Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Demetrius Hopkins

Share/Bookmark
    SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: Demetrius Hopkins

The knock out of Michael Warrick

Warrick was knocked out cleanly and obviously by a right from D-Hopkins; there was no chance of him rising to his feet by the time the 10-count was complete. He was difficult to revive even after the count was over and the ring doctors were attending to him.

I thought Warrick was going to die right then and there in the ring

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G

Warrick was knocked out cleanly and obviously by a right from D-Hopkins; there was no chance of him rising to his feet by the time the 10-count was complete. He was difficult to revive even after the count was over and the ring doctors were attending to him.

That is what happens when a fighter gets Ko'd in 3 of his last six fights.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ender

Yeah prospect. What prospect do you think should be on TV then. And justify it
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty

Are you asking this because you can't justify DHOp being on TV without Uncle B ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

South Africa’s Isaac Hlatshwayo (25-0 with 9 KOs). The 28-year-old boxer, who made a splash in America by out-pointing Nate Campbell at lightweight, is scheduled to meet once-beaten Kendal Holt in November. Should he beat the New Jersey-based prospect, the IBF, which currently ranks the South African at no. 8 at junior welter, would likely move him forward making him a target for hungry young guns like Hopkins or Alvarado.

Canada-based Cameroonian Herman Ngoudjo, 14-0 (9); 22-year-old prodigy Lamont Peterson, 18-0 (; France’s 2004 Olympic champ Willy Blain, 14-0 (2); Finkel’s 20-year-old phenom from Colorado, Marvin Cordova, 11-0 (7); Michigan’s Lorenzo Reynolds, 15-0 (7); Philly’s ’04 U.S. Olympian 25-year-old Rock Allen, 9-0 (6); Coachella, California’s Timothy Ray Bradley, 15-0 (9); the Bronx’s 26-year-old Joey Rios, 14-0 (6); Colorado’s Adrian Mora, 15-0-1 (; and Washington’s David Torres, 16-0 (10)

This is a list compiled by Doug Fischer recently in his two part article "Prospect vs, Prosect on MAxboxing. He and I disagree on one point (catch Doug in Vegas sometime. The man can argue til sunrise ) and that is D Hop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins is good, had a little of a hard time in his last fight but he still won it.

It's Willie Gibbs that showed so much promise and from what I hear he barely won his last fight(not good)

But, Demetrius is a very good prospect, he's not ready for the best in the division yet, but he's top 20 no doubt.
    Yeah...you know...I really really dig on Willie...but he doesn't box smart.

He goes out & tries to own the crowd. He needs to box more than brawl...but he didn't just barely win...just had a tuff fight against a tuff fighter...but he stopped him late...& that's what counts.

Willie won't go much farther if he keeps on keepin on the street he's headin down.

What is up with all these up & comers scratching their defence?

I just don't get it. Your chin & gut can only take you so far.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Would not be talked about if his uncle wasn't old toothless.
    Totally disagree with that statement. It carries little to no weight at all.

Hopkins D, has already carved his place out in his division. Whether he is ready for the elite had hitters is still debatable. I'd love to see him match against Lazcano or Rodriguez.

Demetrius has a great defense & as of late...he can brawl & punch...just like Big Hop in his early career.

He just needs to be moved along at a gentle pace.

Great fighter with lots of promise.

GREAT fighter ? That word gets thrown around waaay too much. He hasn't fought anyone of note to be even considered more than a prospect . In this day anad age that and a good connect( his Uncle) will get you contender status before you've earned it.

How is my statement baseless ? Would we even know who this kid is if BHOP wasn't related to him? Probably not.
    I never said that it was a baseless statement...I just disagree with you. I think that the guy has some skills & shows a lot of heart & power.

Yes...people know who he is outside of the Hopkins namesake.

The Eduord fight solidified his name...that was all Gibbs...no Hopkins there.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you asking this because you can't justify DHOp being on TV without Uncle B ?
    No, I'm asking this cause all you've done is degrade DHop so I'm asking your opinion on the prospects that should be on TV to see who you choose over him. And please don't contradict what you've already said earlier.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins is good, had a little of a hard time in his last fight but he still won it.

It's Willie Gibbs that showed so much promise and from what I hear he barely won his last fight(not good)

But, Demetrius is a very good prospect, he's not ready for the best in the division yet, but he's top 20 no doubt.

He goes out & tries to own the crowd. He needs to box more than brawl...but he didn't just barely win...just had a tuff fight against a tuff fighter...but he stopped him late...& that's what counts.

Willie won't go much farther if he keeps on keepin on the street he's headin down.

