Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Oscar De La Hoya makes decision on Trinidad; Disses Tito's Dad

Oscar De La Hoya has pulled the rug under from Tito Trinidad. According to a report by popular Boxing Scribe, Dan Rafael of ESPN.com, De La Hoya said he's finally finished with Trinidad for good. De La Hoya first discussed the option of fighting Tito Trinidad this summer in an interview with DoghouseBoxing's Coyote Duran, but that option now seems wiped off the table by the hands of De La Hoya. Some of the key issues had been money and weight. Trinidad's side wanted too much cash and over valued themselves, plus they wanted the fight at 160 pounds, a weight Oscar can not reach.

De La Hoya didn't mince words, telling Rafael: "I want to lay to rest the whole Trinidad situation. I am thinking that
    Trinidad's father came out once again after a couple of years to call me out, which has been happening since we last fought. Trinidad retires and then his father comes out of the woodwork eventually, saying I'm a chicken, I'm a coward. It's really bad because I think truly the father maybe ran out of money or something, so he figures he can get his son to fight me and make some more money.

De La Hoya added: "I'm saying this fight is never going to happen. Let's lay it to rest. I can't make 160, he can't make 154. I can only make 160 if I eat tamales. It can't happen. They're asking 50-50. It is a joke, it's ridiculous. If you think about it, even if we offer them a 70-30 split my way, it will still be the biggest purse he ever made. He might as well take it."

To further express the fight will not happen, De La Hoya has told Richard Schaefer (negotiating on behalf of De La Hoya) to ignore Don King's (Trinidad's promoter) phone calls from now on.

De la Hoya tells ESPN, "I gave specific instructions to Richard not to answer his calls anymore. The train has left the station. They can call me a coward as much as they want, but the train has left. This fight will never happen."

Source of Quotes: Dan Rafael, ESPN.com

Doghouseboxing.com

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: Oscar De La Hoya makes decision on Trinidad; Disses Tito's Dad

CC jabvargas24. Good read.

Can you imagine having to deal with Don King? Gives me the willies.

So much for the rumor and rematch.

Basicly, Goldie is telling everyone to go phuk themselves. He is calling the shots and if they don't like it, too bad.

Oscar should fight him. I dont buy into that crap where he says he cant make 160. That is total BS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol,that is nonsense that Oscar cannot make 160 and you are correct,Oscar will pull all the shots. I still think he will fight Floyd(and lose). I'd like to see Osca Tito fight for old times sake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar always makes it difficult to set up a fight against him. He always wants the majority of the money. I admit, Oscar will probably draw more fans than Tito, but Tito is no slouch at the gate. Without Tito, Oscar won't make that kind of money. Oscar should definitely get 60-40, only because he is admittedly the bigger draw. But as always, Oscar wants to call all the shots, such as weight and purse. Remember after the controversial first fight? Trinidad wanted to move up to 154, but Oscar didn't. He wanted Tito to fight at a catch weight (152). Oscar seems to be scared of Tito's power, and that has always been the case. Oscar fought Hopkins at 160 and he's way stronger than Tito. So what's the problem now? perhaps the Hopkins fight was fixed (I mean, all of a sudden after the fight, Hopkins and Oscar are buddys). Oscar is just a pain to deal with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar can only make 160 if he eats tamales huh? i guess we all should stay away from that dish then hahaha. im more of a enchilada guy anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would much rather watch Oscar fight JR than Titto. It would be a much more interesting fight. Even if Oscar does fight Tito and beat him it would not make up for his loss in the first fight. That was one of the most anticipated fights of all time, two undefeated and seemingly unbeatable champions in the biggest fight of their lives, that is certainly not the case today. I mean think about it, if Hearns had beat Leonard in their rematch do you think it would have made up for loosing to him in the first fight in what was probably the biggest fight of his carrer? Probably not.
    " To beat me he will have to kill me and to do that he has to be willing to die himself "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kind of stinks. I would really like to see it. I just think it needs settling. Oh well.

Narrows it down for PBF, which I don't think PBF can win. I feel the same as ODH-vs-Bhop. Just not big enough and strong enough to win this fight. I can't see PBF possibly hurting ODH and everyone talks about PBF's defense as if he is unhittable, that is not the case, he will taste ODH's power. I don't think PBF can win it.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After what Wright did to Trinidad who would want to see Oscar fight Tito again? For what? Tito would have to come back and prove himself. It wasn't like people clamored for a Pacquiao and Barerra rematch until Barerra proved he wasnm't done for.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    CC jabvargas24. Good read.

Can you imagine having to deal with Don King? Gives me the willies.

So much for the rumor and rematch.

Basicly, Goldie is telling everyone to go phuk themselves. He is calling the shots and if they don't like it, too bad.

Oscar should fight him. I dont buy into that crap where he says he cant make 160. That is total BS.
    Did you see his fight with Hopkins? Anyways he has nothing to prove against Trinidad who has proven to be a has been. Mayweather is his he way to eternal glory as a man who has always foughten the best of the time. Seriously he fought Pernell when he was on top, then Trinidad and Mosley, then Hopkins when he hwas on top... not to mention Vargas at his best, and he fought Chavez along with many other solid champions like Campas... If he fights Mayweather I will be willing to say he has foughten better competition than any other fighter who has ever lived.

Thread Information