Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baldomir vs PBF, the ride ends...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Baldomir vs PBF, the ride ends...

Hey I like Baldomir, and he has given "journeymen" fighters out there a huge boost. I respect the guy for what he has achieved and that he has made the most out of his opportunities and ability, but I truely believe that it will all come to an end at the hands of PBF. He caught Zab by surprise at the right time. I really dislike Judah and anyone can tell that prior to the fight that he had totally underestimated Baldomir and payed him no respect. He was already hyping his fight with PBF. Zab has the concentration ability of a child with ADH, whose spent the whole day drinking coke and arrived at Disney World. Went into the fight totally unprepared and we all know that he wouldn't be able to dig deep if we gave him a bulldozer. Hence Baldomir got the much deserved win.
    Then you have the Gatti fight. Almost all boxing fans know that Gatti is a shot fighter. Was there not a single spectator out there who wasn't shouting for the ref to step in against PBF.
    But now he faces PBF!!! Despite what we think of PBF, he has real ability, he is at his peak, he is truely commited to training and any surprise that baldomir might have brought will have disappeared with the 2 displays against Zab and Gatti. Fair play to Baldomir, he deserves this pay day, but can anyone see a way that he can get a result??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Baldomir vs PBF, the ride ends...

Quote Originally Posted by sanj16
    Hey I like Baldomir, and he has given "journeymen" fighters out there a huge boost. I respect the guy for what he has achieved and that he has made the most out of his opportunities and ability, but I truely believe that it will all come to an end at the hands of PBF. He caught Zab by surprise at the right time. I really dislike Judah and anyone can tell that prior to the fight that he had totally underestimated Baldomir and payed him no respect. He was already hyping his fight with PBF. Zab has the concentration ability of a child with ADH, whose spent the whole day drinking coke and arrived at Disney World. Went into the fight totally unprepared and we all know that he wouldn't be able to dig deep if we gave him a bulldozer. Hence Baldomir got the much deserved win.
    Then you have the Gatti fight. Almost all boxing fans know that Gatti is a shot fighter. Was there not a single spectator out there who wasn't shouting for the ref to step in against PBF.
    But now he faces PBF!!! Despite what we think of PBF, he has real ability, he is at his peak, he is truely commited to training and any surprise that baldomir might have brought will have disappeared with the 2 displays against Zab and Gatti. Fair play to Baldomir, he deserves this pay day, but can anyone see a way that he can get a result??

baldomir reminds me of a welterweight version of glen johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

but he's up against the Greatest....PBF....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigragu

correct, just like johnson was up against roy jones jr. (although he was pretty much shot going in)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd should win this convincingly... but...

With all the skill/speed in the world I'm still not sold on him as a Welterweight.

Baldo is a strong guy with above average skills, a thick skull and a good work rate. Floyd had better not forget to inject his hands before this one

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Baldomir wins more than 4 rounds I'll be impressed, white wash for Floyd.
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdoo

With all the skill/speed in the world I'm still not sold on him as a Welterweight.

Baldo is a strong guy with above average skills, a thick skull and a good work rate. Floyd had better not forget to inject his hands before this one
    I agree...all the way around. Good post.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigragu

correct, just like johnson was up against roy jones jr. (although he was pretty much shot going in)
    A Roy JOnes Jr. who lost his ability to fight off the ropes, his foot speed, his chin, and maybe most importantly his confidence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO the only thing roy lost was his confidence. for we know he never had good chin to begin with. since nobody could touch it we couldn't tell. in the third tarver fight i saw the speed and refelxes. he just didn't have the confidence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He lost a little the reflexes by the third fights against Tarver... Jones did lose his chin... look at the first Tarver fight... flush straight lefts weren't doing crap to him, Ruiz hit him solidly in the side of the head, pretty much every fighter got in a few solid shots against Roy Jones JR... I've watched his career about 5 times, and he like any fighter who has foughten the top level gets tagged once and awhile in every fight especially when he would get reckless after overwhelming an opponent... He did have a solid chin... One time Toney did a 360 punch that clipped him cleanly, and he didn't even blink... Toney also punched off the clinch a few times, and Jones would respond with a quick punishing combination.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hes good but hes not even close of beatin floyd
    too slow for him, too predictable for him
    and one thing i noticed, bad footwork

damn you hit it exactly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really excited about this one.....PBF decision, with the odd patchy moment for him however.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    He lost a little the reflexes by the third fights against Tarver... Jones did lose his chin... look at the first Tarver fight... flush straight lefts weren't doing crap to him, Ruiz hit him solidly in the side of the head, pretty much every fighter got in a few solid shots against Roy Jones JR... I've watched his career about 5 times, and he like any fighter who has foughten the top level gets tagged once and awhile in every fight especially when he would get reckless after overwhelming an opponent... He did have a solid chin... One time Toney did a 360 punch that clipped him cleanly, and he didn't even blink... Toney also punched off the clinch a few times, and Jones would respond with a quick punishing combination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeth

how he lose his chin between tarver I and tarver II. when he got KO by tarver in the 2nd fight it was because it was a good punch. everytime roy got hurt after that it was because he had lost his confidence.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i can see this being a castillo type of fight, flloyd did not want to engauge castillo at all, and in my mind baldo is definetly stronger, he may well win this fight, definetly worth a bet anyway

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdoo

Probably because he faced a guy that is the closest to him in terms of talent and gifts, but he had an edge in mentality. I don't think Baldomir is as fast or quickly reflexed as Judah.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Thread Information