Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nigel Benn: "Calzaghe Would Have Beat Me, Chris Eubank and Roy Jones Jr."

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Nigel Benn: "Calzaghe Would Have Beat Me, Chris Eubank and Roy Jones Jr."

Nigel Benn: "Calzaghe Would Have Beat Me, Chris Eubank and Roy Jones Jr."

so they say

I am not too sure about roy jones, it would be a close fight but I would definetly put my money on calzaghe against benn and eubank
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nigel Benn: "Calzaghe Would Have Beat Me, Chris Eubank and Roy Jones Jr."

Warren is crazy if he things Calzaghe could live in the same ring witn a Prime Roy Jones or Chris Eubank. ALL these credents because he beat Lacy
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nigel Benn: "Calzaghe Would Have Beat Me, Chris Eubank and Roy Jones Jr."

Is it just me but whenever I read quotes from Chris Eubank my brain automatically reads them as if he is speaking in his strange lispy way and always chuckle to myself.

I can't think of anybody else who I read as if they are talking but I can't help it with him. It annoys and amuses me in equal measure :P

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    Is it just me but whenever I read quotes from Chris Eubank my brain automatically reads them as if he is speaking in his strange lispy way and always chuckle to myself.

I can't think of anybody else who I read as if they are talking but I can't help it with him. It annoys and amuses me in equal measure :P
    Ive just started this Frank Skinner autobiography and I get the same thing. His voice is speaking to me!!! Its not me reading it!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let me say this...I'm a massive Calzaghe fan...have been...so no bandwagon riding here...but these statements...well I honestly feel that they would be painfully disproven for ole' Joesephee.

Joe is a brilliant champion...but he's got a few issues that need addressing.

One of the main one's is that he comes in swinging & wide open & is subject to get clocked & dropped.

I often wonder is someone defensive minded that stays on the back foot could handle him...

I honestly think Jones in his prime would have eaten him alive.

Again...big fan of Joe...but every doggy has his day.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty

Warren is crazy if he things Calzaghe could live in the same ring witn a Prime Roy Jones or Chris Eubank. ALL these credents because he beat Lacy
    no its nothing to do with that its skills workrate and eubank hated people who didnt fight his pace benn 2 and watson 2 for example he would of give roy jones tough fight

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesty

no its nothing to do with that its skills workrate and eubank hated people who didnt fight his pace benn 2 and watson 2 for example he would of give roy jones tough fight
    There's a few posts on this site where Eubank states he didn't want to fight Roy Jones unless it was necessary because he'd be ruined.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When asked if Calzaghe would have beaten him, Benn replied "maybe so, maybe so."

I don't think that exactly sounds like Benn saying yes he would beat me and Jones and Eubanks....ASounds more like the guy saying anthing is possible....I am not a fan or hater of Calzaghe but I do think that people have blown up his win over Lacey way out of proportion....you would think he dominated Hopkins or PBF the way some make it out...Jeff not all that good just strong....good win for Joe no disagreeing with that.... I wont get into if he would have beaten Benn or Eubanks no need really... Frank Warren is out of his mind with his statements...In no way and I will be bold enough to say this isn't just my IMO I will go as far to say this would be a FACT...JOE CALZAGHE AGAINST A PRIME ROY JONES JR AT SUPER MIDDLEWEIGHT WOULD NOT EVEN BE COMPETITIVE....Jones would eat him up like a free buffet at fat camp...
    You can say Calzaghe is fast he is a hard hitter good boxer blah blah blah....But he is in no way shape or form in Jones League prime for prime....And I am one of Jones biggest detractors....Jones too fast...to slick...had a good punch at that weight....he would tag Calzaghe all night coming in then combo the shit out of him.....Debate the rest but the Jones claim is that of a fool
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Let me say this...I'm a massive Calzaghe fan...have been...so no bandwagon riding here...but these statements...well I honestly feel that they would be painfully disproven for ole' Joesephee.

Joe is a brilliant champion...but he's got a few issues that need addressing.

One of the main one's is that he comes in swinging & wide open & is subject to get clocked & dropped.

I often wonder is someone defensive minded that stays on the back foot could handle him...

I honestly think Jones in his prime would have eaten him alive.

Again...big fan of Joe...but every doggy has his day.
    RJJ would have eaten Joe C alive.....and I'm a Joe "The Italian Dragon" Calzaghe fan!!!
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    When asked if Calzaghe would have beaten him, Benn replied "maybe so, maybe so."

I don't think that exactly sounds like Benn saying yes he would beat me and Jones and Eubanks....ASounds more like the guy saying anthing is possible....I am not a fan or hater of Calzaghe but I do think that people have blown up his win over Lacey way out of proportion....you would think he dominated Hopkins or PBF the way some make it out...Jeff not all that good just strong....good win for Joe no disagreeing with that.... I wont get into if he would have beaten Benn or Eubanks no need really... Frank Warren is out of his mind with his statements...In no way and I will be bold enough to say this isn't just my IMO I will go as far to say this would be a FACT...JOE CALZAGHE AGAINST A PRIME ROY JONES JR AT SUPER MIDDLEWEIGHT WOULD NOT EVEN BE COMPETITIVE....Jones would eat him up like a free buffet at fat camp...
    You can say Calzaghe is fast he is a hard hitter good boxer blah blah blah....But he is in no way shape or form in Jones League prime for prime....And I am one of Jones biggest detractors....Jones too fast...to slick...had a good punch at that weight....he would tag Calzaghe all night coming in then combo the S*** out of him.....Debate the rest but the Jones claim is that of a fool
    I'm not sure mate, Calzaghe on form is hell of a quick and in hindsight we now know that Jones couldn't take a punch.

I think Joe may stopped him.

It's by no means a certain win for Jones.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beat a prime Roy Jones??!! Give me a fuckin break! Says who? Some assclown who never even fought Roy Jones? I don't think Calzaghe can even beat Roy Jones now. He'd have a good shot now, don't get me wrong. But in Roy's prime, he'd have absolutely no shot in hell.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know why people keep on about Roy Jones.

He couldn't even win an olympic gold medal. He fought in the weakest era of the middleweights by far, moved up to an empty super-middle division (only beating a weight drained Toney along the way). The light heavies are always crap and he avoided anyone remotely good for years. He doesn't deserve credit for beating John Ruiz either for chrissake !

Then gets knocked sparko by people who aren't very good.

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ha ha X you've done it again! I'm laughing like fcuk.cc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kessler & Froch could both knock out Calzaghe.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Beat a prime Roy Jones??!! Give me a F****** break! Says who? Some assclown who never even fought Roy Jones? I don't think Calzaghe can even beat Roy Jones now. He'd have a good shot now, don't get me wrong. But in Roy's prime, he'd have absolutely no shot in hell.
    why not ?? anything is possible with calzaghe workrate and granite chin and good speed hes got a shot and i like both fighters im just saying why do people believe it would be one sided ??

Thread Information