Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Chico move up?

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Should Chico move up?

Diego Corrales loses to Joel Casamayor AGAIN.....is it a good time for him to move up in weight and try to wipe out 140 while he still has some skill left? He's 5'11, he has the frame to maybe go all the way up to 154 but he's 29 years old...should he move up now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should Chico move up?

I dont think he has much of a choice if he wants to continue boxing. He missed weight by 5 lbs, that isnt even close to making it. If he is smart he will move up to at least 140 for a few fights and then to 147. I would be surprised if his body will continue to let him get down to 135 again.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he still wants to fight, I say yes. I wonder if he's lost alittle desire. Physically I think he is still capable, but he was definitely missing something and he didn't sound like he's sticking around in the interview.

I like Diego, and hope he is still active.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

theres good fights for chico at 140 and 147 and he had also said about eventually wanting to rematch mayweather...
    dont think its gona happen but there are other good fights at lww and ww for him to cement a legacy
    peace
    Immortal Technique

El Kabong Guest

I want to see Corrales-Hatton or Cotto or at this point Corrales-Witter...I think he could do something there.

Diego was just pissed he lost his shot at a rematch with Floyd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    I want to see Corrales-Hatton or Cotto or at this point Corrales-Witter...I think he could do something there.

Diego was just pissed he lost his shot at a rematch with Floyd
    floyd is looking to the future in all fairness and i never saw floyd giving chico a rematch...
    he blew his chance... i mean it wasnt even competative....thats what i find strange about diego in some of his fights he jus doesnt show up quite all there.... he was probably capable of giving pbf a little more competition but he jus never turned up on form... shame
    yeh i have interest in him fighting hatton, cotto, malignaggi, witter, maybe margarito or baldo?? imo eventually he'll settle to welter after hitting lww and he'll have some decent last fights at welter
    peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chico has gotten a little spacey over the last few hard fights and stopping now may add 15 years to his life

for being so young he has taken alot of shots

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he's gonna keep on fighting, which I strongly assume he will, then yeah he should move up.

Read somewhere, I think in maxboxing, that he might move straight up to 147, I guess cause he feels like even making 140 would be hard. But he hasn't said that in public so its obviously not a sure thing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has too, I don't see him making 135 ever again! Hey we may get Corrales/ Castillo 3 after all. Corrales can't hold anything against Castillo now IMO
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is the end of an article about the Casa-Chico fight

www.maxboxing.com

by Steve Kim

FINAL FLURRIES

I think a Darchinyan-Jorge Arce bout would be dynamite, but with Arce selling out an arena in Hidalgo recently, I get the feeling that Top Rank will keep things in-house and make fights instead against Martin Castillo and the like.....Believe it or not, there is talk of a future bout between Corrales and Margarito at 147.....I've been told that there are some discussions of a January bout between Sergio Mora and Fernando Vargas........

WTF. Corrales-Margarito at 147

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan

www.maxboxing.com

by Steve Kim

FINAL FLURRIES

I think a Darchinyan-Jorge Arce bout would be dynamite, but with Arce selling out an arena in Hidalgo recently, I get the feeling that Top Rank will keep things in-house and make fights instead against Martin Castillo and the like.....Believe it or not, there is talk of a future bout between Corrales and Margarito at 147.....I've been told that there are some discussions of a January bout between Sergio Mora and Fernando Vargas........

Castillo/ Arce would be a great fight as well though but Castillo cleans him up! Arce? Darchinyan needs to be made so Vic can prove hes the best there is.

As for Corrales/ Margarito I think it will be a great match up. I think Diego fits into 147 just fine with his size. That is the type of big name fight that Margarito needs to establish himself in the mainstream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy76

www.maxboxing.com

by Steve Kim

FINAL FLURRIES

Castillo/ Arce would be a great fight as well though but Castillo cleans him up! Arce? Darchinyan needs to be made so Vic can prove hes the best there is.

As for Corrales/ Margarito I think it will be a great match up. I think Diego fits into 147 just fine with his size. That is the type of big name fight that Margarito needs to establish himself in the mainstream.
    But if it is Corrales first fight at 147 nobody will give Margorito any credit if he wins. Margorito would get more credit for a victory if Corrales has a couple of successfull fights at 147 first.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah i think chico should move up. theres alot of fights out there for chico. i'm not certain that he would win or lose any of them. chico been in some great fights over the past few years but they have all been fairly close. so i have a hard time picking him to beat any of the top guys.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TyBuff
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy76

www.maxboxing.com

by Steve Kim

FINAL FLURRIES

But if it is Corrales first fight at 147 nobody will give Margorito any credit if he wins. Margorito would get more credit for a victory if Corrales has a couple of successfull fights at 147 first.
    If Margarito domintated Corrales I for one would give him credit. As I'm sure many others would. Corrales ain't no chump, has huge heart & always comes to fight. A win over Corrales at any stage is always gonna big a big victory for any fighter!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

chico's whole fight game is being a huge lightweight, and even there his chin was more than suspect.
    if/when he moves up, hes going to lose a lot of the size advantage hes had for so long and his spped is going to fall off a little, not to mention that the boys at 140 hit harder....
    imo, he should give 140 a good shot and fight some quality fighters (harris, hatton, castillo again.....which im certain he would lose all 3) and if he loses to any of the fighters that i mentioned he should hang em up cause theres not much left at 140 for him

and god forbid he tries to go up to 147

Thread Information