Because on good defense and boxing skill doesn't get you TV time or big fights, nowadays you need to be the exact opposite to get on TV and they make you a world beater because you can knock people out. But thats not how it should be. I'd rather see another Pernell Whitaker then another wannabe Tyson or Gatti.

SigmaMu Guest

Oh Then I think it is time for Warrick to hang them up. I was very nervous for him when I did not see any life in him on the floor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because on good defense and boxing skill doesn't get you TV time or big fights, nowadays you need to be the exact opposite to get on TV and they make you a world beater because you can knock people out. But thats not how it should be. I'd rather see another Pernell Whitaker then another wannabe Tyson or Gatti.
    I'd disagree with that. A punch always helps because it is universal. But Ivan Calderon gets on TV and he is a pure boxer. Maybe not that popular to casual fans but boxing guys love him. Cory Spinks is a pure boxer but ...oh ..that name thing again. Chris Byrd was a TV fighter for years and he was rarely in danger of dropping anyone.

Like anything, it isn't what you do but rather who you know that helps. A punch does make it so no one can ignore you for long ( Tito Trinidad).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd disagree with that. A punch always helps because it is universal. But Ivan Calderon gets on TV and he is a pure boxer. Maybe not that popular to casual fans but boxing guys love him. Cory Spinks is a pure boxer but ...oh ..that name thing again. Chris Byrd was a TV fighter for years and he was rarely in danger of dropping anyone.

Like anything, it isn't what you do but rather who you know that helps. A punch does make it so no one can ignore you for long ( Tito Trinidad).
    What I said about prospects when I was asking you to name yours

I'm asking this cause all you've done is degrade DHop so I'm asking your opinion on the prospects that should be on TV to see who you choose over him. And please don't contradict what you've already said earlier.

So what prospects do you feel should be on tv?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    How do think he GOT those fights on TV ?
    How did Juan Urango, Arnaoutis, and Malignaggi get fights on TV early in their career?

With ESPN sometimes showing two shows a week, with showbox, OLN now, even soleo boxeo its not hard for a prospect to get on TV.

How many American based prospects are just never on TV early in their career? How do the Petersons get on TV, Allan Green, everybody with a decent promoter has connections and can get fights on ESPN or Shobox or whatever.
    It's actually VERY hard for a prospect to get on TV. There aren't that many dates compared to how many prospects there are. For every guy you mentioned, there are 20-30 others out there. At least.

I don't see much that is very special in DHop . That is why I have a problem with him being where he is. He hasn't beaten anyone special( That last KO was very good but the fight itself? BOOOORRING) and is being matched up very carefully.

There will be plenty more of this until the guy beats someone credible. Someone that isn't on a recent losing streak like his last opponent who was Ko'd by other prospects and contenders .

But there are so many that do, hell Derek Bryant's been on ESPN like 5 times. The area you come from matters, guys from Minnesota or Kentucky aren't going to be as exposed as guys from Philly, but what I'm saying is that a lot of guys who are not the nephew of somebody famous are on TV a lot in their early career, Mike Marrone's been on ESPN a couple times and he's to put it nicely pretty average. I could go on for a while.

Now whether he's a good prospect or not is an opinion, I'm not gonna argue that with you, if you don't think he's very good then that's your opinion. My opinion is he's pretty skilled, pretty fast with a decent punch but that's just an opinion just like yours.

I do think its time to step up and see how good he is.
    I know Derek Bryant personally and the reason why he doesn't get attention is because he is ignorant and rude, he DOES NOT train. No one in Philly wanted to deal with his bi-polar moods. He can't figure out a contract, because he can't read one and B-HOP was going to take him under his wing with Chavez, but he said that B-HOP wasn't going to amount to anything......3 years later, he is still catching the bus and BHop is living fabulous. When trainers in Philly tried to help his dumb a**, he screws everybody over. He will use you until he gets what he needs then he drops you. Once he realizes he messed up, he tries to come back. Now he is in the backwoods somewhere fighting for 2K a fight when he should have been a millionaire....besides his 10K a week gambling addiction. He is a loser and will always be one.....jmo. If you look at Boxrec.com (Wilkpedia), his baby mama's are on there talking about all the child support he owes....something like 90K. Bum.....His time is over trying to make a comeback at 35.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hell of a knock-out, perfectly timed ! Warrick was eating the jabs and started to move into his offense when he meets the Hopkins RT in the process. when you catch a guy in the process of launching his offense and moving into your punch, you just multiplied your impact force.

[youtube=425,350]Npwcy4-8Zs4[/youtube]

Thread Information