainers are not those famous guys.

A good trainer will work with you closely, and I don't think any of those famous
    guys can really do that with so many talented fighters on their work load.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai

Cotto suffered a BOXER'S FRACTURE in this fight.

A boxer’s fracture is a broken bone (fracture) in the hand near the knuckle of the fifth finger. This injury usually occurs in professional fighters, but it can occur in non-fighters when punching a hard object like a cement wall. With appropriate treatment and normal alignment of the bones, healing can be expected in about 4 to 6 weeks. Occasionally, surgery is necessary to re-align the bones of the hand.

This was the reason why Paulie was able to survive the fight and also his hugging too.

What caused it?
    It is usually caused by punching something harder than the hand, such as a wall or another person's head. The end of the metacarpal bone takes the brunt of the impact, which usually breaks through the narrowest area near the end (the "neck"), and bends down toward the palm.

Symptoms
    Pain, tenderness, swelling (especially the back of the hand), and later bruising of the hand
    Visible deformity if the fracture is complete
    Loss of normal prominence of the knuckle at the little finger
    Numbness from swelling in the hand, causing pressure on the nerves (uncommon)

Complications
    Fracture does not heal (nonunion)
    Fracture heals in a bad position, causing twisting of the finger when making a fist. (malunion)
    Chronic pain, stiffness, or swelling of the hand
    Arrest of normal hand growth in children
    Shortening of injured bones
    Bony prominence in palm or loss of contour of the knuckles
    Persistent pain and weakness when gripping
    Arthritic, unstable, or stiff finger joint if the fracture goes into the joint or after repeated injury or delayed treatment
    Scarring around the knuckle and limited motion

Treatment
    Because the part of the hand where a boxers fracture occurs has a lot of compensatory motion this fracture can heal with good function even if it heals without perfect alignment (position). If xrays reveal that the fractured bones are aligned within an acceptable range, the initial treatment consists of rest, ice, compressive bandage and elevation to reduce swelling and discomfort. Casting, splinting, or bracing may be recommended to provide support to the bone depending on severity and location of the injury. After immobilization, stretching and strengthening of the injured and weakened joint and surrounding muscles is often necessary. Surgical treatment is indicated if there is an unacceptable amount of bone angulation or non union of the bone fragments.

Taping may help avoid further injury when returning to sports. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (such as aspirin and ibuprofen) or other minor pain relievers (such as acetaminophen) are often recommended. Take medication only as directed by your physician. Contact your physician if any bleeding, stomach upset, black tarry stools, or signs of an allergic reaction occur. Pain relievers may be prescribed as necessary by your physician. Use only as directed. Cold is used to relieve pain and reduce inflammation for acute and chronic cases. Cold should be applied for 20 minutes 4 times daily.

Thanks man. Did you remember that I had a boxer's fracture?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's a good move for Maignaggi! Paulie can still make a lot of noise at 140.
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    for that.

he trains to many people and alot of his fighters lose. nobody really notice that his fighters were losin because the big names like tarver and gatti were winning. he spreads himself to thin.

i think mayweather sr would be good for paulie. even though bajado is nowhere to be found right now his boxing skills did improve while working with mayweather sr. note bojao last fight against leija he was train by buddy.

Thread Information